Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Just a quick pulse check

First off, Hi to everyone on the team and congratulations and thanks on the work done so far.

Secondly, is there going to be anymore content release? Maybe I should take a hint from the level of activity both here and on the website but, what the hell, I figure I'll try and get someone to reply at least. If you still check here that is.

Thanks again!

Comments

• Warlord IIWarlord II Earthforce Officer
    I check forum from time to time but as you can see there probably won't be more releases. Newest post in Dev forum is a year old.

For example Indie who is one of the Buda5 founding members "disappeared" over a year ago (=stopped posting). Probably busy real life. Same with couple other members. I went to military service spring 2004 and couldn't script and after that six months service I haven't scripted. Honestly I'm not going to do it alone, I mean we had some plans for campaign but it's not a task for one person.

Currently I'm looking into [URL=http://ifh.firstones.com]B5: IFH[/URL] scripting since with the new update it's possible to make custom missions. Currently it's not possible to make custom campaign to IFH according to Renderer (leader) but maybe in future. IFH also includes Skirmish similar to my Buda5 mod among other things.

EDIT: this comes late but it's better than not at all. I stress that I don't speak for whole group but these days it seems that there is no group, only silence. Maybe someday...
  • No prob, any reply is better than none.

Thanks for the heads up and no need to list your reason. Great work like this, for free, is never something to complain about. Again, congrats on what you got done and I wish you all the best. Looking forward to anything you do for IFH. Its a very cool engine.
  • I still check this board every now and then too.

Iam really tapped out cause of my studies, but if I had time to look into modding/scripting Id rather look into X³ now than into I-War 2.

I created some B5 ship graphics for Galactic Civilizations, a pretty decent turn based strategy game ([url]http://www.galciv.com[/url]) and am looking forward to GalCiv 2 (3D Ships instead of sprites/bitmaps) in that regard.

both IFH as well as the Freespace 2 B5 Total Conversion are pretty sweet imo. however flight controls and the way the combat feels is still not that what Id expect from B5.
  • Re: Just a quick pulse check

Hi ...
    I'm doing the same thing. Looking to see if there is any life in this Independence war community.
    I played the first game a long time ago, and stumbled onto Independence War 2
    on Amazon as a used item. It arrived a few days ago and Im hooked.
    Ive been looking at how you can mod this game and that it uses Light wave 3D files in the making of the ships. I'm reeeely in to this seeing I use Light Wave in my work.
    If anyone is out there that is still moding this game, give me a shout.
  • btw there is some modding going on for X³ the return

they are adding lots of new ships to it from Wing Commander, Star Wars. Star Trek and Babylon 5.

so far only the Starfury is done for B5, but they are working on more B5 ships.

[url]http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=126698&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0[/url]
  • @Rand al'Thor: Warlord already said it. No further releases are planned (unless someone will continue the work :) ).

@Fireball: What I don't like at X² is the "non-existent inertial system" for the ships. That was one reason that I wasn't interested in modding this game. I don't know if the physics are better in X³?

@Klane2: Unfortunately our modeller wasn't here in the forums since the strong hurricans in south USA (he comes from there). I haven't heard anything from him since that time.
  • good to see that you are still arround Roi. :)

X³ has a more realistic physic engine, but its still not the same as in I-War. you can fly up/down and sidewards. but you cant accelerate, then stop your engine, turn and keep flying into the same direction. however I think you can mod that aspect too if you want (tho it would probably screw up the autopilot AI).
  • @Roi Danton: I think x3: reunion should be able to handle some inertial modding. there is already a little drift when manuvering at high speeds, and i suspect that if one were to play with the numbers one could get it to do just about anything. also, i could be wrong, but i do not think that x3 has quite the same ship and race slots limitation that x2: the threat did.

also, i have been folowing a few other mods LogicSequence has been invloved with, and am afraid he has dossappeared from there as well. he did great work, i already miss seeing it in the mod sceen.
  • anyone know where I can get low-poly models of B5 ships? most sites that used to have B5 Ship Models are non-existant now. I have some high poly models, but those are too complex to add to games.

3DS, Max or Blender files would be best.
  • ignore the post above. got all I need now.