Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Lesure Suit Larry : MCL... GOLD!

2»

Comments

• Banned in Oz...

Larry got banned from Australia. Bummer.
    "No soup boobies for you!"

[url]http://www.itnews.com.au/dlinkstorycontent.asp?ID=1&Art_ID=21936[/url]

So, what about NZ?
  • samuelksamuelk The Unstoppable Mr. 'K'
    FYI, I saw LSL at my local Electronics Boutique (Raleigh, NC) today.
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    It's possible it could be banned in NZ, but I don't see it happening. NZ banned Manhunt over a year ago for very sensible reasons, but I think in general we're a very liberal country and that LSL would just get given the highest rating. Still, who knows.
  • [quote]Example: The Atlas cross-platform engine we use for all our in-house games at HVS doesn't handle random D3D device loss during the middle of a rendering loop (it was written initially for consoles and consoles don't do that). So if, for example, you hit CTRL-ALT-DEL and it interrrupts the game in the middle of a draw (which is usually what it's doing) Windows yanks the D3D device, the game code freaks out and boom, you're sitting there on your desktop wondering what happened.

Bug: Game crashes on CTRL-ALT-DEL.
    Fix: Don't do that.

-- john[/quote]

Now THAT is sig material!
  • AnlaShokAnlaShok Democrat From Hell
    Hey, John! It seems to be a small world.... I was at a bachelor's party last night and it turns out Tom is one of the dev team as well. He tells me you have three daughters and have given each of them the middle name "Sky"! Very cool!

In case you're not sure which Tom I mean, his wife is Ayanna and their son is Duncan.

I will not give out details of the party, you'll have to ask him about that.... But 12 drunk guys on a 40' yellow school bus can make for some interesting tales. (there were 13 of us, but I don't drink. More amusing to watch the drunk guys do stuff in my opinion)
  • It's Skye. All three of them. Yep, I'm a geek. ;) At least I didn't put Leah, or something as their first names. At one point we were joking about Addison... but we decided that was just too much of a curse... :D

It's fun to refer to them as "the padawans" and "the jedi"; big-time nerdy fun to be had there.

Of course, they may hate me/us (it's mostly my fault) when they get older, but hey, they can just say "my middle name is S."

"What does the 'S' stand for."
    "S."
    "Come on, what is it [i]really[/i]."
    "[b]S. ![/b]"

I think you should air Tom's foolishness here, in public, for all to see. He'll thank you for it later, really. :cool:

[COLOR=skyblue]A2597:[/COLOR]
    I'm glad you liked it. :) Unfortunately, our customer was not amused when I put that in the bug report as a "resolution". (It had been a long couple of months)
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    Oh hey, that reminds me. How are the Jedi doing? Last we heard was a couple of years ago when there were still only the twins. :) Is the conditioning progressing smoothly?
  • The twins are in pre-school (they're 3.5 yrs. old). They are very different, even more that I expected from fraternal vs. identical twins.
    The toddler is 17 months old. She's way ahead of where the twins were: she thinks she's as big as they are... and expects to be able to do everything that they do. :rolleyes: They are all very compeditive with each other, but they stick together when other kids are around, so I'm not worried about that (anymore).

So I guess the short answer is "great". :)

Fatherhood is very challenging and having a family changes everything. It has great rewards (many of them emotional and instinctive), but it isn't for everyone. You may like it, you may not; you may want to have kids, you may not. All of that is okay and is a personal decision, but never allow yourself to think that you can have children yet keep everything else nearly the same. That is simply incorrect. The changes between being married and single are great, but they are almost nothing compared to the change from not having kids to having kids. :shadow1: