Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

And now Kansas...

2»

Comments

• MTMT Ranger
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Reaver4k [/i]
    [B]I can see america going down the road of Iran [/B][/QUOTE]

Ah, the political layman speaks again. Is it because you can also see America exploiting Canada's natural resources?
  • MundaneMundane Elite Ranger
    Re: Re: Short-sighted fools!

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Morden279 [/i]
    [B]If there's trouble brewing between religion and the state, it's currently going on in France. Historians amongst us may know that one legacy of the French Revolution and the 1791 Constitution [i]was[/i] the seperation of Church and State in the country. A consequance of this segregation was not permitting religious symbols/clothing to be worn in state schools.

Now, the French Government is being under pressure from Islamac clerics to allow its female adherants to wear headscarves in school. It doesn't seem to matter that this goes against the very cornerstone of French society... :rolleyes:

This is an issue I feel quite strongly about, and I'm with the French Government all the way.

Regards,
    Morden [/B][/QUOTE]

Agree!
  • Cheers. :)

I suppose I have the advantage of neutrality when it comes to religion, being an altheist, but one thing I feel very strongly about, is religion trying to impose itself on a foreign culture; something which isn't just occuring in France.

Iran is well known for having a culture which frowns on women exposing the flesh of certain parts of their body. You don't get Christian women going over there and demanding to wear clothing that does just that, do you?

Regards,
    Morden
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    I agree.. when in Rome...
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    [URL=http://livescience.com/othernews/ap_050509_scientists_boycot.html]Scientists Boycott Hearings[/URL]
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by croxis [/i]
    [B][URL=http://livescience.com/othernews/ap_050509_scientists_boycot.html]Scientists Boycott Hearings[/URL] [/B][/QUOTE]

Would have been better if they stayed, to be honest. Gives the "Intelligent Design" proponents more ammunition and publicity to use against them.

Regards,
    Morden