Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Space Above and Beyond DVDs have a listing on Bestbuy.com!!!!

You saw the subject. Now Rejoice!!!!
[URL=http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7310689&type=product&id=1471095]Time to put October 4th on your calenders.[/URL]

Comments

• Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    Woot! :D

Those pesky Chigs ;)
  • MundaneMundane Elite Ranger
    I still cannot understand whats the thing about SAAB...
  • About bloody time!!!

*Nostalgia Mode*

I can still remember those Friday nights when I was 12, snuggled up in bed with a can of ginger beer and a bar of Terry's Mint Crisp chocolate, waiting for SAAB to come on at 11:30...

Regards,
    Morden
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    [b]SCHWEEEEET![/b]

Now I can prepare to free up 9gb and get me some of that :D

I've been waiting so many years for this to come out. So very few shows have held my interest like S:AAB. Too bad it got the chop...at what could have in no way been a worse time to do so, leaving the poor viewer stranded with a now-renewed war.
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    WOO! Finally!
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    October 4th?

My birthday.

Worf
    How many episodes did they make before it was cancelled? I remember the final episode very well. Left it on a real cliffhanger. Were the ratings so bad at the time leaving the network no choice but to kill it?

Saw the commander of the squadron in the latest series of 24 actually. Recognised the voice right away. And of course the captain/admiral of their carrier was in Enterprise season 4 playing a Zindi (and of course season 2 of Babylon 5 as David Endowie, or however his characters name was spelt).
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Falcon1 [/i]
    [B]How many episodes did they make before it was cancelled? I remember the final episode very well. Left it on a real cliffhanger. Were the ratings so bad at the time leaving the network no choice but to kill it?[/B][/QUOTE]

It was cancelled because it was repeatedly switched into the timeslot of doom without alerting the viewers. Ratings, as a result, were terrible. 24 episodes were written, filmed, and aired. "...Tell our moms we done our best" was written after receiving notice of cancellation and basically existed to throw a massive wrench in the show's plot. Some arcs were resolved, so it's almost workable.
    Crikey, 24? Wow. Ddn't realise it was that many. Would like to see it come back. Will be interesting too see if the dvd sales will be high and whether it will rekindle interest.
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Falcon1 [/i]
    [B]Crikey, 24? Wow. Ddn't realise it was that many. Would like to see it come back. Will be interesting too see if the dvd sales will be high and whether it will rekindle interest. [/B][/QUOTE]

Well I'll certainly be buying. I hope other SF communities feel the same. :)

Regards,
    Morden
  • Cool! This is one tv release I've been waiting for.

The other "big one" Dark Skies, whenever someone releases it on dvd...
  • Vorlon Ambassador KoshVorlon Ambassador Kosh Vorlonforce Officer
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Morden279 [/i]
    [B]About bloody time!!!

*Nostalgia Mode*

I can still remember those Friday nights when I was 12, snuggled up in bed with a can of ginger beer and a bar of Terry's Mint Crisp chocolate, waiting for SAAB to come on at 11:30...

Regards,
    Morden [/B][/QUOTE]

Wooooow...I was also 12 back when they aired it, fridays at 23:30-00:00 depending on week (iirc), I would snuggle up in that comfy sofa in the living room and watch SAAB.
  • One of the shows I always used to watch with my dad. Cant wait for that set.
  • JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
    It's definately on my list...

Was a good series, especially toward the end, it was getting GOOD!!!

Never forget them eating sugar fused dirt...

;)
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Morden279 [/i]
    [B]Well I'll certainly be buying. I hope other SF communities feel the same. :)

Regards,
    Morden [/B][/QUOTE] Crap, another release I have to import from the us. All my precious € go to the states...
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Vorlon Ambassador Kosh [/i]
    [B]Wooooow...I was also 12 back when they aired it, fridays at 23:30-00:00 depending on week (iirc), I would snuggle up in that comfy sofa in the living room and watch SAAB. [/B][/QUOTE]

Ahhh.... Those were the days... :D

I'd re-live the exprience, if they only still made Terry's Mint Crisp. ;)

Regards,
    Morden
    What's with all these S:AaB books I'm finding on amazon?
    I'm pretty sure that the books are simply novelizations of the episodes with little to no changes, save one or two.
  • FreejackFreejack Jake the Not-so-Wise
    Re: Space Above and Beyond DVDs have a listing on Bestbuy.com!!!!

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lennier [/i]
    [B]You saw the subject. Now Rejoice!!!!
    [URL=http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7310689&type=product&id=1471095]Time to put October 4th on your calenders.[/URL] [/B][/QUOTE]

You should have that date on your calenders already since that's my birthday...

Jake
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sanfam [/i]
    [B]I'm pretty sure that the books are simply novelizations of the episodes with little to no changes, save one or two. [/B][/QUOTE]

Darn. Well, maybe if the DVDs do well we'll get some kind of closure.
  • JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
    Closure?

Yeah... your wallet after it has been emptied...

;)
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Biggles [/i]
    [B]Darn. Well, maybe if the DVDs do well we'll get some kind of closure. [/B][/QUOTE]

You're asking too much. Though, the Fox DVD team is perhaps the company's best aspect. They always do a most excellent job (and now that they got rid of the craptacular cardboard+clip packaging...Victory to them!)
  • RubberEagleRubberEagle What's a rubber eagle used for, anyway?
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sanfam [/i]
    [B]You're asking too much. Though, the Fox DVD team is perhaps the company's best aspect. They always do a most excellent job (and now that they got rid of the craptacular cardboard+clip packaging...Victory to them!) [/B][/QUOTE]
    Not really.. maybe for "newer" series, but what i have heard about S:AAB DVD-Set, my respect for the fox DVD team is below zero.
    When the makers of S:AAB heard that a DVD-set was planned, they contacted FOX and said they were interested in doing DVD Commentaries, Interviews etc. (this includes CAST and CREW), plus they offered to do a short-film for the DVD to wrap up the ending...
    Fox said "We'll come back to you" and never did.
    The DVD's that are coming out now are bare-bone Episode DVDs...
    That sounds exceptionally boring. Hmm.
    Well no, it doesn't. It sounds exciting because S:AaB is exciting. However, it doesn't sound any more exciting than the show can produce. Extra excitement would definitely have been preferable.
  • just as a side note, I love Bit Torrent.
  • RubberEagleRubberEagle What's a rubber eagle used for, anyway?
    Btw, I should add that i read the thing about Fox snubbing the makers of the show on another messageboard, so you should take it with a grain of salt (or, you know, a shitload).
    Though it sounds like something FOX would do...
    It sounds like something that would happen to this series, actually. Like B5, S:AaB seems to get maltreated constantly.
    S:AAB is a pretty good lesson in almost cartoon-caliber mistreatment. A piano here, an anvil there, and a couple of explosive cigars to boot. 'tis just not fun to be a show disliked by the Fox executives. I don't know about the validity of the claim, but Fox and Chris Carter seemed to be in no particular state of conflict

See also: The Lone Gunmen
    See also: Firefly. Fox has quite a history of screwing up their shows. :D