Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Babylon 5 Game -Need Programmers- (mod or game)

The Babylon 5 Game from StarGame.co.uk

We at StarGame are looking for skilled programmers/designers/gaming companies etc. We want to design and sell the first major Babylon 5 game, we would like to fund the website design and general funds.

This is a voluntary job and we only other your name on the credits, but any money that is made will be put towards another Babylon 5 game or crusade.

If anyone is interested please reply to this post or send us an e-mail to the following address: [email]babylon5@stargame.co.uk[/email] or if you have any questions about StarGame please use this address: [email]contactus@stargame.co.uk[/email]

We already have a website design company working for us called Jlucas Designs and another one might be as well soon.

Thank you for reading

Regards

The StarGame & Babylon 5 Team

Comments

• Wait, wait...you want to sell a game and you don't pay the staff for it?
  • Mr. FuryMr. Fury Earthforce Officer
    More importantly, do they have the license to sell a commercial game?
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    If you try and sell a B5 game without a license, you will get mauled by WB.
  • StarGameStarGame Trainee
    We will be working on the game first before any selling will be done. The licence will only be given if the game is good, if not then the game will be free given out.

We only want to give Babylon 5 Fans the best game they can play and mod them selves. We are still thinking of building a mod not a full game, but this will be decided soon..

We at StarGame & The Babylon 5 Team also do not get paid, we also get help from JLucas Designs for free.

We just need some more help.

If the full game project does not work, then a mod for 'Star Trek: BOTF: will be made.
  • Hey...how far is all that stuff? The way, you talk about it, indicates, that it is more like a concept yet...

Apart from that...do you think, that anyone will join your team, if you say, they had to work for free, although money is made?
  • DarkbladeDarkblade Earthforce Officer
    Second question: Who gets the money if you succeed in all your plans? Your so-called "company"?

This all sounds like a big bad fraud. You expect to earn some money with hard work of others who don't get paid. Why don't you hire more staff if you need help? They would be more motivated compared to people who would work for free.
  • The Cabl3 GuyThe Cabl3 Guy Elite Ranger
    Umm yeah...

Star Trek Birth of the Federation is ancient...I really wouldn't want a mod for that particular game there are quite a few flaws that were never corrected & made the game really annoying. Besides how many people really have the game (other than me)
    Listen here all of you.. I have put alot of money towards StarGame, StarGame costs over £150 GB Pounds (In dollars around $300) a year this is out of my own money, I have to work two jobs to earn my money.

I only wanted to give something out to the Babylon 5 Fans... I love Babylon 5, I have all the DVD's/all the videos/books/board games/cards/action figures/ and more, I have downloads of every mod every full game for Babylon 5, I went on eBay just to get Freespace 1+2 just for the Babylon 5 mod for it. I do not care about the money that MIGHT be raised from it and that’s an IF.

I would like all of you to be apart of it. Wouldn’t it be great to see a Babylon 5 Game out there in the stores or on the internet to download. FREE OR NOT I would like to try...... With or without your help. I have a few members on the team, most graphic designers/artists.

And by the way the reason I looked at the idea for a mod for BOTF is because it would make a great Babylon 5 games, people who are real fans will understand. If you have watched then you will see that BOTF is the same lay out the same as the Babylon 5 Universe.

Please. Give it a chance. If any money is made, it will go to you not me. I am doing this for free.
    .... And by the way 'Darkblade' love your mod for FreeSpace 2. really good.
  • Woah...300 dollars...dude, that's not much compared to others...or even me... :D

And TBP is not Darkblade's mod alone...he ain't even the project leader :D
    I know that. He is the first team member of FreeSpace 2 mod i have seen so i just wanted to say well done... got a prob with that....??

300 dollars is alot when you own 3 sites and bills to pay. Just because not every one can have an easy life as you with money to spend..... Its hard for some people.. OK
  • Nope, in fact, I am the first team member of TBP you saw here ... and right after that the project leader :D

Dude, all I wanted to say is...that almost everybody here spent money for the game mods. It is nothing special. Mr. Fury pays sites for himself, Darkblade spents hundreds of bucks for mics and other recording stuffs, I'm getting music equipment and so on.

