Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Hello everybody

Though I've been a big fan of B5 since 1998, I've only recently found out about this board. I've actually known about Firstones.com for a long time, but didn't know that you had a forum here. I already post at the WB Boards and ISN News, but decided to come here too just to see what it's like.
Well, to tell the truth, I'm also very interested in seeing what this "Water Cooler" thing is. Is it possible to see the pictures that the site was talking about?
Like I said, I already go to a few other boards to talk about B5 and such, but if I like this place enough, you might just see me around pretty often.

Comments

• RhettRhett (Not even a monkey)
    Welcome to the boards! Always good to see new members, as to your watercooler questions I will leave that to others who can perhaps enlighten you in a more entertaining way than I could. I think you will really enjoy it here, I certainly have. Great place with great people. Again welcome, and enjoy your (hopefully very very long) stay!
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    Yeah, I think Jack has the watercooler pictures hidden somewhere. Welcome! The beers in the fridge, and the nuts are all around. :D
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    How much did I write in the history about the watercooler? I can't remember and I'm too lazy to go look.

Here's one of the watercooler pics that was created, showing the Watercooler and some Dixie Cup squadrons on patrol. Jack has the original "B5" watercooler pic, no doubt.

[img]http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~jlbiggs/patrol.jpg[/img]
  • Entil'ZhaEntil'Zha I see famous people
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Biggles [/i]
    [B]How much did I write in the history about the watercooler? I can't remember and I'm too lazy to go look.

Here's one of the watercooler pics that was created, showing the Watercooler and some Dixie Cup squadrons on patrol. Jack has the original "B5" watercooler pic, no doubt.

[/B][/QUOTE]
    Eh, its nice, but its no Vorklift.
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    No, that's true. It doesn't compare with the vorklift.

I couldn't find the vorklift picture, but I did find these:

[url]http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~jlbiggs/B6_2.jpg[/url]
    [url]http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~jlbiggs/B6_3.jpg[/url]
    [url]http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~jlbiggs/forklift_war.jpg[/url]
  • Welcome!

I've never seen the watercooler... nice

:p
  • DarthCaligulaDarthCaligula Elite Ranger
    Those pictures are great! So why is a Shadow driving a Vorklift?
    Oh, so the Vorklift is the thing blowing up, and the Shadow's just driving a normal forklift?
  • JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
    Heh, caught me before I go offline for a month or so...

I have a pic of the GenericTile Water cooler I did somewhere.

I speak to it's history in as brief a paragraph as I can.

Back when I was trying to stuff the 5 mile long Babylon 5 Station into our game engine for B5:Itf our company got bought by a French company of the name of Vivendi, who owned a sub company of the name Havas. They put a guy named Grenewetski in charge of our division who appearantly liked to use the so-called gossip system at the water cooler.

When Viv/Havas decided to close the Oakhurst division (months before we would be going gold on Itf) and uproot the team to the Seattle area, Dave Grenewetski was the man given the task. He made an off the wall comment to the press about having the team up in the Seattle area where he could physically get the scoop at the water cooler anytime he wanted (since he was appearantly not very tech friendly for vid/phone conferencing etc.)

Well I (and many others) were just so pleased by all this hoopla I decided to make a comment on the company's internal General Board something to the effect:

"To all concerned, the B5 Station will no longer be used, but rather a 5 mile long Water Cooler model will be put in its place for the game engine."

Exact wording escapes me after all these years but...

The whole thing leaked out and fans started the ball rolling for the legend of the water cooler.

:D
  • samuelksamuelk The Unstoppable Mr. 'K'
    Memories...

FYI, the first watercooler picture Biggles posted (the one with the paper cone cups (Starfuries) and more advanced Dixie™ cups (Thunderbolts) was created by me in Truespace 3. I also created the forklift_war picture (the one with the Shadow riding the forklift).

The Vorklift in the background (the one exploding) was created by someone else, and I added it to my image with the explosion as part of the ongoing Forklift Wars.

Good times. :)
  • PhiPhi <font color=#FF0000>C</font><font color=#FF9900>o</font><font color=#FFFF00>l</font><font color=#00F
    [IMG]http://muss.cis.mcmaster.ca/~andreas/vpoonlift3.jpg[/IMG]
    Vpoonlift (driven by aardvark)

- Φ
  • AlaricAlaric Damn kids! Get off my island!
    Hi
    Stick around, the insanity isn't contagious!
  • [img]http://images.usatoday.com/money/_photos/2003/04-03-sars-mask.jpg[/img]
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Alaric [/i]
    [B]Hi
    Stick around, the insanity isn't contagious!
    :D [/B][/QUOTE]

:nervous: Its not?

Yeah right! :rolleyes:
  • AlaricAlaric Damn kids! Get off my island!
    S.A.R.S

sanity auto removal system
    I swear, if Into the Fire ever gets made somehow, you should be able to fly through Sector 14, and if you survive, you have to take on the Water Cooler and the fleet of Vorklifts!
  • Entil'ZhaEntil'Zha I see famous people
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by DarthCaligula [/i]
    [B]I swear, if Into the Fire ever gets made somehow, you should be able to fly through Sector 14, and if you survive, you have to take on the Water Cooler and the fleet of Vorklifts! [/B][/QUOTE]

That would be Vorktacular!
  • WTV?

[SIZE=1]sorry...[/SIZE]
  • JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
    \o/

Vorkin A man!!!