Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Spontaneous hilarity at World of Warcraft

This happened a while ago. Bunch of my friends were teamed up for the Uldaman dungeon quest. We had 2 paladins, 1 hunter, and 1 mage. Unfortunately the boss kicked our butts. I was playing one of the paladins, and I was complaining afterwards that I got killed so fast I never even had time to cast Divine Protection, DP as I called it. To put in context, the spell has a 10-minute recharge speed. I've noticed sometimes the game will hit you with that penalty even if you didn't cast the spell in time before dying. The following convo ensued:

Merlose (Me): At least the game didn't penalize me for the BoP
Aaragorn: BoP?
Merlose: DP rather, divine pro
Aaragorn: Double Penetration?
Nyssa: rofl
Arakis: lol
Nyssa: If i'd been drinking when you said that my monitor would be wet

(Aside: Yes my character is female. I wasn't about to be undone here, hence my in-character reply)
Merlose: Wait.. who told.. you.. I have no idea what you're talking about.
Aaragorn: Merl what Order of Paladins are you with??
Aaragorn: *small voice* can I join?
Arakis: hehe
Merlose: Uh.. the Make Love not War Order??

Yes we're a gutter-minded bunch :D :D :D Too bad I didn't think to take a screencap of that chat. Here's a not-so-great shot of [url=http://www.archonshaven.com/showpic.asp?cliffkill.JPG]Merlose[/url] in action.

Comments

• GUILD WARS! :nervous:
  • Lord RefaLord Refa Creepy, but in a good way
    The thing I find more hilarious is someone actually using the nick "Aaragorn"
  • C_MonC_Mon A Genuine Sucker
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by the_exile [/i]
    [B]GUILD WARS! :nervous: [/B][/QUOTE]
    indeed!
  • NorlionNorlion Earthforce Officer
    World of Warcraft!!!!!!!!

A party of four seems a bit small. When I go cavern crawling there are 6 or 7. Still it does depend on level of part members and creatures.
  • final boss in uldaman can be a proper pain in the bum :rolleyes:

then again, wait until you go against [URL=http://strvang.ath.cx/~andi/temp/images/onyxia.jpg]this little thing here[/URL] :nervous:
  • The Cabl3 GuyThe Cabl3 Guy Elite Ranger
    well at least you level limit isn't 20.

What server are you guys on in the WOW/.
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by The Cabl3 Guy [/i]
    [B]well at least you level limit isn't 20.[/B][/QUOTE]Guild Wars is no way comparable to WoW. IN GW, levels don't necessarily equate to power as they do in a typical MMOG. :mad:
  • as for which server i am on, keep in mind that with the american version you can only play on US server and with the european version only on euro servers (though blizzard keeps stating that "soon you will be able to play on any realm")

anyway, for me it's the european english speaking server Emerald Dream (preferably being called "emerald nightmare" because of a ton of server issues each week)

i'm not hard to find.. look for a nutty warlock with a pimp hat :D
  • One more post and I shall own a majority stock in this thread, and use my voting power to change it to a GW thread. :D

I have to admit one thing, though: the ability to jump is a pretty freaking cool addition to an MMOG. The one thing I really don't like about GW is the lack of interaction with the environment, in the sense that you often can't climb hills that you should clearly be able to, or jump off two-foot ledges. I HATE having to fight three more mobs just to get to a stupid chest that's only going to contain 100 gold, when I should be able to walk right over to it.
    I actually thought about buying WoW, but then again I get bored of farming. I farmed way too much in GW already, and with Anet removing the best farmspots it's geting annoying.
    I'm on Shadow Council.

That Dragon was sooooooo cool. I want one.

Ethogtil: 25th level Troll Shaman
    Norlion: 9th level Human Mage
  • The Cabl3 GuyThe Cabl3 Guy Elite Ranger
    Guild Wars is all instanced I dont like that.

