Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Confirmation of mostly new cast for movie...

2»

Comments

• An ex-SquidAn ex-Squid Elite Ranger
    Keep in mind that TMoS is still in the "rough draft" phase; not much is set in stone yet. As rhett said, time will tell...
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by -Marty- [/i]
    [B]Jms replied today onthe casting situation:

[url]http://www.jmsnews.com/msg.aspx?id=1-17259[/url]

Decide for yourself what this means.
    I think this is all we'Re gonna hear from him on the situation for some time.

Cheers,
    Marty [/B][/QUOTE]
    I think this is extremely ominous. Really if this rumor had no merit to it, at the a minimum JMS would not have responded. The practical reality is if it was a meritless rumor JMS should be able to issue a vaguely worded statement saying that it was false and the people at Warner Brothers would at least privately appreciate JMS getting an angry fanbase of their backs. The statement by JMS that he "would like to be able to comment on this" strongly suggests that there is some truth to the rumor. If I think its time for those that have to hesitating to respond.
  • Well Im gonna say this casting call asked for Star Only* to me this means anyone who has been in a box office hit. Now I know we all consider the cast stars in our own eyes but I think for a feature film they want somebody more mainstream & noticeable.

Yeah Im writing a letter just to say I did, nothing like GET ORIGINAL CAST NOW BITCH! I've sent letters before to Nintendo, Square when I was in the boy scouts if you inquire about their history they will send you a nifty little timeline & sometimes a newsletter. Don't know if you will get that with WB but you will know that they read it if you do.
  • Entil'ZhaEntil'Zha I see famous people
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by The Cabl3 Guy [/i]
    [B]. Now I know we all consider the cast stars in our own eyes but I think for a feature film they want somebody more mainstream & noticeable.
    [/B][/QUOTE]

Hey, come on, Bruce and Peter were in features, what about TRON! :)

and and and, Andres was The One Armed Man!

and you can't get much more high class talent then Jeff Conaway, Come on, Fame? Taxi? :)
  • hi...

Hi guys,
    long long time lurker, first time poster here.

Wow, that smiley on my left is transforming!!! that rocks...

Sorry, got distracted there. Anyway, I just wanted to add my two pence into this mix, aimed mainly at all of those who are not yet convinced....

Bascially, I can't belive Warners would do something so stupid as to replace the B5 original cast, and was myself sceptical when Jan and CE first broke the news at B5tv.com's forums. It was only a week after I had heard any concrete rumors about the movie!

I was all set to tell everyone to calm down, and that it was a silly rumor, and then JMS posted his note, 'would like to comment but am not able to...'

That clinched it for me. As a B5 fan I know when bad stuff is about to go down, i've felt it before and I'm feeling it now.

Jan is well connected in B5 production circles, and has a complete collection of scripts and communicates with JMS and many other long term fans reguarly via the newsgroup. CE's knowledge of the industry has been proven to myself on many occasions over at B5TV.

So i can vouch for CE, he's a good guy. And even if you are only 40%-60% convinced, (i admit i am about 80%) you owe it to yourselves to write anyway, just to tell Warners, just in case. The possiblity of having Michael Douglas as Sherriden is just to horrible to consider...

Someone has set up a website, [url]http://www.keepb5alive.com,[/url] go here for all the info you need on writing letters, including addresses and samples. Its only 20 mins of your time and a few cents postage.

If you need more info, try [url]www.jmsnews.net,[/url] or [url]www.b5tv.com.[/url]

Firstones is a great model for affirmative fan action on the net, and I know that if we act now we can make sure that our cast that we love get to retain their roles...

Best wishes to all and thanks for reading....

Ed (darth librarian)
  • Entil'ZhaEntil'Zha I see famous people
    Re: hi...

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by darth_librarian [/i]
    [B]Firstones is a great model for affirmative fan action on the net, and I know that if we act now we can make sure that our cast that we love get to retain their roles...

Best wishes to all and thanks for reading....

Ed (darth librarian) [/B][/QUOTE]

I'm starting to think that this isnt a big WB conspiracy against B5, but just bad timing and that the actors are all off doing other projects, Lol,
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    As I said over in the other thread: [url]http://forums.firstones.com/showthread.php?postid=121531#post121531[/url]
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Akrovah [/i]
    [B]God, I hope this doesn't hint at a Galen/Diane love story thing. that just seems to me like it would be very inconsistent with what I know of Galen. [/B][/QUOTE] I hope so too, I wonder if that might just be a mention to throw us off, or to confuse the studio execs into thinking there might be the love story (which sometimes is so unnecessary that it ruins a movie)... maybe it's just something like the original pitch that B5 was like "Casablanca in Space."

As for the bad timing issues, I actually think that a flood of fan letters supporting the original cast for TMoS might make all parties more willing to work out scheduling so they can be in the movie.
  • JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
    The whole "Casablanca/Love story" angle is so outdated.

To be real these days you need a damn well written skit about a vicious divorce to be accurate...

:p
  • oh, haha.
  • If the original cast had been offered the roles and turned them down, or had never been offered roles, there would be no reason that JMS couldn't talk about that. He seemed to feel free to say that this project was not a whole bunch of things. Why would he leave out that it didn't feature the original cast, unless he didn't know that before signing the NDA?