Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Battlestar Galactica Returns

Comments

• JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sanfam [/i]
    [B]I LIKES it!

Complete redemption has been achieved.

Spoiler: Sadly, next week's episode is going to be almost purely Sharon...ack. Just shoot me now. I can't put up with her as the focus for half a show...let alone the full run [/B][/QUOTE]

Wasn't a problem for me with all the naked copies on that Base Star...

Something about those Asian babes...

:D
  • RickRick Sector 14 Studios
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by JackN [/i]
    [B] Spoiler: I have a feeling the nuke is going to be used to take out the Pegasus eventually... There is still a LOTof resentment about how Cain dealt with civi's and even though she's dead, Peg's a target for revenge.

Just my thoughts anyway...

:) [/B][/QUOTE]

W R O N G ! ! :D

God, this episode KICKED FRAKKING ASS :)

-R.
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Space Ghost [/i]
    [B]Wow! Great episode!

Spoiler: I actually felt sorry for Commander Garner at the end of the episode. By the way, I wonder how Colonel Tigh will react to Adama being promoted over his head? [/B][/QUOTE]

Spoiler: Don't you remember the first episode of the season where Tigh is in the infirmary while Adama is in a coma and he says something to the effect of "Don't you dare die on me, old man. I never wanted command. that's your job"...(or something very similar).

Now, Tigh's WIFE on the other hand...

-R.
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Space Ghost [/i]
    [B]Wow! Great episode!

Spoiler: I actually felt sorry for Commander Garner at the end of the episode. By the way, I wonder how Colonel Tigh will react to Adama being promoted over his head? [/B][/QUOTE]

Spoiler: I also felt quite sad for him. He wasn't a bad guy...he just fell victim to poor circumstances, lack of experience, poor priorities. His loyalties were always in the right place, but he was not capable of understanding the needs of the battlefield. He was an engineer, after all.
  • Space GhostSpace Ghost Elite Ranger
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Rick [/i]
    [B] Spoiler: Don't you remember the first episode of the season where Tigh is in the infirmary while Adama is in a coma and he says something to the effect of "Don't you dare die on me, old man. I never wanted command. that's your job"...(or something very similar).

Now, Tigh's WIFE on the other hand...

-R. [/B][/QUOTE]

Sorry, I've missed a few episodes... I hope I haven't angered the gods. :vorlon: Thanks for the information by the way! :)
  • ArethusaArethusa Universal Cathode
    I agree. This was finally a return to form. God fuck SciFi if they ordered 20 episodes for season 3.

Spoiler: The only real thing that still bothers me is Lee and D. There's just nothing there to justify this relationship, and while it is salvagable (Lee has a pattern of attaching himself to faceless girls for a number of reasons), it still feels like a contrivance right now to keep things complicated. I didn't feel this way about Mal in Heart of Gold (which was, admittedly, and otherwise generally terrible episode).

I absolutely loved everything else. I was glad they resisted the temptation to make Garner inhumanly incompetent, and though it strayed close a few times, it was ultimately very well handled. I hope they deal with Lee's rather meteoric promotions, however. From the outside, between this and the now admiral, it looks like rampant nepotism. More grounds for separatist terrorism episodes, I suppose.

Baltar, unlike omgnuketiemepisode, was quite interesting here. And Six was elegantly written in. It's about time this show got back where it belongs.

Sanfam, you keep talking shit about Sharon, I think I'm'a throw down.
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    Spoilers for...that most recent episode: Spoiler: I almost forgot about the Apollo/De relationship. It did bug me how it really seemed baseless, but I think the overall quality of the episode allowed me to disregard it. I'm hoping that maybe they'll end up dropping it and moving on to genuinely interesting plot threads, as they seem to be doing.
  • WHYWHY Elite Ranger
    It was the Crimson Tide of BSG episodes: Pretty damned predictable, but enjoyable nonetheless.

