Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Farscape fans create TV ad to promote miniseries, will be shown on Cartoon Network!

After the fan based campaign to save the sci-fi TV series Farscape suceeded in getting a miniseries made, a new effort has been made to boost the ratings for the miniseries in order to ensure that there will be more Farscape in the future.

One aspect of this effort has been a TV ad campaign. The following TV ad, designed to promote Farscape: The Peacekeeper Wars, will be shown on the Cartoon Network during Adult Swim, and will also be shown on the FX tv channel. The ad time was purchased with money from donation by fans. The web based version of the ad is below.

[url]http://www.watchfarscape.com/tv/farscape-boymeetsgirl-web.mov[/url]

I thought it was a particularly clever way of getting around the fact that a fan made ad can't use actual images from the show.:D

Comments

• BekennBekenn Sinclair's Duck
    Wow... nice ad!
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    that's just perfect. :D

Ten days, right? Nine?
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sanfam [/i]
    [B]that's just perfect. :D

Ten days, right? Nine? [/B][/QUOTE]
    Ten days.
  • good ad. But never liked Farscape.

Nice special effects, but thats about all it had going for it IMHO.

*Donns flame suit and exits thread*
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    Reminds me of the short-lived attempt by us to provide advertising for ITF just before the cancellation, and the "We are not Homeworld" t-shirt ideas the devs were having.
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Biggles [/i]
    [B]Reminds me of the short-lived attempt by us to provide advertising for ITF just before the cancellation, and the "We are not Homeworld" t-shirt ideas the devs were having. [/B][/QUOTE]
    I think the basic advantage in Farscape's case is that there were simply more people upset about the cancellation and wanting to bring back the show. There were only so many people even aware of B5: ITF, since it was a computer game that had not even come out with a downloaded demo when it was cancelled. By contrast, alot of people cared when a Sci-fi show that had been going on for several years ended on a huge cliffhanger. Along with a general save the show from cancellation campaign, Farscape fans could also focus on tangible goals, such as efforts to boost rating for the remaining episodes that hadn't aired when the cancellation of the show was announced. I'm really hopeful that the fan campaign is going to have a significant impact on the miniseries when it starts on October 17th, and this is going to lead to more Farscape in the future.
  • Vertigo1Vertigo1 Official Fuzzy Dice of FirstOnes.com
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by A2597 [/i]
    [B]good ad. But never liked Farscape.

Nice special effects, but thats about all it had going for it IMHO.

*Donns flame suit and exits thread* [/B][/QUOTE]

You obviously haven't watched seasons 2 and 3....
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Vertigo1 [/i]
    [B]You obviously haven't watched seasons 2 and 3.... [/B][/QUOTE]

or 1...
    or 4...
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    I was kinda ambivalent about season 1 and the first 2/3 of 2. The rest up to the end of 3 is great. I have yet to see season 4.
    Dude, get cracking! :D

It's almost time...