Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Babylon 5: I've Found Her in Computer Gaming World magazine

Hey guys, the Babylon 5: I've Found Her total conversion is in the latest issue of Computer Gaming World
magazine in their article on free mods made by fans of various games!

Congratulations! :)

Comments

• RhettRhett (Not even a monkey)
    Thats awesome! Congrats to the team!
  • That is great! Congrats! :)

Let's just hope WB lawyers don't come raining down on you as a result of your new exposure. :(
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    Woo! That's an impressive achievement!
  • BekennBekenn Sinclair's Duck
    Re: Babylon 5: I've Found Her in Computer Gaming World magazine

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Dunedain [/i]
    [B]Hey guys, the Babylon 5: I've Found Her total conversion is in the latest issue of Computer Gaming World
    magazine in their article on free mods made by fans of various games![/B][/QUOTE]

Erm... "total conversion"? It better not be labelled as such in the magazine....
  • RubberEagleRubberEagle What's a rubber eagle used for, anyway?
    Well, it DOES convert your PC into a starfury cockpit...
  • The term total conversion is not used in the article, I don't think. I used it because it's accurate.

They list it under the section on "free to own" as freeware.

They also commented that it has some of the most professional looking graphics they have ever seen
    in any freeware game. :)
  • Entil'ZhaEntil'Zha I see famous people
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Biggles [/i]
    [B]Woo! That's an impressive achievement! [/B][/QUOTE] \

to steal a term from another sci fi show..

Out-Frelling-Standing!
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    Its not a total conversion tho ;) Its its own game.
  • JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
    I made a model for their upcoming work, but then got too busy to complete it. Wonder how it will look...

:)

Gongrats guys! ;)
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Dunedain [/i]
    [B]I used it because it's accurate.[/B][/QUOTE]

Well, not quite; IFH is not a total conversion. IFH was built completely from scratch rather than using some other game's engine.

You may be thinking of HomePlanet, which, in an interesting twist, [i]uses IFH's engine[/i]... not the other way around.
  • Entil'ZhaEntil'Zha I see famous people
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Bekenn [/i]
    [B]Well, not quite; IFH is not a total conversion. IFH was built completely from scratch rather than using some other game's engine.

You may be thinking of HomePlanet, which, in an interesting twist, [i]uses IFH's engine[/i]... not the other way around. [/B][/QUOTE]

I think i need to get IFH again, when i first tried it it ran like crap, or, more accurately my crappy machine ran it like crap, but i've upgraded since then, must try again..
  • RendererRenderer Earthforce Officer
    Great!
    Can some of you guys make a good scan and upload it somewhere? Thanks in advance! :)
  • That is a good game , too bad their were not too many levels. But I am not complaining.
  • Sergei SSergei S Earthforce Officer
    It would be really great if any of you guys could do a scan for us to upload it on the web-site. And thanks a lot for the news! ;)
  • I thought "I've Found Her" was a mod based on the Homeworld engine or something.

You mean they made a 3D graphics engine, physics engine, etc. from the ground up
    to make IFH? If so, that's rather impressive. :) Is the game considered complete, or are there
    more patches on the way?
    IFH is its own engine, the homeplanet game is based on the IFH engine. THis is also the predemo game, what you download now is not the actuall game.
  • RendererRenderer Earthforce Officer
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by croxis [/i]
    [B]THis is also the predemo game, what you download now is not the actuall game. [/B][/QUOTE]

Not exactly, what you download is the first complete campaign (prequel), and not a demo. We're releasing update very soon, and after that, hopefully, next campaign.
    I men prequle not pre demo. Working retail has really fried my brain
  • Alpha-1Alpha-1 Elite Ranger Germany
    whats with the scan folks ? ;)
    someone must have a scanner ;) must read this article :)
  • i'm looking forward to the next update - very good game isn't it.
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    Congrats guys. I know Youve put a lot of time into this :)
  • Now...if someone could get us a good scan of that thing... :rolleyes:
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Black Sheep [/i]
    [B]Now...if someone could get us a good scan of that thing... :rolleyes: [/B][/QUOTE]

i second that !!!
    please give us a scan :angryv: :)
  • RhettRhett (Not even a monkey)
    Agreed! Need a scan!
    A Scan ... someone... somewere... PLEASE
    Or can someone tell me the exactly name of the mag and the issiue so that i can buy it somewere:)
    Computer Gaming World; my guess would be the December issue.
  • JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
    This is all I could find:

[URL=http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_zdcgw/is_200501/ai_n7182373]January 2005[/URL]

[QUOTE]
    Babylon 5: I’ve Found Her

[URL]http://ifh.firstones.com/[/URL]

Babylon 5 has some of the most professional graphics we’ve seen in a freeware game; it looks great, and it plays smoothly. Because they employ real-world physics, the ship controls are easy to learn. The story line is detailed without being tedious, and the enemy ship A.I. is decent enough to present an actual challenge. Even for those who don’t care about the series, this title has a lot to offer.
    [/QUOTE]