Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

E.S. Posthumus...

Just found these artist, some of the best music I've heard in awhile, and almost all their works streaming free on their website! :D

[url]http://www.esposthumus.com/[/url]

Comments

• "Ebla" was amazing. Thanks a million for introducing these guys to me mate, I'm going to see if I can buy the CD. :)

Regards,
    Morden
  • A2597A2597 Fanboy
    I'm a huge fan of Nara and Cuzco myself.

Their "Unearthed" CD has most of the tracks on the site. GREAT Album BTW, has Nara and Ebla as well. :D
  • CurZCurZ Resident Hippy
    I love it, thanks for the link :)
  • EclecticonautEclecticonaut Elite Ranger
    Not bad at all. Just the type of music I like to listen before sleeping... helps to calm you down.
  • Nineveh also blew me away. After a short Internet search, I've located the album on Tower Records, so the old plastic will be coming out tomorrow for sure.

Unearthed is one of the few albums I've ever heard where I like practically all of the songs on it. I can't wait to have it blaring out of my stereo. :cool:

Regards,
    Morden
  • A2597A2597 Fanboy
    ah, hes, Niveneh...forgot to add that one...

but really, all their stuff is amazing. :D
  • BekennBekenn Sinclair's Duck
    I've been listening to this for a while now; any idea when/if they'll release another CD?
  • A2597A2597 Fanboy
    I was looking for that info as well...and according to this interview, they are hoping to start recording the second album late this year.
    [url]http://www.soundtrack.net/features/article/?id=148[/url]

I personally am glad that they are not rushing anything, and waiting for inspiration to strike before writing the music.
  • This would be good background music for writing, playing WoW... just about anything. :D
  • A2597A2597 Fanboy
    I've been using it for regular music, playing Guildwars, browsing the net....
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by A2597 [/i]
    [B]I've been using it for regular music, playing Guildwars, browsing the net.... [/B][/QUOTE]

Listened to the music on the webby for almost three hours last night. ;)

**EDIT**

Ordered the CD earlier on today. It's definitely coming with me to the Fireball (Airsoft) National Game. :cool:

Regards,
    Morden
  • Lord RefaLord Refa Creepy, but in a good way
    Where'd you buy the cd?

I've been listening to those songs I donwloaded from the net since that one Spider-Man trailer...

Want to get on cd too. :)
  • Tower Records.

Regards,
    Morden
  • SquidgySquidgy Earthforce Officer
    You can also snag them off of iTunes these days. :)
  • Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    These guys are superb. Discovered them last year. Could only get their cd from CDBaby at the time. If you listen to movie trailers carefully you can pick out their music being used a lot. Works great for really dramatic scenes etc. I stunned when I read the inlay card to find that for the track Ulaid (gaelic for the province of Ulster), they went to Co Clare in Ireland and recorded with Davey Spillane, one of the most famous uillean pipe players in the country.

You'll also notice that the theme to Cold Case is one of their tracks too.... Nara. Its my favourite from the album. Has to be played at max volume!! :D
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Falcon1 [/i]
    [B]You'll also notice that the theme to Cold Case is one of their tracks too.... Nara. Its my favourite from the album. Has to be played at max volume!! :D [/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah, that was mentioned on the promotional gold sticker that came with the CD when I got it a couple of weeks back. (Their music was apparently used in "National Treasure" as well.) :)

Regards,
    Morden
    National Treasure you say? Thats interesting. I have the cd and the score was done by Trevor Rabin. I assume you mean the trailer?

