Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Sci-Fi Parody movie!!!

Any Sci-fi fan has to check this out...

[url]http://www.starwreck.com/thetrailer.php[/url]

I almost feel off my seat as I thought it was only a Star trek parody...Look greats I already pre-ordered mine:)

Comments

• HuntSmackerHuntSmacker Firstones Ambassador to Starcraftia
    Been following this for a few years, can't wait :)
  • BekennBekenn Sinclair's Duck
    Agreed!
  • PhiPhi <font color=#FF0000>C</font><font color=#FF9900>o</font><font color=#FFFF00>l</font><font color=#00F
    Don't get me started on FanFilms... ;)

If you're interested in good quality Star Wars, Batman, Matrix, and a few other movie FanFilms, go visit [url]http://fanfilms.com.[/url]

[url]http://das-entertainment.com[/url] has a few too, by Worf and I :)

• Vertigo1Vertigo1 Official Fuzzy Dice of FirstOnes.com
    TIE-Tanic. :)
  • :indygrin: haha great stuff but where the hell did they get the rights to do that? Longest trailer ever that must have been 1/5 of the movie. Too bad its not in English but no biggy.
  • FreejackFreejack Jake the Not-so-Wise
    They don't need the rights, they're in Russia...

Jake
  • Actually I believe there are in Finland.

But that is still a good question if they plan on selling the DVDs overseas.

Are the actually ships trademarked?
    In many cases, copyright laws make room for parodies. That said, the SW crew plans to move to completely self-designed ships in the future.

I also find it difficult to believe that Paramount/etc aren't aware of Star Wreck. The fact that they haven't been shut down probably implies tacit consent.
  • PhiPhi <font color=#FF0000>C</font><font color=#FF9900>o</font><font color=#FFFF00>l</font><font color=#00F
    Wait...they're selling DVD's? That's not good...

As far as I know, the only 'legit' way (as far as fanfilms are legit...) to get DVD's of fanfilms is if you mail the creator a blank DVD. No money is allowed to change hands. None.

That's not true; you're allowed to pay the creators for the blank DVDs. Basically, so long as no money is made on the film itself, it's fine.
  • Well I guess for now they are under the radar but eventually somebody amongst the higher ups will pick up on it...I predict a class action lawsuit.
  • Well you will be able to download the movie too.

But atleast I'm ordering the DVD. Damn superb stuff!
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    Damn. I'd better order the DVD right quick then, just in case. :)
  • Vertigo1Vertigo1 Official Fuzzy Dice of FirstOnes.com
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Bekenn [/i]
    [B]In many cases, copyright laws make room for parodies. That said, the SW crew plans to move to completely self-designed ships in the future.

I also find it difficult to believe that Paramount/etc aren't aware of Star Wreck. The fact that they haven't been shut down probably implies tacit consent. [/B][/QUOTE]

Its not Paramount they should be worried about, its Viacom. Viacom went on a rampage shutting down any Star Trek fansite for no good reason at all years ago.
  • MundaneMundane Elite Ranger
    Some people here are too pessimistic, beginning to talk abut legal issues. I am 100% sure that they know what they are doing, the movie has ater all been in production for some time, and before there were Star Wreck 1,2,3,4 and 5..
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Mundane [/i]
    [B]Some people here are too pessimistic, beginning to talk abut legal issues. I am 100% sure that they know what they are doing, the movie has ater all been in production for some time, and before there were Star Wreck 1,2,3,4 and 5.. [/B][/QUOTE]

And don't forget Star Wreck 4½ :D
  • MundaneMundane Elite Ranger
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by El-Diablo [/i]
    [B]And don't forget Star Wreck 4½ :D [/B][/QUOTE]

Sorry, forgot that one :)

FUUUUUUUUKOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOV

(oh, and is there any difference between B5: IFH and Star Wreck when it comes to the use of B5 models and similar legal wise?)
    Not entirely sure; one's a parody, the other isn't. I know parodies are generally allowed more leeway, but I don't know how that applies to models.
    [URL=http://www.gaters.net/showthread.php?t=7793]Why fanfilm makers should indeed be worried about legal issues[/URL]

• B5CB5C Moderator
    Im sorry but Galaxy Quest was a better satire! :p
    Ahh, but Galaxy Quest had a budget ;)

Oh, and about my link above. MGM went after them because they were selling DVD's.

• C_MonC_Mon A Genuine Sucker
    Oh well, I posted that link Phi gave on the starwreck forum just in case.
    They're more parody than that Stargate fanfilm that got shut down, which is good at least. I hope they're in the clear :) I love Star Wreck.