Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

those silly trekkies

Aside from Babylon 5, there are a few other sci fi shows I really enjoy. From the ill fated Space: Above and Beyond, the Xfiles, Stargate SG1, Jerimiah and the upcoming Battlestar Gallactica series to of course, Star Trek.

Well, some Star Trek that is. TOS, TNG, DS9 style Trek is all good, I thought they were well done television shows. When I get on the discussion of VOY though, I get phisically sick. Its seriously the worst damn show Ive ever seen, Star Trek related or not, so I try not to miss too many oportunities to bash the hell out of it.

Which brings me to my point...

One of the other webiste you will see me trolling is Trekweb, the one website I have found which appears to be the definitive information bank of all things Trek. Including fanboys. Im talking people that adore Trek to the point where on member actually said this to me:

[QUOTE]I love Star Trek, Star Trek is the only sci fi show thats any good. I refuse to watch any other wannabe sci show, cause its nothing but Trek wannabe[/QUOTE]

I know, crazy huh? He dismissed the idea that ANY sci fi show could top Trek. You wont find him anywhere but sitting in the dark alone watching reruns of Neelix and company.

anyways... A few days ago, someone started a discussion about how bad Voyager was so naturally I piped up and offered my two cents, there are some interesting comments actually. It seems VOY was indeed nothing but a shitstorm of crap spewn across the airwaves. And with the exception of a few silly trekkies, it appears even members of Trekweb state, B5 was a better show than any Trek series to date.

[URL=http://trekweb.com/stbbs/showThread.php?bid=FldwoPP0qETo2&tid=4159ed28cbc77&cid=4159ed28d0a9a&viewby=&sort=&order=#4159ed28d0a9a]Link, I hope[/URL]

Comments

• Too long & tyoo lazy to read it all but I thought the par t about Neelix being a Sesame street character was hillarious :)
  • I was lucky enough to meet some of the cast; they were very nice in person. :p (Jack met them too, tease him not me.) Methinks they got "managemented" or "publishered". :shadow1:

[COLOR=skyblue]Trivia Time:[/COLOR]
    Tim Earls, the designer responsible for most of the non-organic ship designs (EA, etc.) for the B5 series (and for some of the designs for ItF, sigh) went to Voyager after B5. I don't know where he ended up, but I wouldn't be surprised if he's working on Enterprise...
  • Damn those Trekkie fundies
  • shadow boxershadow boxer The Finger Painter & Master Ranter
    If I ruled the world... every 'middle manager' and person caught wearing a shiny suit would be shot on sight....
  • TyvarTyvar Next best thing to a St. Bernard
    SB, in the American experience, people wearing really shiny suits tend to be italian mobsters. So becarefull with them okay! ;)
  • who cares.... They wont last long....
  • Vertigo1Vertigo1 Official Fuzzy Dice of FirstOnes.com
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Captain,Simmonds [/i]
    [B]who cares.... They wont last long.... [/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah, until suddenly SB and his family "disappears". ;)

That being said, those trekkies are more than likely Darkstar's lackies too busy giving him oral than to actually think for themselves. I literally laughed out loud when someone said that fucking VOYAGER could take on the Death Star and [b]win[/b]...
  • BekennBekenn Sinclair's Duck
    Why not? It took on all those borg, thus completely eliminating any coolness factor they might once have had.
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    As the quote goes, "Voyager turned Picard's white whale into flipper."