Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

firstones.org

Alpha-1Alpha-1 Elite RangerGermany
[url]www.firstones.org[/url] looks interesting

Comments

• ChickyChicky Moderator
    really interresting

:)
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    It just occurred to me that they even used the same logo font :D

I noticed them a while back. A couple days after I opened the wiki, FirstOnes.org appeared and opened its own.
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    Hehehe..
  • RhettRhett (Not even a monkey)
    I feel like I might be missing something... but I tend to get that feeling often :)
    Not missing anything. That site just popped up on the radar one day...and that's about it.
    Well thats anticlimatic ;)
  • Hi there

Hi, its me Troy, saw the referral in my server logs so I thought I would just over and give a shout.

I made FirstOnes.org to give some kudos to the FirstOnes of B5 fandom, and to preserve some of the documents I accumulated while I ran [url]www.babylon5.com[/url] and Keyword: Babylon 5. I sincerely hope you don't think I was trying to rain on your parade over here, quite the contrary. I think you've done an excellent job of keeping people interested in B5 fandom.

As somebody mentioned, I did use the same font, but there's a reason - its Serpentine, the font used on Babylon 5. A very popular font to use for a site dedicated to the series.

Anyway, I just wanted to make sure there weren't any hard feelings or anything. I admit Ive let the site dwindle and not become the archive of information I had hoped. When I get some time the next couple of months, I hope to spend some time on it.

Anyway, I hope to keep in touch, I still have fond memories of B5, and anything I can do to keep the spirit alive, just let me know.

-Troy Rutter
  • PhiPhi <font color=#FF0000>C</font><font color=#FF9900>o</font><font color=#FFFF00>l</font><font color=#00F
    Nah, no hard feelings, There's plenty of internet for everybody :D

Feel free to hang around. Beer's in the fridge, nuts are all over the place!

- Phi
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    Re: Hi there

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by trutter [/i]
    [B]I admit Ive let the site dwindle and not become the archive of information I had hoped. When I get some time the next couple of months, I hope to spend some time on it.

Anyway, I hope to keep in touch, I still have fond memories of B5, and anything I can do to keep the spirit alive, just let me know.[/B][/QUOTE]

You should consider putting said information into the [url=http://tgm.firstones.com/wiki/Main_Page]wiki[/url]. That's what it's there for, as a resource for B5 fans. Better to keep all the information in one well organised place than spread it out, in my opinion. It's up to you, of course. :)
  • Da Wiki

Yeah, as Sanfam said, I started a wiki and then realized someone else started one, so I took it down.

Most of the information I have archived is in the form of old Chat Logs, not sure how I would add those to the wiki.

Maybe... link off of Keyword: Babylon 5, online chats, and then by the day/year? These logs arent even up on Lurkers. I also have log files of the message boards I forgot to put back up when i moved the site a few months ago.

If you have any suggestions for how to add, say, 200 chat logs from the Eclipse Cafe and Fresh Air Lounge, lemme know and Ill get started. I think going by year, month, day should be fine, but if you think of a better way, Im open for anything, I just hate for "history" to be lost. :)

-Troy
    Are these chat logs of chats amongst fans or with jms? If they are, I'd add a thing under the Community menu on the main page to an entry called "Chat logs with jms" or something similar. Then sort by year, month and day, and add a reference from the [url=http://tgm.firstones.com/wiki/JMS]jms[/url] page.
    Otherwise, perhaps an entry under the [url=http://tgm.firstones.com/wiki/Category:Fan_Stuff]fan stuff[/url] category called something like "chat logs," then sorted by year, month and day?
    Mention in the entry name what they are and where they came from, I guess.
  • They look like a bunch of posers. There is only one Firstones
  • Well...

Now [I]that's[/I] nice. Sheesh.
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by PSI-KILLER [/i]
    [B]They look like a bunch of posers. There is only one Firstones [/B][/QUOTE]

Why is it that you see the need to be so rude?
  • Heh

My sites are down, so im a bit grumbly. I know you all are nice. I just sometimes find it ironic when people call others posers.

For instance, I once had a sound file of a celebrity (i used to do celebrity sites as well) saying "Hi, this is ... welcome to my web site" and after a few years I started getting hate mail saying I "stole it" from another persons fan site. It's like.. uh hello. :)

Anyway, Im still trying to figure out the best thing to do with the logs. They are mostly just fan-fan chat logs, but JMS, Bruce, John Copeland, Pat, etc oftentimes came in.

I might try and post a few in the wiki tonight when I get home from work. AFTER I figure out why all my sites are down. You save a few bucks putting stuff on your own server, but when you work 45 minutes away and something goes wrong... its frustrating.

BTW... is anybody here participating in nanowrimo?
    We tried to beat the_exile into doing it last year, without success. :)
    He just wrote up long excuses for not doing it ;)

And yeah, no reason to insult anybody here. I'm assuming it was only a sarcastic comment, but sarcasm ain't internet friendly :p

Oh, trutter, check your PMs. (Accessed in the "User CP" button up top)

Anyway, I see some interesting possibilities between the two sites here. My plans are finally falling into place! *sinister laugh*
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sanfam [/i]
    [B]Anyway, I see some interesting possibilities between the two sites here. My plans are finally falling into place! *sinister laugh* [/B][/QUOTE]

OH HELL.........GREEN AND PURPLE FIRSTONES SITES!

*Runs away screaming *
  • Sorry if i insulted anyone, i did not mean anything malicious.

(Psi spreads arms waitng for the salvos)
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by PSI-KILLER [/i]
    [B]Sorry if i insulted anyone, i did not mean anything malicious.

(Psi spreads arms waitng for the salvos) [/B][/QUOTE]

No harm done. I actually perceived it as a sarcastic remark. :p

"There can only be one!" *Does highlander thingy*
  • I know TRUTTER IS JMS!
  • I will aske the question

How do we know TRUTTER IS JMS??

Is this common knowledge I missed out on?
    In the land of the crazy...something proverbial can be said.

It seems a tad unlikely that such would be the case, but if so, I welcome our screenwriter overlord(s)!
  • Heheheheeh

nope, nope, definitely not The One.
  • Re: Heheheheeh

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by trutter [/i]
    [B]nope, nope, definitely not The One. [/B][/QUOTE] If you are the one and all...chhhh...great times!
  • Sorry, been busy

Sorry, been busy working on NaNoWriMo and on a couple of my other sites, including the one for my book so I haven't gotten time to put anything in the wiki.

The "transcripts" are back online at the "poser site" (grin) you can find them at:

[url]http://www.firstones.org/eclipsetranscripts.shtml[/url]

most of those are fans talking to fans, with an occasional jmsatb5 (joe) or pigdog13 (john) popping in. The celeb chats are in a different section, and the message board logs are in yet another section.

If you can think of a way to wiki-ize them, let me know and when I get some free time Ill try and add them in here.

Its difficult since they are really just idle banter between fans.
  • truttertrutter Trainee
    change of URL

To help avoid confusion between the two sites, I have renamed firstones.org:

[URL=http://www.babylon5fans.com]http://www.babylon5fans.com[/URL]

Come visit - I have some old and new things up - stuff to see, hear, watch and read. :)

Troy
  • Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    Its good to have other B5 sites pop up out there. Getting hard to find em these days. I left mine go in the end as there was little point to it really. I don't mess with 3D stuff any more which was one of the main reasons to have the site. I too wanted to turn it into a hub for fans and have lots of material on there but I never got the time.

So keep it up Trutter!
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    I like the site, it looks good. Keep up the good work! :)
    Like the site! Good work!