At the very least, I don't hate Lee anymore.
  • Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    Yup enjoyed that one! Pretty much back on track after it.
    Spoiler: I almost thought this would be the episode where Pegasus takes off. I noticed there's a continuing hook for returning (to Caprica at least) and kicking some Cylon ass. Starbuck hasn't shelved that thought even since Cain...
    Would be a trip to see her gain the Beast for that trip... :D
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by JackN [/i]
    [B] Spoiler: I almost thought this would be the episode where Pegasus takes off. I noticed there's a continuing hook for returning (to Caprica at least) and kicking some Cylon ass. Starbuck hasn't shelved that thought even since Cain...
    Would be a trip to see her gain the Beast for that trip... :D [/B][/QUOTE]

Spoiler: I also have the feeling that [i]something[/i] is going to happen to the Pegasus. I see it getting blown up in a two-parter and or a season finale/premiere. The concept behind BSG is that one lone ship is protecting the entire fleet and while i liked the addition of the Pegasus, I don't see it surviving the whole series.
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    [Spoiler]I just knew Lee would end up in command of Pegasus as soon as Cain went ;)[/Spoiler]
    Spoiler: I don't think Roslin is out of the woods with that Cylon cure either...

On a different front, it would be interesting if the "Cylon" plan is the ressurection of "real" people as cylon dupes...

Sort of the Cylon way of determining who is worthy to survive... :D
  • [QUOTE] Sanfam, you keep talking shit about Sharon, I think I'm'a throw down. [/B][/QUOTE]

Amen brother, leave my baby alone!!!!!
    Helo? I'm sorry I tried to cave your skull in with a wrench that one time.
  • David of MacDavid of Mac Elite Ranger Ca
    Damn.

That was good. That was [i]really[/i] good.

[i]Damn.[/i]
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by David of Mac [/i]
    [B]Damn.

[i]Damn.[/i] [/B][/QUOTE]

Yes it was. This isn't a spoiler, so I'm gonna say it outright. There is way more to Baltar-Six than we know.

Spoiler: Also, if you watched carefully, we saw *2* new cylon models. One is, apparently, african...watch the Cafe closely... :)

-R.
    Ok, so...

Spoiler:
    Either Baltar is a Cylon unawares, or He and 6 exchanged something other than the usual during their involvement back on Caprica.

or both...

One thing is for sure, they are learning that they are getting to be too human...

Boxing the ones that get too independant is a sign of fear and paranoia, and now they can kill their own...

Very human of them indeed...
    [B]Damn.

[i]Damn.[/i] [/B][/QUOTE]

Agreed. Wow!

Spoiler: I love the idea of Baltar-Six... now [i]humans[/i] have a fifth column (of sorts)! I still think Pegasus is going to get cooked in the finale, though.
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Rick [/i]
    [B] Spoiler: Also, if you watched carefully, we saw *2* new cylon models. One is, apparently, african...watch the Cafe closely... :) [/B][/QUOTE]

Spoiler: Actually, we didn't see any new models, unless you count the baby. The black guy was the "Simon" model, who debuted in "The Farm" (though they didn't want to waste the actor's time just for crowd shots and a token role, so they just got a look-alike. I'm assuming this is the same reason we didn't see any Leobans, but I like to think the "real" reason is that other Cylons think he's as annoying and pretentious as humans do).

I'm assuming Lucy Lawless/Three is the other new Cylon you mention. She debuted in "Final Cut," as Colonial Fleet reporter D'anna Biers, along with a duplicate on Caprica

As for the Pegasus's fate in the next couple episodes... well, it was mentioned in the "Captain's Hand" podcast Spoiler: that the Lee-Commands-Pegasus story extends into the third season, and I don't see him as being in charge of a debris cloud.

By the way, everyone knows that "Lay Down Your Burdans" Part II is going to be a 90 minute special, right? Not this next episode, but the one after it.

EDITED for accuracy R.E. the source of Ron Moore's "Captain's Hand" remark.
    [B] Spoiler: As for the Pegasus's fate in the next couple episodes... well, I've heard from an RDM interview Spoiler: that the Lee-Commands-Pegasus story extends into the third season, and I don't see him as being in charge of a debris cloud.[/B][/QUOTE]

Then again, I [i]have[/i] been wrong a few times before... ;)
  • Spoiler: According to a study, a self-aware machine needs a childhood and in order to make an understanding and learning piece of tech, it needs to be given different senses, emotions and motives - and lots of time to practice. In my opinion, "the humanity's children" were badly out of practice and are now realizing that in fact it is themselves who are the sandbox bully.