You know its interesting how much ES Posthumus have influenced movie trailers and tv scores recently. There seems to be a split coverage between these guys and Rob Dougan, whose music gets used loads for movie trailers and tv themes. I'd love to seem them get together and produce something. They have a great respect for classical music and blend it so well with modern styles. They'd make one kick ass movie score for sure!!!
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    Rob Dougan and E.S. Posthumus working together would produce a product of such unimaginable awesomeness, that it would be purchased ten times over by every single living being on this planet, the end result of which would be earth reaching critical mass and collapsing in on itself, requiring the atoms that remain of humanity to think up a new name for our infinitely small point in the universe.
    I think it would be worth the risk ;)
  • CurZCurZ Resident Hippy
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sanfam [/i]
    [B]Rob Dougan and E.S. Posthumus working together would produce a product of such unimaginable awesomeness, that it would be purchased ten times over by every single living being on this planet, the end result of which would be earth reaching critical mass and collapsing in on itself, requiring the atoms that remain of humanity to think up a new name for our infinitely small point in the universe. [/B][/QUOTE]

"Ditto."

"Ditto? DITTO, YOU PROVINCIAL PUTZ?"
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Falcon1 [/i]
    [B]National Treasure you say? Thats interesting. I have the cd and the score was done by Trevor Rabin. I assume you mean the trailer? [/B][/QUOTE]

You're probably right. I peeled off the sticker and threw it away. ;)

Oh yes, I agree with you about Rob Dougan. :cool:

Regards,
    Morden
    Trevor Rabin is another of those neat gems that seems to have popped up in the modern world. His scores are rapidly making their way into my playlists.
  • Damn, awesome stuff!

I bet I have heard bits of Nara in some tv show, but I can't recall the name of it.

edit: Ah, bugger, I should have read carefully the topic, Falcon1 already said that it was "Cold Case" :D
    Yup I did :D

I've been blown away by Trevor Rabin, he's got a superb blend of classical music, with modern synth and excellent guitar riffs. His talents have really grown since he left Yes and you'd never expect a guitarist to be able to produce such a broad range of film scores. If you love his stuff try and get hold of the unreleased score for that rubbish film Bad Company. It is simply amazing!!!

Ok taking this to a stupid level which would lead to far more than Sanfams proposed collapse of the universe... I would love to see Trevor Rabin, Howard Shore, Hans Zimmer, Rob Dougan and the ES Posthumus brothers do a collaboration.

Surely time itself would stop :D
  • Does Trevor Rabin have a website? Can you guys recommend any of his CDs? :)

Regards,
    Morden
    Edit: No not as such, there's a [url]http://www.nfte.org/Trevor.Rabin[/url] but its said coming soon for a few months now.

I recommend National Treasure, The One, Armageddon and Enemy of the State. I'm gonna get Gone in 60 Seconds soon which is supposed to be very good as well. And if you can "acquire" Bad Company I higly recommend that too. Don't buy the cd as its just full of hip hop stuff from the movie with only one track by Rabin at the end which is a compilation of the score. Its very good but not worth paying for the whole cd really. Unless you like hip hop/gangsta rap ;)
    Gone in Sixty Seconds is the score that got me liking him in the first place. Not the best, but certainly up there as one of his better ones.
  • DarkbladeDarkblade Earthforce Officer
    Actually Trevor Rabin, Harry Gregson-Williams, Klaus Badelt and Nick Glennie-Smith are all "apprentices" of Hans Zimmer. :)
    I don'tknow if I can call Klaus Badelt an apprentice. More like carbon freakin' copy. I swear, if I didn't see the credits of [i]Pirates of the Caribbean[/i], I would have sworn it was the work of Zimmer himself.
  • Nara's my favorite so far, the kind of tune I could listen to for hours and not get tired of it :D

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sanfam [/i]
    [B]Rob Dougan and E.S. Posthumus working together would produce a product of such unimaginable awesomeness, that it would be purchased ten times over by every single living being on this planet, the end result of which would be earth reaching critical mass and collapsing in on itself, requiring the atoms that remain of humanity to think up a new name for our infinitely small point in the universe. [/B][/QUOTE]

Perhaps... or perhaps the overwhelming mass would be the catalyst for the next technological revolution that takes humanity into space.