Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Third Space

I was wondering if anyone knows precisely between which two episodes in the fifth season
of Babylon 5 that Third Space originally aired?

Thanks for any info.! :)

Comments

• Precisely? No, but if I was to take a guess I'd say its between

Into the Fire and Illusion of Truth. Somewhere around there.
  • David of MacDavid of Mac Elite Ranger Ca
    Actually, it's between "The Illusion of Truth" and "Atonement" (for the teaser of the latter episode, assume Zack is at the tailors' shop getting his uniform repaired and adjusted after the fighting in "Thirdspace," and not wearing it for the first time).
  • Sergei SSergei S Earthforce Officer
    And it's forth season actually.
  • Thanks for the help! :)

Third Space originally aired during the 4th season, not the 5th? Hmm, for some reason I was
    thinking the 5th season.

Sergei, you agree that it originally aired during the 4th season between "The Illusion of Truth"
    and "Atonement", correct?
  • I was doing some checking and it seems that Thirdspace originally aired on July 19, 1998.
    This would mean that it originally aired during the 5th season between "Movements of Fire and Shadow"
    and "The Fall of Centauri Prime". So it was the 5th season of Babylon 5 after all. :)

Now, the question is whether this was aired in the correct chronological order of the Babylon 5
    timeline or not. Apparently it was originally going to be aired in November of 1998, not July,
    but was moved up to July by the TNT execs to compensate the Babylon 5 fans who had to
    have the 5th season of Babylon 5 temporarily interrupted while sports playoffs were
    being aired in Babylon 5's normal time slot for a few months.

Anyone have any ideas on that?
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    According to the [url=http://www.midwinter.com/lurk/countries/us/guide/112.html]Lurker's Guide[/url]:

[quote]This story took place after the Shadow War, but before the declaration of war against Earth. That puts it between "Into the Fire" and "Moments of Transition."

Other clues allow it to be placed more precisely. It took place after "The Illusion of Truth" because that was the last time Zack wore his Earth Alliance uniform. Just after Zack was fitted with his new uniform in "Atonement," Delenn greeted Callenn and told him she'd be ready to leave for Minbar in one day, less than the amount of time elapsed in this story (Sheridan remarked to Trent that she'd had five days to examine the artifact.) It couldn't have taken place after "Atonement" since Dr. Franklin left in that episode before Delenn returned; the two of them weren't on the station at the same time again until after the declaration of war.

That puts "Thirdspace" between the first and second scenes of "Atonement" (a slight inconsistency since Callenn's ship can be seen to arrive in the opening shot, before Zack's fitting) unless Zack's visit to the Minbari tailors wasn't the first time he wore the uniform. If his visit was just an adjustment, possibly a result of being in fistfights in "Thirdspace," the story takes place between "The Illusion of Truth" and "Atonement." [/quote]

Air dates arn't necessarily a good indication of when a movie takes place in the Babylon 5 time line. You wouldn't claim that [i]In the Beginning[/i] took place between seasons 4 and 5, would you? :)
  • Thanks for the clarification, Biggles. :)