Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Civ 4!

[URL=http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/civilizationiv/preview_6134146.html?q=1&tag=gs_hp_flashtop_read]CIV 4[/URL]

Anybody preorder for CIV 5 yet?

Comments

• SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    Between Spore, Civilization IV, and Supreme Commander...I'm doomed.
  • SpiritOneSpiritOne Magneto ABQ NM
    since Ive been busy lately, do we know the release date on Civ 4 yet? I know Im going to want it, and i will have to make room in my busy WoW schedule to play it, but Im definately there.

Anyone up for a firstones MP Tournament?
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    So many games, so little time...
  • ArethusaArethusa Universal Cathode
    Hopefully Meier will make an intelligent game this time instead of a game that pretends to be intelligent.
  • I'm waiting for Master of Orion 4, StarCraft 2 and Alpha Centauri 2... but at the moment, Civ4 will have to do.
  • October 20th I think? I preordered yeah.
  • Hope this one is as good as parts 1 & 3 (didnt like 2), gonna be interesting to play a Civ in a faster pace.

There's going to be a Starcraft 2?
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Vorlon Ambassador Kosh [/i]
    [B]There's going to be a Starcraft 2? [/B][/QUOTE]I haven't given up hope yet.
  • How can you not like Civ2?

Anyway, if all of you like strategy games so much, the real thing but on a smaller scale is a lot more fun. I'm talking management -- ordering real people around. As long as there's an enemy for all of you to band together against, it's the same balance of productivity and keeping morale up. The only things missing are the Elvis guy and nukes.
  • Civ 2 was incredible, The World War fucking 2 scenario hooked me. & then I spent endless hours as the mongols!

I hated the bootleg attempts at civilization aka CALL TO POWER from Activision like an idiot I bought into that back in the day.
  • Random ChaosRandom Chaos Actually Carefully-selected Order in disguise
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Eclecticonaut [/i]
    [B]I'm waiting for Master of Orion 4,[/B][/QUOTE]

I'd just like MOO original rewritten for Windows 9x/NT/2K/XP - it was by far the best of the franchise, and I still play it occasionally, and would probably play it several times a week if it worked on present day platforms. I do not play MOO2 or MOO3...both of them were horrible.

--RC
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    Civ 4 is full 3d. Its scripting language is python, and the sources will be releaced as well meaning custom dll (exicutables? even?) are possible!

A Babylon 5 total conversion anyone?

(BTW: Dont forget about The movied by Lionhead!)

Also there was a poll on firaxis' website on what fans woudl like to see remade the most. SMAC and Colonizatin were both tied for most of the poll and by far the leaders.
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    I definately haven't forgotten The Movies, I've been waiting for that game for years.

Worf
    Croxis: This has been considered, and I think that if I get it on its early days of release--which are most likely a given--I will learn as much as I can about it and go ape, forming the first B5 mod for it.

Worf: That has looked quite good. I just hope they keep the open ended-ness of it as friendly as possible.
    I would think it may even be releaced early. I would love to help ya with it. It may be one of the very few firstones projects that actually get off the ground ;)
    # Every time you research a new technology, the grandfatherly voice of Leonard Nimoy (Mr. Spock himself!) kicks in with an appropriate quote from history.
    Contrary to what you may think, there's actually quite a few that have made a lot of progress in their respective territories.
    Mine wasn't one of them =Þ
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by croxis [/i]
    [B]# Every time you research a new technology, the grandfatherly voice of Leonard Nimoy (Mr. Spock himself!) kicks in with an appropriate quote from history. [/B][/QUOTE]

Cool! :)
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Eclecticonaut [/i]
    [B]I haven't given up hope yet. [/B][/QUOTE]

To be honest, I think W40k: Dawn of War has taken up Starcraft's mantle in the 3D RTS arena. (And the demo of the expansion pack, Winter Assault, is very promising.) If you haven't already, I'd recommend giving that a go. :)
  • I hate the whole squad-based thing, but the demo certainly felt like Starcraft.
  • having played both w40k and starcraft i would still chose starcraft any other day - it is still the best in rts around. warhammer might have had the graphics but i didn't like the whole feel of it...

in korea and generally in electronic games tournaments w40k has still a very long way to go until it remotely gets as popular as starcraft ;)