Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Babylon 5: Races At War

NorlionNorlion Earthforce Officer
Okay so "Star Wars: Empires at War" is comming out February 16th. I played the demo and it was great.

I want Babylon 5: Races At War!

Of course even if Petroglyph picked up the idea I wonder how hard it would be to get the rights to do it.

Comments

• It's LA property. You have a better chance of shaking hands with an Alien than that. If it's LA stuff too, the editors will be very poor and the moding tools will be worthless. The only game that was even reasonable that came with tools is the Jedi Knight Series. Everything else is extremly hard to mod. Everything for X-wing series, Jedi Knight I, and other games had to be made by users. The Battlefront mod interface was as worthless as the games itself.
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    Actually, EAW is pretty easy to mod, you should see what has been done to the demo.

Worf
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    Also, just because the tools supplied with a game are bad doesn't make it difficult, either. LA games of late have been very easy to mod quite effectively.
  • They couldn't pay me to play a new LA title because of many things they have done wrong to thier customers (IE Battlefront I and II support has been more than pathetic) I cannot belive I paid 100 dollars on thoes games. The first one was buggy as hell, and they never fixed it. The bugs followed into BFII and dispite they somewhat fixed the flight engine, they screwed up half of the gameplay options, and ships and troopers firing machine guns! They have a complete lack of respect for players anymore.
  • whitestar90whitestar90 Elite Ranger
    I'm actually looking forward to playing EAW, after playing the demo and using the mod that allows you use differents ships and to play as the empire has made me want to play the whole game now.
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    i'll probably get it. the other game i want to get at the moment is advent rising. it looks rather intriguing
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    You might want to read some reviews for Advent Rising first. :) I picked up a copy cheap in Singapore, much to my regret.
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    is it that bad?
  • BekennBekenn Sinclair's Duck
    I enjoyed it, though I definitely think it needed another six months of development time. The biggest offense would be the cut scenes, which look more like placeholders than final scenes, with clothes moving through bodies (and not in small, unnoticeable ways) all the time, and just generally very poor composition. Which is a shame, because there are some very well-done cut scenes that show what the rest should be like.

Gameplay, however, is awesome, with a few minor graphical nitpicks (I hate the way they do water), but overall very little to complain about.

Oh, yes: if you get it, get the PC version. Don't waste your time with the console version.
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    I quite liked the gameplay. The cutscenes were pretty awful. But what really disappointed me was the story, which is the main thing I bought it for. It felt like they had a good story, and gutted it.
    Bekenn: nothing will ever tempt me away from my pc to a console. at least, theres not been anything yet ;)

Biggles: well, i guess theres only one way to find out. tho given the state of my finances it might be a while:rolleyes:
  • BekennBekenn Sinclair's Duck
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Biggles [/i]
    [B]It felt like they had a good story, and gutted it. [/B][/QUOTE]

I concur. I get the very definite impression that there was going to be much more, and there probably were several more cut scenes made that had to be dropped when they got rid of levels here and there.

So, yeah, as I said earlier, six more months would have been a very good thing.

Loved the ending, though.