I like the feeling of knowing that some asshole orc can try to kill me & vice versa.
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by C_Mon [/i]
    [B]I actually thought about buying WoW, but then again I get bored of farming. I farmed way too much in GW already, and with Anet removing the best farmspots it's geting annoying. [/B][/QUOTE]

until you get to the stage of farming (once you hit level 60 and finished all major quests) your average person will need a few months (hardcore gamers can level to 60 in 3 weeks but if you want to explore the world and enjoy it prepare for 2 months)

i can only farm a few things in world of warcraft. the class specific set items are somehow farmable (most end raid bosses each drop a set piece.. there are 8 different sets so the chance that yours drop is 1/8th and then you have to roll against other members in the party that are of the same class you are), then you have to farm certain herbs or other parts for potions or tailoring patterns.

what you can't farm is any of the other real good stuff. tier 2 or tier 3 epic set items only drop in places that are a challenge everytime you go there - like Molten Core (the place where 40 people struggle against 1 monster... accidentally fighting 2 down there is a guaranteed wipe)

the game is pretty fun because depending on who you play with you tend to have different tactics and now with the battlegrounds out you can even play "capture the flag" in a 10vs10 match alliance vs horde. pretty fun and quite some difference from farming :D

edit: that dragon is actually the easiest of the 3 major major bosses in WoW.. we only got her down to 53% on the first day, next try is saturday..
    Ah crap, didn't mean farm. I meant grind. The problem in GW with them removing farm spots is that it's harder to unlock runes and weapon upgrades for PvP. Because of that, you have to do boring missions you've done atleast 10 times over and over again.
  • Also, I like bragging about the lack of a monthly fee, and then going out and buying a $30 expansion every three months. :D
  • we had 2 grinding quests until the last patch where people could do a quest over and over again and increas reputation with the city Stormwind to a lvl that you normally shouldn't have gotten. so someone did a quest 937 times in a row and got a message by a gamemaster saying "how did you get to that status?"

now after the 1.5 patch it's legally possible to reach that status by handing over any spare runecloth you find to quartermasters. so in order for me to get exalted with the night elf capital darnassus i need around 12000runecloth - then i can even by one of the tigers that the night elfes ride on :D
    [B]Also, I like bragging about the lack of a monthly fee, and then going out and buying a $30 expansion every three months. :D [/B][/QUOTE]
    Did you know that they said not to excpect the first expansion until early 2006. :)
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by C_Mon [/i]
    [B]Did you know that they said not to excpect the first expansion until early 2006. :) [/B][/QUOTE]That's very, very good--they've got a lot of **** to figure out before they go expanding the game.
    [B]That's very, very good--they've got a lot of **** to figure out before they go expanding the game. [/B][/QUOTE]
    Also, if you read the Fansite Fridays you know that the expansions will mostly contain new areas, new skills and new stuuf, while updates will change droprates, how you unlock things and stuff like that.
  • Errrr, that's kind of what an expansion generally entails. :p
    Yeah, but I think they just said it so that people wouldn't expect to get new items and stuff from regular updates.
  • We need unique sets! And a wider array of rare item types.
    In Wow I've never done the same quests twice I notice there are wwwwaaaayyyyy too mnay quests to do in the levels you are expected to do them.

I kill two dwarves before I kill two dwarves and then I kill two more.
    I just want all my skills and runes unlocked for PvP.
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Norlion [/i]
    [B]In Wow I've never done the same quests twice I notice there are wwwwaaaayyyyy too mnay quests to do in the levels you are expected to do them.

I kill two dwarves before I kill two dwarves and then I kill two more. [/B][/QUOTE]That's another thing that ANet needs to work on (and, thankfully, is working on): quests. There's plenty to do Pre-Searing, and you're inundated with quests in Ascalon, but once you get to the jungle there's essentially nothing at all to do. In the desert, not counting missions there is the quest to find an ancient one in Salt Flats, and then the five secondary class change quests, and nothing else, unless you count reaching the mission locations as quests.

My favorite thing to do in the early Betas (we're talking E34E early) was to leave Lion's Arch (back when LA was the starting city, skills were almost almost nonexistent) and just explore the wilderness; I literally explored as far as was possible in all directions one Beta. We need more areas, too.

All in all though, I'm in awe of what a great game ANet has created.
    yeah, the game is great....but there need to bee more stuff for PvPers if they're going to have a high ranked Guild matches.