Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

I'm leaving this place...

C_MonC_Mon A Genuine Sucker
for atleast 6 month. I know I've not been as active as usual but I hope you all still remember me. :) But don't worry, I will be back from time to time.

Now all Finnish males here can laugh at me because I will do my mandatory military service and I'm leaving at monday.

So have fun..and leave the space in the corner open for me, ok! ;)

Comments

• A2597A2597 Fanboy
    Hey, good luck and don't forget to write!
  • E.TE.T Quote-o-matic
    Now you have no need to explain weeks long absenses.

And if they didn't send you "quick guide" booklet here's some slang:
    [url]http://www.mountine.com/aamukampa/inttisanasto/[/url]
    [url]http://koti.mbnet.fi/~stinger/armyword.php[/url]

PS. Hajottaako?
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    Ah, yes, you have been absent for a while. See ya!

Och lycka till med "lumpen" det går ganska snabbt. Hoppas du får en bra grupp att va med. :)
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    Good luck!
  • Reaver4kReaver4k Trainee in training
    Have fun...

Will you be able to get your hands on some Cammoflage Uniforms and send me one... I am sure they should have more extra ones, scince the finnish army is switching to Digital Cammo.^^
  • Good luck.

Hopefully the Finnish military actually focuses on teaching something (well, other than "suspension of thought", which all military structures tend to teach in some amount).

Regardless... just in case... it might benefit to take along a few cans of sarcasm (and enough irony to last multiple weeks). People with direct experience tell: "one cannot go wrong with that". :)

But I'm no person to advise here.
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    Take care mate, have fun and come back in one piece!
  • Go kill some Commies for us. :)
  • Be well, C_Mon. I'm sure you will do Finland proud in it's service! :)

If anyone tries to invade Finland, they are in for a good thrashing, as all the men have had
    military training and know how to fight, a wise policy. :)
  • CurZCurZ Resident Hippy
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Dunedain [/i]
    [B]as all the men have had
    military training and know how to fight[/B][/QUOTE]

Well, that's all a matter of opinion :D

Anyway, C_Mon, try not to get lung cancer :D
  • C_MonC_Mon A Genuine Sucker
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by A2597 [/i]
    [B]Hey, good luck and don't forget to write! [/B][/QUOTE]
    I'll try to write here when I can...and I won't forget. :)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by E.T [/i]
    [B]PS. Hajottaako? [/B][/QUOTE]
    Ihan vähän vaan ;)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Messiah [/i]
    [B]Och lycka till med "lumpen" det går ganska snabbt. Hoppas du får en bra grupp att va med.[/B][/QUOTE]
    Tack, och ha det bra själv. :cool:

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Biggles [/i]
    [B]Good luck![/B][/QUOTE]
    To you too. :)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Reaver4k [/i]
    [B]Will you be able to get your hands on some Cammoflage Uniforms and send me one... I am sure they should have more extra ones, scince the finnish army is switching to Digital Cammo.^^[/B][/QUOTE]
    I'll see what I can do, but don't expect anything. ;)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by sleepy_shadow [/i]
    [B]Regardless... just in case... it might benefit to take along a few cans of sarcasm (and enough irony to last multiple weeks). People with direct experience tell: "one cannot go wrong with that". [/B][/QUOTE]
    Yeah, I've heard that too, so it's probably good advice.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ShadowDancer [/i]
    [B]Take care mate, have fun and come back in one piece![/B][/QUOTE]
    I'll try. :p

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by the_exile [/i]
    [B]Go kill some Commies for us. [/B][/QUOTE]
    OK! :eek:

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Dunedain [/i]
    [B]Be well, C_Mon. I'm sure you will do Finland proud in it's service! [/B][/QUOTE]
    We'll see. :rolleyes:

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by CurZ [/i]
    [B]Anyway, C_Mon, try not to get lung cancer [/B][/QUOTE]
    Well...I usually try not to get it. :)

Thanks for all your posts here and see you all later.
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    No! Don't forget about me! ;)

Good luck, and hopefully you'll find the service enjoyable. Remember us! Remember!
  • Random ChaosRandom Chaos Actually Carefully-selected Order in disguise
    Away from this madness? How will you ever last?
    Sanfam: Well, we can allways hope that in some insane way my service will be enjoyable. ;)

RC: No idea. :robot:

Weee, I'm leaving now sooo have fun without me!
  • CiberCiber Earthforce Officer
    why do you guys need to do that i mena all the Finns need to make the military service ? and you really train for military operations or just a little of strenght condition :P
  • EclecticonautEclecticonaut Elite Ranger
    Not [b]all[/b] the Finns. But 82% of every male generation (plus couple hundred women) go through this with flying colors. And the reason for this of course is to ensure the safety of a small, but strategically important piece of land known as Finland.

And yes, we really train for military operations, but mostly on a very basic level. So you could say that the real objective is to learn how to shut down your computer and move that lard ass... :D
  • CurZCurZ Resident Hippy
    Ciber, I'm told that mexicans have mandatory military service too (pintando arboles o algo asi, que hueva debe ser..) or have I misunderstood that part?
  • CiberCiber Earthforce Officer
    ohh yeah they do its like winning the lottery for the ones who win the lotery the doo train in military actions and the other just comunity service hehe there you see them every sunday and saturdayt planting threes... (or havin' fun with the christmas threes... black death my name is ... black death :P)
  • Take care buddy, hope everything goes ok for you. If the worst comes to the worst: "Short-controlled bursts." ;)

Regards,
    Morden
  • bobobobo (A monkey)
    Be careful out there. We'll see you in 6.
  • E.TE.T Quote-o-matic
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Ciber [/i]
    [B]why do you guys need to do that i mena all the Finns need to make the military service ?[/B][/QUOTE]Not gone through geography/history classes?
    It's because that east neighbour has been one of the worl history worst tyrannies.

That's why everyone is also taught how to use AT-mine anhd light bazooka. (similar to LAW)

And [url=http://koti.mbnet.fi/~tuunaes/Images/RK95%20parts.jpg]here[/url]'s what design of his "wife" looks.
    (actually this is newer version but differences are external)
  • Vorlon Ambassador KoshVorlon Ambassador Kosh Vorlonforce Officer
    Good Luck mate!

Du kommer säkert att ha kul som fan, när man väl ligger där i leran kanske det suger, men när man tänker tillbaka på de tiderna längtar man tillbaka ska du veta ;)
    WEEEE!!! I'm back...but not for long. I got a weekend vacation, so I'm going back to the army on monday. Talk to you later, now I'm going out for a beer.
  • JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
    Why would anyone want to go out for a beard?

:p
    Perhaps it wont grow inside?
    You may not have a beard in the army. :p

Still, I'm leaving today again.
    Ah, in the Swedish army you can.. As long as its tidy.. ;)