Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Cab driver - 1, Idiot pretending to be Bin Laden - 0

Vertigo1Vertigo1 Official Fuzzy Dice of FirstOnes.com
[url]http://cnn.aimtoday.cnn.com/news/story.jsp?idq=/ff/story/0001%2F20041214%2F1503620390.htm&sc=1120[/url]

[quote]Taxi Driver Shoots Man in Bin Laden Mask

SAN JOSE, Costa Rica (AP) - Osama bin Laden take note: You wouldn't be safe in Costa Rica. A startled taxi driver shot and wounded a jokester wearing a plastic mask of the al-Qaida leader, police said Tuesday.

Leonel Arias, 47, told police he was playing a practical joke by donning the Bin Laden mask, toting his pellet rifle and jumping out to scare drivers on a narrow street in his hometown, Carrizal de Alajuela, about 20 miles north of San Jose.

Arias had startled several drivers that way on Monday afternoon. But when he jumped out in front of taxi driver Juan Pablo Sandoval, the motorist reached for a gun and shot him twice in the stomach. He was hospitalized in stable condition.

``For me and I think for anybody else at a time like that one thinks the worst and so I fired my gun,'' Sandoval told Channel 7 television.

Police declined to detain Sandoval, saying he had believed he was acting in self-defense.[/quote]

Idiot is lucky the guy didn't have an SMG instead of a pistol.

"Gee, I think I'll dress up like a known terrorist and scare the shit out of cab drivers..."
*dons Bin Laden costume, and jumps into a cab with a pellet gun*
*gets blown in half by a P-90 with hollowpoint rounds*

Pity the damn moron didn't get his nuts blown off. Someone that damn stupid shouldn't be allowed to live let alone breed.

Comments

• E.TE.T Quote-o-matic
    Re: Cab driver - 1, Idiot pretending to be Bin Laden - 0

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Vertigo1 [/i]
    [B]...
    *gets blown in half by a P-90 with hollowpoint rounds*
    ...[/B][/QUOTE]
    Actually P90 uses pretty much only armor piercing rounds. (5.7x28mm)

HK UMP chambered for .45 ACP would fit much better for hollow point rounds. :D

"Never underestimate the power of human stupidity."
    -Robert Heinlein
    I think that hits the point!
  • Reaver4kReaver4k Trainee in training
    What if he had a FN Five seveN? The use the same rounds as a P-90 I believe.
  • RhettRhett (Not even a monkey)
    This guy should get a Darwin award...
  • An ex-SquidAn ex-Squid Elite Ranger
    Amen to that...:rolleyes:
  • LMAO... its too bad that the cabbie didnt have a shot gun or somthing... total and utter destruction is in order.. some one like that just shouldent live
  • MundaneMundane Elite Ranger
    The Cab driver should definetively get a Darwin award too.
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Mundane [/i]
    [B]The Cab driver should definetively get a Darwin award too. [/B][/QUOTE]

Eh, if some dumbass is running around with a BB gun (some of them can look very much like a real rifle, like a .22) and a bin laden mask then I dont see how the cabbie was wrong here, or stupid.
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    LMAO!!! how stupid can you get? he deserves everything he got:rolleyes:
  • MTMT Ranger
    As a newspaper editor, I'd just like to point out that the article has an awesome lead.
  • RickRick Sector 14 Studios
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Reaver4k [/i]
    [B]What if he had a FN Five seveN? The use the same rounds as a P-90 I believe. [/B][/QUOTE]
    Yes, the FN P90 and the Five seveN both use the 5.7x28mm small-bore round.

It is available in AP, Tracer, Sub-sonic, and duty/training rounds. The AP round has an insane muzzle velocity of 2133fps (650m/s) in the Five-seveN, and 2346 fps (715m/s) in the P90.

The 5.7x28mm round is particularly devistating due to it's ballistic design. Unlike other rounds, which mushroom or pierce through the target, the 5.7 is designed to "tumble" once it enters a target.

So, the AP rounds out of a '90 or 57 may actually be more devastating than a UMP with .45 HPRs

I've been looking at the Five-seveN for a while, which is why I have an almost freakish knowledge about it. Sweet looking gun. As Reaver said, it is the chambered companion to the p90.

Personally, I like the FNC better, though ;)

Ah, Raven Shield...

[url]http://www.fnhusa.com/contents/tw_57x28system.htm[/url]

-R.
  • Light unstable projectiles like this tend to be very easily deflected by any and all intermediary obstacles.
    I'd recommend either +p or +p+ high quality 9mm HP if you like high capacity and are willing to trade
    some power, or .45 Hydra-Shok's if you want more punch. :)
  • NovaCameronNovaCameron Earthforce Officer
    nice, I like the taxi driver. :D

:shadow1:
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by NovaCameron [/i]
    [B]nice, I like the taxi driver. :D

:shadow1: [/B][/QUOTE]

Agreed :D
  • E.TE.T Quote-o-matic
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Rick [/i]
    [B]Unlike other rounds, which mushroom or pierce through the target, the 5.7 is designed to "tumble" once it enters a target.[/B][/QUOTE]Mushrooming and tumbling aim to same target, which is "distributing" kinetic energy of bullet in shortest possible time leading maximum damage to surrounding tissue.
    So kinetic energies would also have to be considered.

(after all we're not talking about targets requiring "armor" penetration)
  • An ex-SquidAn ex-Squid Elite Ranger
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by NovaCameron [/i]
    [B]nice, I like the taxi driver. :D

:shadow1: [/B][/QUOTE] Gotta love someone who tries to make Darwin's theory of evolution apply to the human race...:cool:
  • There was a guy in France not long ago that ran over someone with his car because he thought he looked like Osama. :)
  • LOL what happened to him? did he get charged?