And please, do some more research before you post anything. The things, you've said right at the beginning gives most of us the impression, that you don't have a clue of what you are talking about.

a) you want to make a commercial game and want to sell it, which involves money...in the same line you say, that you can't pay...

b) you can never proof, that you ain't going for that money...hey, man, it is about MONEY...and unless you are a millionaire, nobody will trust you on that...

c) the intention to use an outdated engine ain't exactly the best start point to get an official licence.

d) I suggest you keep your insultments for yourself, you don't know me and have no right to tell, if I have an easy life or not...
    I respect that... Sorry I did not mean anything by that. Its just I have gone through alot of payment and other stuff to get my self where I am. I am a website designer not a game programmer, I have done stuff for games here and there worked on some stuff for Nexus game and others for nothing. and yes I would like to get some money from it but I just want a game that I can be proud off you know....

Cheers for the advise but I think if no one here will give us a hand then we will do it alone... cheers.
    To let people know, because this Babylon 5 game is not getting any interest the StarGame website might now end..

Thanks for your comment anyway...

The StarGame Team.
    Hey let's chill down here, shall we?

From the comments we can see in this thread that this mod/game project did not have very convincing start, but let's forget that for now. If you have experience in any of respective areas in making a game, can you please consider joining either I've Found Her freeware game or any of the current Babylon 5 modding projects out there? Usually projects like this die a slow and painful death, only a few really manage to pull if off and exist over years.

If you have the experience and knowledge, join existing project. You'll gain even more experience and knowledge, more importantly what is truly required to run a project in proportions of such as I've Found Her and The Babylon Project.
    I would be honored to help in any way i can, but i am just a website designer. (graphic designer). i do not think any of those projects needs my help....
    In fact I've been looking for a webdesigner good many months now. If you're skilled and know your turf, check our current homepage (see signature) and if you think you can make better, contact me and show me your work.
    THANKS
    well please go to this address for my temp portfolio site [URL=http://www.jlucas.co.uk]www.jlucas.co.uk[/URL]
    Unfortunately I see only a blank page. Nevertheless, I don't usually check FO forums that often. When you can show me something that can possibly convince me to take you aboard, can you please contact me via email, click the profile button and then email link.

Thank you.
  • Site ain't working :(
    that is strange it should work... i was just on it
    try now........................

it should work if not copy and paste this address

[url]www.jlucas.co.uk[/url]
    So your J Lucas?
    that i am, i am also the main partner of StarGame it is mainly owned by myself.
    Re: Babylon 5 Game -Need Programmers- (mod or game)

Edit: Please, no flaming.
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by StarGame [/i]
    [B]And by the way the reason I looked at the idea for a mod for BOTF is because it would make a great Babylon 5 games, people who are real fans will understand. If you have watched then you will see that BOTF is the same lay out the same as the Babylon 5 Universe.

Please. Give it a chance. If any money is made, it will go to you not me. I am doing this for free. [/B][/QUOTE]

YES! I'm a huge fan of BOTF, playing it as often as twice a week. It's a wonderfully acddictive little system that's just sometimes too tedious for its own good, but that's all part of its incredible charm. Oh my mighty Ferengi Alliance, how I love thee...

However...I still suggest you investigate the legalities of even considering selling a game. What you're likely to find is that WB *will* crush you like a playground bully and will repeatedly stomp on your lunchbox ;) But don't take this as criticism. I love the idea of another mod, or even better a fresh game. And if by any chance you need some space...I'd be willing to offer some up :D
  • JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
    Did somebody say something about 40 carts being put in front of 1 horse???

:p :D

wow!
    About your site StarGame. Flash is flashy and neat but it comes at cost of more bandwidth usage and usability, not really what we're looking for. As for the regular html version, unfortunately it is not enough to convince me.

Let me suggest this, design a template for TBP homepage, no content needed except for example texts to show the fonts you chose to use. If you are interested, please email me once you're finished. You can use html/php and css if you want. Thank you.
  • Roi DantonRoi Danton Moderator
    At least you got much attention here. ;)
    Unfortunately the links to your portfolio don't work in the flash animation. Is Martin Lucas your brother?
    Btw, you needn't to reply to the email anymore, now. :)