Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Your outlook on life

Been thinking about such things quite a bit lately...

Do you consider yourself to possess a positive or negative outlook on life? Why?

Comments

• Random ChaosRandom Chaos Actually Carefully-selected Order in disguise
    Neither. I am a realist. Therefore I am positive when things look promising and negative when they don't. I prefer the postive ones, but I won't assume positive for no reason.
  • shadow boxershadow boxer The Finger Painter & Master Ranter
    optimistic, pragmatic cynic
  • I think of myself as a realist. My friends describe my outlook as dark. I guess it comes from seeing both the worst and the best of people.

There is great beauty and darkness in the world. Mordor is in our midst and the worst sorts of evil-doers walk amongst us. Yet there is kindness, compassion, valor, honor, and honesty to be found as well.

Unfortunately, those who manipulate, rob, threaten, and abuse others, those who value power and money above love, family, friendship, and honor seem always to be the ones weilding the most control and influence. They are aided by hordes of self-richeous do-gooders who will gladly sacrifice every freedom, every right, every privacy for some small or temporary gain to their own self-absorbed cause.

I look for friendship, hope for the best, and treat others with honor and respect until they show me that they deserve otherwise...
    but I don't forgive, forget, or shy away from returning hostility or threat with overwhelming and unrelenting force. I give friendship easily, my gift of trust is not so quickly awarded; it can only be earned.

Perhaps this causes me to be labeled as "negative". So be it. I will not, however, become anyone's victim without a fight.
  • I have negative outlook on life.... I have very Cynical views on life, and i'm also a Pessimistic to. I just dont care anymore.
  • FreejackFreejack Jake the Not-so-Wise
    Oddly enough I feel kinda like SB does...just the other way around

Pragmatic Optimist
  • Lord RefaLord Refa Creepy, but in a good way
    I guess everyone knows where I stand. teehee.

I'm happy as happy I may be.
  • JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
    Glass Half-Full...

;)
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    optimistic side of realist, unless its about myself then my insecurities come into play, which isn't much fun.
  • BekennBekenn Sinclair's Duck
    Generally optimistic.
  • If the class is half full I ain't had enough!
  • bobobobo (A monkey)
    Optimistic
  • JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by The Cabl3 Guy [/i]
    [B]If the class is half full I ain't had enough! [/B][/QUOTE]

If the CLASS was half full then I'd have some paying work... :p

BTW, I just noticed your signature was the quoted scripture by Samuel Jackson in Pulp Fiction! :D
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by JackN [/i]
    [B]If the CLASS was half full then I'd have some paying work... :p

BTW, I just noticed your signature was the quoted scripture by Samuel Jackson in Pulp Fiction! :D [/B][/QUOTE] lol took ya long enough :D.;

[I]Now maybe that means im the Lords vengeance, or maybe im the sheperd leading the weak. But that shit ain't the truth. The truth is, you're the weak, and I am the tyranny of evil men. But I'm tryin, Ringo. I'm trying REAL HARD to be the shepherd.[/I]
  • PJHPJH The Lovely Thing
    To quote Ozzy: "Life sucks and then you fucking die." ;)

I must say, that the older I've gotten the more negative my view of this world has gotten as well.

I used to be pretty happy when I was younger, but I haven't been happy in a long time anymore. Only on small moments sometimes, but it goes quickly over. I've long since passed that phase of my life when I didn't know better how stupid, bad and immoral people truly are.

I'll try to enjoy of all the little things as much as I can, but unfortunately you're surrounded by all the shit of this world from all the possible directions more and more all the time and it affects you and your life even if you try to avoid it.

Sure there are lots of good and great things still in this world, but unfortunately the good things are decreasing and bad things increasing all the time.

So.... pretty negative and cynical I guess.

But still.... lets try to smile for a moment. :)

- PJH
  • CurZCurZ Resident Hippy
    I guess I'd have to go with RC's view mostly. I take the time to enjoy whatever good things I can, but stay on my toes mentally for the negative things that inevitably occur.
  • RubberEagleRubberEagle What's a rubber eagle used for, anyway?
    I guess I'm pretty much like PJH...
  • AlaricAlaric Damn kids! Get off my island!
    "Glass half full " sums it up for me too.

"There are, it has been said, two types of people in the world. There are those who, when presented with a glass that is exactly half full, say: this glass is half full. And then there are those who say: this glass is half empty. The world belongs, however, to those who can look at the glass and say: What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!"
    -- (Terry Pratchett, The Truth)
  • Optimistic here. :)

Glass half full and a refill on the way kinda guy. :D
  • RubberEagleRubberEagle What's a rubber eagle used for, anyway?
    Bah.. half full glasses...
    I somehow can't stand a full glass in front of me, so i always empty it as fast as i can (that's also why i don't drink Beer or wine, or other "soft" alcohol beverages)
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    i suppose im a negitive sort at heart, but i try to put on a positive face whenever im with people cos i learned a long time ago that people would much rather be with a happy person than a sad one