P.S. The old cylon model planting a tree was so cute! :D
    Someone on the TrekBBS wondered about Spoiler: what those Centurions were thinking about their work. "Hey, isn't this the same crap the humans were making us do that got us to rebel in the first place? Brian the size of a planet, the strength to rip a space fighter in two, and we're [i]gardening.[/i]"

I admit, I enjoyed urban renewal on Cylon-Occupied Caprica, though.
  • Vorlons in my HeadVorlons in my Head The Vorlons told me to.
    Spoiler: According to RDM's blog the centurions are not sentient versions of the cylons so I doubt they'd get pissed of about mundane tasks like planting trees. Just highly sofisticated drones or something.

The Balter/Six mind reversal was such a great touch. I really wonder if that has been planned from the beginning or if it was just one of those things they ran along with but I loved it. One thing that is interesting is that the version of Six Baltar knew on Caprica is now much softer than the ball crusher that resides in his mind, even though its supposed to be the same consciousness. The same goes for Baltar, the version in her head appears to be very self secure and decisive unlike the real one. Perfect symmetry between the two sides

Did anyone notice how awesome the closeup CGI of the centurion in the parking lot was? They seem to have put a heck of a lot more detail into the closeup shots. It looked insanely lifelike.
    That episode was excellent. I'm glad my complaints can finally be limited to the lighting in one scene Spoiler: (the resurrection baths did not look good) and some rushed lines Spoiler: (Sharon, at the end, looked like she was expecting more takes when she said the bit about being alive).

Spoiler: I really, really enjoyed the reversal of Baltar and Six. Ridiculously enjoyable acting, and symmetry, here, is just brilliant.

I have to admit, though, I didn't enjoy having my hand held through some of the lines (early stuff, in the baths, explaining backstory, and the scene where Six cuts her face, specifically, but I'm guessing they were forced to do that by the producers).
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Arethusa [/i]
    [B] Spoiler: I have to admit, though, I didn't enjoy having my hand held through some of the lines (early stuff, in the baths, explaining backstory, and the scene where Six cuts her face, specifically, but I'm guessing they were forced to do that by the producers). [/B][/QUOTE]

Speaking as someone who has missed a few shows, it helped a little.
    [URL=http://azureus.sourceforge.net]azureus.sourceforge.net[/URL]

[url]www.torrentspy.com[/url]

[url]www.thepiratebay.org[/url]
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Vorlons in my Head [/i]
    [B] Spoiler: According to RDM's blog the centurions are not sentient versions of the cylons so I doubt they'd get pissed of about mundane tasks like planting trees. Just highly sofisticated drones or something. [/quote][/b]

Well, the old one's were sophisticated enough to rebel, so I doubt the new ones would be inferior mentally.

Unless, of course, the Cylons didn't decide to rebel on their own, but were taken as patsies by an outside force.

[quote][b] Spoiler: One thing that is interesting is that the version of Six Baltar knew on Caprica is now much softer than the ball crusher that resides in his mind, even though its supposed to be the same consciousness. The same goes for Baltar, the version in her head appears to be very self secure and decisive unlike the real one. Perfect symmetry between the two sides[/B][/QUOTE]

Spoiler: An idea I had was that the mental-versions of the two of them are actual parts of their minds that they "gave up," for want of a better term, when Baltar's house was demolished, both doing it on account of their feelings of guilt. Baltar's guilt forced him to push away his love of his people, whatever amount he possessed, and his feelings of control over his destiny. Six's guilt forced her to let go of her sense of duty and her devotion to doing whatever the Cylons wanted, no matter the cost. And, somehow, these aspects, instead of being repressed into their own minds, actually jumped ship and imprinted onto the other's. Sad part of it is, Six got Baltar's good instincts, and Baltar got Six's bad ones.

I hope they meet up one day, and work this through.
  • Good episode. I can only wounder where all plot lines are going?
  • StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    Spoiler: The Six in Baltar's head is also much stronger and confident than the real one on Caprica right now. This is a bit odd since she was such a cold assassin in the mini-series.

I guess the Cylon clones are not 1:1 copies and are flawed to a certain extent.

This episode (s2e18) opened a lot of new possibilities. I liked this one a lot.