Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Unscheduled Offworld Activation...

13»

Comments

• maxdamagemaxdamage Earthforce Officer
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Morden279 [/i]
    [B]I really liked SG-1 into at least series 5, especially when the Prometheus was launched. That battle sequence in the Antarctic was awesome. ;)

Still, I'm a poor Brit with terrestrial. I'm not even [i]close[/i] to seeing the new episodes... [/B][/QUOTE]

Never noticed the clothes thing but not seeing SG-1 for over 5 years can really cloud your memory in what happened....Only seen the first 4 seasons of SG-1.:( Well the spoilers are rather silly as I can just go over to the official website for Stargate and find out what happend after season 4.

maxdamage.
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    SG1:
    Spoiler: Weak. Weak. Weak.

Painfully average...though a sleepy me enjoyed the humor to some extent. The bugs just seemed kind of silly, being as they grew in numbers so quickly and just followed the cast wherever they went. There was no real urgency to anything, either, as no matter how close our heroes got to the bugs, they were never devoured like the poor base crew. Oh well...I'll probably just have to settle for this. Still better than Enterprise, though.

Atlantis
    Spoiler: Schweetness. Not great, but really good. It was all damned predictable, but I enjoyed almost all of it. Outside of Ronin's weak writing and character "training-pants," the entire cast functions very well together. I liked the return of the Genii, and wish to see more of them, hopefully featuring a newer benevolent regime of terror. Also, I mourn the loss of Colm Meany as a recurring guest star...hopefully he'll end up not-quite-dead. I really do love the guy in almost every role he plays.
  • RickRick Sector 14 Studios
    Maybe he'll return as a Cylon, Sanfam ;)

-R.
  • With the SG-1 bug episode I noticed the face of Laurel Takashima, i did not see the credits though might not have been her. She looks more mature now if it was.
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Rick [/i]
    [B]Maybe he'll return as a Cylon, Sanfam ;)[/B][/QUOTE]

You know, I'd actually like that. If I could, I'd worship him for being one of the best examples of great talent hidden within the TNG cast. And to think...he was just a lowly transporter chief for that show.
  • Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    Colm Meany is one of Irelands greatest actors yet rarely recieves any credit for it. His list of films/shows and the people he has worked with over the years is very impressive.

[Spoiler]Damn shame they killed him off. I felt he really carried the Genii threat. Seems to me the writers suddenly decided that the Genii needed to be put in the background regarding the main story thread. To be honest I felt that the whole Genii/Wraith threat was good as it put a different spin on things.[/Spoiler]

[Spoiler]Have seen the latest SG1. The previous one with Ba'al wasn't bad, enjoyed it actually. Left me wondering at the end though... how many Ba'al's have we got left now??? :D [/Spoiler]
  • David of MacDavid of Mac Elite Ranger Ca
    Re: SG-1's recent Goa'uld plot thread Spoiler: There's a lot of audacity in his plans, especially considering the large number of clones he's had to sacrifice. Which, of course, leads to the obvious question; where did he get the Ba'als to pull this off?
    [Spoiler]Well he has certainly showed a lot of Ba'als to date![/Spoiler]
    Well, I've had respect for him since I saw him on DS9. Ever since then, I've gone out of my way to watch that which he was involved in. The sad part is that it isn't much. His acting career outside of trek is rather limited.

It's still so amazing, though, to consider that he was relegated to the role of Enterprise Transporter Chief for so long...and that if it weren't for DS9, few would have known his true capacity. The writers also have to be thanked for making so many O'Brien-centered episodes. He just made the character feel so real.
  • RubberEagleRubberEagle What's a rubber eagle used for, anyway?
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sanfam [/i]
    [B]It's still so amazing, though, to consider that he was relegated to the role of Enterprise Transporter Chief for so long...and that if it weren't for DS9, few would have known his true capacity. The writers also have to be thanked for making so many O'Brien-centered episodes. He just made the character feel so real. [/B][/QUOTE]
    Actually, if i remember correctly, they wanted barcley as the engenier for DS9, but dwight schultz didn't want to commit to a series at the time... At least, that's what i read somewhere...
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    just watched that last SG1. [Spoiler]oh my god that sucked! yeah there was some good bits of humor, but it sucked! it was just one cliche after another. watching the ending there (on the 1st and probably only watching!) i was just counting down until they were beamed out. i was only out by half a second, it was that predictable![/Spoiler]
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sanfam [/i]
    [B]Well, I've had respect for him since I saw him on DS9. Ever since then, I've gone out of my way to watch that which he was involved in. The sad part is that it isn't much. His acting career outside of trek is rather limited.[/B][/QUOTE]

You need to watch his Irish stuff then :)
    But even that is a tad limited. Compared to most folk, he seems to be quite selective with the roles he picks. Selective in that he doesn't take many :p
    To be honest Sanfam IMDB is not going to list all the "small" Irish productions he's done. Heck I forget half the stuff he's been in over the years. Think he's do a fair bit of theatre as well back home.
    That is true. However, they do tend to be pretty thorough in off-stage performances.

Still, sucks for those of us not able to see him!
    Indeed. A similar actor is Brendan Gleeson but his career has gone skyward ever since staring along side Mel Gibson in Braveheart.

Anyway we digress from the main thread.

[Spoiler]Well what a lazy epsiode that was. For gods sake it looks likes the writers were watching "The Mummy" and suddenly thought 'hey lets have some alien scarab beetle types as a new threat and just say they came from the Ori'.... whopdibloodydo!!! I think they should play the Ba'al thread a bit more. Have him re-establish himself and hence a war on two fronts... him and the Ori v SG1. We're due a nice big space battle between Earth's finest two warships, Ba'al and the looming Ori fleet. But then again we'll need some substance to go along with that and not just fancy cgi.[/Spoiler]
    Spoiler: Well, it would more likely be a three-way conflict; Ba'al doesn't want anything do with the Orii, and SG-1 won't have anything to do with either of them.

One interesting idea I heard was that Ba'al hadn't changed his mind about fighting the Orii and just given up, but that Ba'al's clones had begun fractionalizing, and one group wanted to set up their own Stargate network, and one wanted to fight the Orii by brainwashing the jaffa government. It's a bit of a stunt, but Ba'al versus Ba'al could be something to see.
    So did any one see the Season 9 finale of SG1?

[Spoiler]It wasn't bad, though the pace of the first half of it was a tad slow. Left far too little time for the final few minutes of combat with the Ori ships.

So the question is, which 304 ship got taken out? Think its safe to say its the Odyssey.

I half expected Teal'c to go to Ba'al for help and not the Lucian Alliance (or however they spell it). Would appear that Ba'als story will continue with season 10. And the other question of course did the ship teal'c was in get toasted? And judging from the size of those Ori ships and their shields, they are damn powerful. Better find that old Ancient Weapon!!!

Was interesting to see John Noble aka Denetor from ROTK playing the leader of Camelot.[/Spoiler]
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    After seeing the cliffhanger for BSG, all I could do is shrug at SG-1's attempt.

Worf
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Falcon1 [/i]
    [B][Spoiler]So the question is, which 304 ship got taken out? Think its safe to say its the Odyssey.
    [/Spoiler] [/B][/QUOTE]

According to Gateworld (and this is an actual spoiler for season 10, albeit a rather minor one) Spoiler: The Korolov was destroyed. I think they might be mistaken on that, honestly, because of where the characters were at the time. And, if it was the Korolov, whatever saves Daniel and Mongo probably won't save Colonel Checkov, who is, you know, cool. I hope he isn't killed off.