Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Wooohooo!!!1 B5 B5 Update from JMS Chech the newspage

2»

Comments

• SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by A2597 [/i]
    [B]Err...StarGate?...Enterprise? [/B][/QUOTE]

I don't think enterprise is a great example there, A... ;)
  • MundaneMundane Elite Ranger
    Enterprise is actually quite good this season I think
  • RubberEagleRubberEagle What's a rubber eagle used for, anyway?
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Mundane [/i]
    [B]Enterprise is actually quite good this season I think [/B][/QUOTE]
    If they would just stop doing the standard trek episodes like "Similitude"...
  • JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Rick [/i]
    [B]He meant the SciFi Channel, A :)

-R. [/B][/QUOTE]

yes... I did... ;)

Overall the channel is not what it used to be....

Sadness...

:(
  • Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    I think this is a sign of the overall weakness in sci fi on tv these days. Over here in the UK the best we have is Stargate (which is cool) and Enterprise (which has been pretty weak to be honest). Buffy is in its last season and the latest season of Angel won't be here for a bit. After that we have Andromeda which is just a waste of space (no pun, honest!). So we're seriously lacking new and fresh sci fi. So thinking about it a B5-like show could easily step in and fill the vacumn (again, seriously no pun!!) ;) :D
  • Vertigo1Vertigo1 Official Fuzzy Dice of FirstOnes.com
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by JackN [/i]
    [B]yes... I did... ;)

Overall the channel is not what it used to be....

Sadness...

:( [/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah, ever since they shitcanned Farscape, I haven't had much motivation to watch...other than the new eps of SG-1 coming in January. I already have upto season 4 of SG-1 on DVD, and most of Farscape on DVD (half of season 1, all of season 2, and all but one volume of season 3). As soon as the Farscape mini-series finishes out, Scifi can burn as far as I'm concerned. :mad:
  • I sure hope it's Babylon 5: Into the Fire. It's just a matter of time, after all. :)

I hope it is not some sort of new series related to Babylon 5, as there is no way it will be of the quality
    level of Babylon 5. That's already been shown with Crusade and legend...
  • samuelksamuelk The Unstoppable Mr. 'K'
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Dunedain [/i]
    [B]I sure hope it's Babylon 5: Into the Fire. It's just a matter of time, after all. :)[/B][/QUOTE]

It's not that. That's a guarantee.
  • Entil'ZhaEntil'Zha I see famous people
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by samuelk [/i]
    [B]It's not that. That's a guarantee. [/B][/QUOTE]

Babylon 5 : Into the Water???
  • shadow boxershadow boxer The Finger Painter & Master Ranter
    my bet is a big JMS rubber stamp for a project we all already know of
    [B]I sure hope it's Babylon 5: Into the Fire. It's just a matter of time, after all. :)[/B][/QUOTE]

Hope springs eternal, but the answer is still no way.. Jose'...

All that's left of that project is memories in a land fill somewhere... that and the secret copies of various items that no-one admits to having... :p
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    All I know is that one of the people here knows what one of the projects is ;)
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    They do?
  • BekennBekenn Sinclair's Duck
    Oh, Falcon, where are you?
    Me?? :confused: Nah I know nothing this time round. Last time I think JMS hinted it was that role playing B5 game that was released... can't remember the name of it or who released it now. Well I am assuming that was it, as he did say there was going to be an announcement in July of last year which came and went... I did email him to ask what the story was (to confirm whether that role playing game was the release he hinted at) but didn't get a reply so I didn't push it.

Some how I doubt what JMS hinted at back in July of last year is the same project that he's hinting at the moment.
  • So, after all the speculation, what's the latest we know about this new secret project? :)

Even though this particular project didn't concern it, I still think Babylon 5: Into the Fire
    will be made. We already have the video, the story, the general game design ideas, we just
    need the 3D graphics redone and the game to actually be fully made and, of course,
    the rights to the game to be secured and we're ready to go! :)

There's no point in Sierra letting it sit there when they could get paid for the rights. :)
  • David of MacDavid of Mac Elite Ranger Ca
    Aside from the sad but likely prospect that its been lost in storage. Babylon 5 seems to have a curse in regards to that.
  • shadow boxershadow boxer The Finger Painter & Master Ranter
    ITF is dead,
    its had several autopsies,
    been frankensteined,
    its corpse has been danced with more times than I can remember...

its gone...

let it go.

~~~~~~~~~

lets see how the new B5 project goes, then perhaps a phoenix will arise from the ashes...
  • MundaneMundane Elite Ranger
    Arghhhhhh

why did anyone have to resurrect this thread..I got big hopes when reading the title..
    [B]I still think Babylon 5: Into the Fire
    will be made. [/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's called B5:IFH now... ;)
  • RubberEagleRubberEagle What's a rubber eagle used for, anyway?
    Could We [SIZE=20][b][color=red]PLEASE[/color][/b][/SIZE] get some kind of Forum rule that forbids reviving old Threads? This is driving me nuts... this is at least the second old thread that's been dug up lately...
    Oh the memories :D
    Next person that bumps up an old thread gets five minutes locked in a room full of angry narns armed with the [url=http://bbs.stardestroyer.net/viewtopic.php?t=54376]Paddle of Doom![/url]
  • Random ChaosRandom Chaos Actually Carefully-selected Order in disguise
    *points Narns toward Rubber Eagle*

Him...Not me!
  • But it is so much Ffffun...

Reviving old threads...even if the what was planned and talked about is dead (ie a MUST HAVE game or game-mod)...

Reviving old threads...can make you feel better...

Regarding the Paddle of Doom...BRING IT ON...ill just drag in Night Watch, and let the Narns beat them into itty bitty pieces.

EDIT: what was said bout Sierra letting ITF sit and collect dust...the inconsiderate bastards...
    Lets all Boycott Sierra and keelhaul the lot of them...

Also..if Sierra didnt abandon Reilc in HW2...there prob would not be a B5 mod in the making (hope its going well) for that game...
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Nastrandir [/i]
    [B]But it is so much Ffffun...

Reviving old threads...even if the what was planned and talked about is dead (ie a MUST HAVE game or game-mod)...

Reviving old threads...can make you feel better...[/b][/quote]

And it'll also get you banned on the spot on alot of boards across the net.... Does the expression "Beating a dead horse" ring a bell?

[quote][b]Regarding the Paddle of Doom...BRING IT ON...ill just drag in Night Watch, and let the Narns beat them into itty bitty pieces.[/B][/QUOTE]

Night Watch wouldn't even be able to withstand the first setting let alone the beams of enlightenment. I'm coming for you sonny jim! Maybe not today, but always tomorrow. Right when you least expect it! BOOM! ;)