Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Nexus: Jupiter Incident

Has anyone checked out this game and the possibilities for a B5 mod?

Comments

• croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    No I have not but I like what I see. If you could hook me up with more information and maybe throw a demo my way I'll see if I want the game for christmas!
  • RhettRhett (Not even a monkey)
    Yea same here, Ive heard about it but never heard if the demo ever got released (Gone Gold died and I lost my source of info on games)..
  • It's not being released in North America until Feb. But it's being playing in Europe. I've been playing it for a while (imported it ;) ) and it looks really good. The gameplay can be slow at times but over all its what all space gamers been waiting for. Not necessarily a space sim or cockpit fighter but its more tactical based. While playing I can really picture my ship being Omega class or better. Not too sure of the modding possibilities but if there are I think the B5 community can do great things with this game.

[url]http://www.nexusthegame.com/[/url]
  • Mr. FuryMr. Fury Earthforce Officer
    The game is great, I have nearly finished it (in final mission now). Modding it should be relatively easy as there is as some of the SDK is included with the game and full SDK will be released at later time.

I'd love to manage my own EA fleet. :)
  • BekennBekenn Sinclair's Duck
    Hey, wow, that looks kinda neat.
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    i think i might have to get that.......after my exams tho:(
    Looking forward to it coming out in the US...
  • NovaCameronNovaCameron Earthforce Officer
    Hmmm only ten or a dozen ships? Could probably get around that unless it's hard-coded. With 90% probablity that it is...
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    well, they're really big, you know :D
    More ships the better.:shadow1: :D
    Which is fine by me, but i think the interface *may* have trouble physically fitting any more ships.
    *shugs* it's worth a try.
  • Don't see it mentioned here, so thought I would say...on the Nexus main page there are news posts citing the upload of single- and multi-player demos on 24 September and 22 October

...too bad I don't get DSL until January...maybe I can leech off my brother's high-speed while I'm home over break
    Might have to go take a look at the single player demo, see if its right for me... Anyone remember Paraworlds? now that was a project that I would love (B5 in a turnbased hybrid game, where you would control stuff ala MOO but then zoom in to play through the individual battles much like an RTS (without the building, ect). Too bad that never happened...
    meh, forget the past! move on to newer and better games! :D :D

:shadow1:...and let those who study the past rule the world... :shadow1:
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by NovaCameron [/i]
    [B]meh, forget the past! move on to newer and better games! :D :D

:shadow1:...and let those who study the past rule the world... :shadow1: [/B][/QUOTE]

Haha oh no, see this game has never been done. I still want to see it done damnit! :D
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ShadowDancer [/i]
    [B]i think i might have to get that.......after my exams tho:( [/B][/QUOTE]

sod it! why wait! been playing it for a couple of days now, and i can honestly say that if we can do a TC on it it would rock!

it comes with some basic modding packages, including a model and texture converter. the model importer handles lightwave as well:)

unfortunatly i havent a clue about this sorta thing, but i might have a little play with it and see how badly i can screw it up;)
  • JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ShadowDancer [/i]
    [B]sod it! why wait! been playing it for a couple of days now, and i can honestly say that if we can do a TC on it it would rock!

it comes with some basic modding packages, including a model and texture converter. the model importer handles lightwave as well:) [/B][/QUOTE]

You know what version (5.x, 7.x etc...) of Lightwave stuff it can handle?

Might be fun to plugs some stuff of your own in...

:)
    I've heard rumblings that it includes a "modders manual." Any truth to that?

Even without, it's still just demanding mods. the developers added everything they could to make this an easy job.
    yup ain't it great?:D now i need to get the game..;)
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sanfam [/i]
    [B]I've heard rumblings that it includes a "modders manual." Any truth to that?

Even without, it's still just demanding mods. the developers added everything they could to make this an easy job. [/B][/QUOTE]

Demands a B5 mod, thats what it sounds like to me :D
  • StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    I ordered it and should be getting it soon. :D

It's on sale at [url]www.play.com[/url] for 10 pounds. I think there's no excuse left now not to get it.
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sanfam [/i]
    [B]I've heard rumblings that it includes a "modders manual." Any truth to that?

Even without, it's still just demanding mods. the developers added everything they could to make this an easy job. [/B][/QUOTE]

yeah there is a modder's manuel. doesnt mean that much to me tho. it probably did say what version of lightwave it can handle, but i cant remember and i left my copy of the game in my flat over christmas.
  • There's an evil word in the bottom right corner of the box though!

Looks like it's got potential though - will try it out.
  • StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Hazard [/i]
    [B]There's an evil word in the bottom right corner of the box though!

Looks like it's got potential though - will try it out. [/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's published by Sierra. I did shudder a bit because of that when I got my copy today. I think they do deserve some slack now since the release of Nexus. Not sure I'll forgive them completely though, the wounds are still not healed. I installed it and it runs great on my 2-year old system. The graphics are sweet even without a Pixel-Shader enabled graphics card.

I played through the first couple of missions and the interface is actually easy to get used to and isn't as daunting as it could be considering the size of the capital ships. The stiletto-class ship you have at the beginning has a rotating section which reminds you very strongly of that of an Omega. :)

I haven't looked in the mod-ability yet, but this game is crying out for a B5 mod.
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Hazard [/i]
    [B]There's an evil word in the bottom right corner of the box though!

Looks like it's got potential though - will try it out. [/B][/QUOTE]

Uck!
    Its been a long time... long enough to let that little vendetta go- everyone from that age is gone, that sierra is for all extent and purposes gone.
  • to everyone to make it clear... i think there is 2 B5 mods in develop... One by me and my team and another by jusas and his team... link to website of my mode is [url]http://nexusb5.wz.cz/news.html[/url]
    Welcome to the forums! Jusas, as in the one who was working on paraworlds? Havent heard from him in a longgg time. Good luck with your project!
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Baldur [/i]
    [B]to everyone to make it clear... i think there is 2 B5 mods in develop... One by me and my team and another by jusas and his team... link to website of my mode is [url]http://nexusb5.wz.cz/news.html[/url] [/B][/QUOTE]

We can offer you hosting for your project here, if you want.