Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Farscape entering syndication starting October 1st!

Starting this October 1st, Farscape is entering syndication and is going to be shown in a wide array of markets throughout the country. Specifically they are now going to be available on network TV so people without cable can also see the show. Since the Scifi Channel hasn't been airing the show recently, this is also a great opportunity for people who have been thinking about watching it to finally get around to doing it. Current locations where it is known to be about to be aired in syndication are listed throught this link.
[url]http://www.watchfarscape.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35170[/url]

While some locations start showing the show on Saturday October 1st, others start airing the show on that Sunday instead, so don't assume. Check your local listings for the exact time for the show, because it can vary by area.

The show is also airing on the cable version of WGN (basically anywhere outside of the Chicago area you are getting the show via cable if you can receive it).

One thing to be aware of is that while almost all markets will be starting with the first episode, (fairly logically titled "Premier"), some are also showing the SECOND Season of Farscape starting with "Dream a Little Dream" at a different time.

Given the strong continuity of the show Farscape, I would strongly suggest that you make sure you see the Premier episode, either by taping or watching directly, before considering watching the season two opener if you've never seen the show before.

Its ultimately your decision if you want to see season two while watching season 1, but you should be aware that the strong continuity of the show means you will be missing some things and blowing other surprises by watching those season two episodes before finishing season 1. After the first season ends, the show should then move on to season two.

Obviously this is also a great opportunity for those who missed episodes the first time or simply want to see the show again.

If you want to see another scifi show that actually innovates and pays real attention to continuity, be sure to check Farscape out.

Comments

• VladVlad Earthforce Officer
    Well, I've always wanted to watch the show, as the odd episode I've caught here and there has looked interesting, but I've had no idea what's going on. After seeing how my local UPN station butchered it, though, I doubt I'll be able to see the show unless I Netflix it or something...

The first scene they showed was the main guy's ship being pulled into the hangar of the Leviathan, which seemed like an abrupt way to start the show, and after what happened later, leads me to believe there were some editing mishaps that happened somewhere.

The show continues normally, then goes to a commercial with the captured female pilot beating up the main guy (sorry, don't know the names of pretty much anybody, yet) and demanding his rank and wanting to know why he's out of uniform.

After the commercial, they're running around on some planet, being chased by the big guy with the long tongue, which was a bit of an abrupt transition, to say the least. I figured at first that the main guy had just gotten knocked out and was dreaming it, but the show kept going, and went to a commercial after the Leviathan escaped from the other ship by skimming along the atmosphere.

Then after the commercials, they show the exact same segment [i]again[/i], starting with tongue-guy chasing the other two through the streets, and ending with the ship escape.

Did anybody else's stations do the same thing?
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Vlad [/i]
    [B]Well, I've always wanted to watch the show, as the odd episode I've caught here and there has looked interesting, but I've had no idea what's going on. After seeing how my local UPN station butchered it, though, I doubt I'll be able to see the show unless I Netflix it or something...

The first scene they showed was the main guy's ship being pulled into the hangar of the Leviathan, which seemed like an abrupt way to start the show, and after what happened later, leads me to believe there were some editing mishaps that happened somewhere.

The show continues normally, then goes to a commercial with the captured female pilot beating up the main guy (sorry, don't know the names of pretty much anybody, yet) and demanding his rank and wanting to know why he's out of uniform.

After the commercial, they're running around on some planet, being chased by the big guy with the long tongue, which was a bit of an abrupt transition, to say the least. I figured at first that the main guy had just gotten knocked out and was dreaming it, but the show kept going, and went to a commercial after the Leviathan escaped from the other ship by skimming along the atmosphere.

Then after the commercials, they show the exact same segment [i]again[/i], starting with tongue-guy chasing the other two through the streets, and ending with the ship escape.

Did anybody else's stations do the same thing? [/B][/QUOTE]
    It sounds like a localized problem, I actually watched the rerun on UPN in my market and it played just fine.

As far as your showing goes, first of all, it very well may be you simply missed the first few minutes of the show. Basically what happens is you see John Crichton (the name of the main charactor), preparing for liftoff as he is going to pilot an experimental spacecraft for a NASA like agency. Through a news report the audience learns its a personal theory of John Crichton that involves using the Earth's gravity waves to propel the craft at exceptionally high speeds. John Crichton's craft gets launched from earth on a normal looking Nasa type space shuttle.

The experiment appears to be proceeding normally, until the spacecraft suddenly runs into a magnetic wave that suddenly appeared. This wave interacts with the spacecraft and shooting it through a wormhole to a distant part of the galaxy, although it take Crichton awhile to figure out what the heck happened. John Crichton finds himself in the middle of a space battle and shortly after that he gets pulled into the hanger of the Leviathan.

It sounds like after the commercial break is where other stuff started to get cut from the episode to apparent technical problems on your station.

What you probably want to do is read the following detailed recap of the episiode.
    [url]http://www.televisionwithoutpity.com/story.cgi?show=56&story=8204&page=1[/url]

Its rather irreverant in tone, but it does a rather good job summerizing what actually happens in the episode. By scanning through the parts you already actually saw, you should be in good shape to watch future episodes after going through this recap.