Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Konfabulator

I'm really starting to like this thing. :) Doesn't hog up almost any resources and works like a charm, quietly and without hassle.

I'm definitely taking this one over Samurize. :)

If you don't know what I'm babbling about, check out: [url]http://www.Konfabulator.com[/url]

...and my current desktop:

[img]http://koti.mbnet.fi/cijk/Konfab.jpg[/img]

Comments

• ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    just installed it and i love it already!:D
  • Entil'ZhaEntil'Zha I see famous people
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ShadowDancer [/i]
    [B]just installed it and i love it already!:D [/B][/QUOTE]

desktop X ish...
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    I'm happy with my desklets.
  • Re: Konfabulator

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Data Crystal [/i]
    [B]I'm really starting to like this thing. :) Doesn't hog up almost any resources and works like a charm, quietly and without hassle.[/B][/QUOTE]

Is that calendar any particular widget?
  • Data CrystalData Crystal Pencil Artist
    The Calendar and the CPU strain -watchdog -thingy come with the program. Check Program Files\Pixoria\Konfabulator\Widgets.
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    So I've acquired it and set up the following:
    GasPrice, GasWatch, mini_run, Mega Search, Flip Clock, Astronomy Picture of the Day, EjectMe!, Ping Monster, miniNetStat, mini Weather, TachClock, MSN Traffic Reports, and Picture Frame. It's almost everything I want in a configuration. I wish I could shrink a few objects though, as some are just a tad too large or just don't fit comfortably in the space available. Others just need to be smacked about a bit more.
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    ...and you can still see your desktop?:eek: ;)
  • RhettRhett (Not even a monkey)
    I love it! Thanks for posting a link to it
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ShadowDancer [/i]
    [B]...and you can still see your desktop?:eek: ;) [/B][/QUOTE]

I've currently got three monitors pumping out pretty pictures ;) But even with that, I'd really love to get something that would allow for me to force certain widgets to be of a specific size, perhaps shrink until mouseover ala the MacOS Dockbar. Anyway, I'll get a screenshot soon. In the mean time, check the gallery in the signature, specifically the desktops section under the screenshots album. my four-monitor configuration was quite fun while it lasted.
  • shadow boxershadow boxer The Finger Painter & Master Ranter
    great... like I needed another addiction, or some more almost useless desktop clutter...

...but I cant stop...

...help !

:P
  • TycoTyco Ranger Texas
    I've been using Konfabulator for about a month. I love this thing... I have the standard weather monitoring two different locations, i have the calendar, plus eject_Me. I use Radar_Widget and US Metro by Sat as well. Ipod_Player is pretty cool, too.
    I've reconfigured it yet again. Rainlendar now has a bit more priority and shows one month ahead, as well.Removed miniweather, flipclock. Added "The Weather" and "Radar Widget" instead, as I felt an actual radar veiw is far more useful to me. :D MSN traffic is just handy, but I wish its hidden state icon was smaller.
  • Entil'ZhaEntil'Zha I see famous people
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Tyco [/i]
    [B]I've been using Konfabulator for about a month. I love this thing... I have the standard weather monitoring two different locations, i have the calendar, plus eject_Me. I use Radar_Widget and US Metro by Sat as well. Ipod_Player is pretty cool, too. [/B][/QUOTE]

I've been using Desktop X to do this sort of stuff for about a year, but DesktopX is pay, course, i got work to pay for it, sooooo :)
  • Rogue TraderRogue Trader Somebody stop him...
    Love widgets, just gotta be careful cuz they will kill your resources if you use way too many.
  • TycoTyco Ranger Texas
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Entil'Zha [/i]
    [B]I've been using Desktop X to do this sort of stuff for about a year, but DesktopX is pay, course, i got work to pay for it, sooooo :) [/B][/QUOTE]

I've tried Desktop X.. drove me nuts what little the shareware gave. Wasn't as simplified as I'd like. But that's been quite some time.
  • Alpha-1Alpha-1 Elite Ranger Germany
    great programm!!!

my desctop so far :)

[URL=http://img432.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mydesctop0oo.jpg][IMG]http://img432.imageshack.us/img432/9382/mydesctop0oo.th.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
  • TycoTyco Ranger Texas
    Here's my desktop with Konfabulator.