Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Guild Wars

2»

Comments

• Quit Fish Speakers because my friend and guild leader hasn't logged on in two weeks now, and started Servants of Mecha-Lenin (SoML). :)
  • C_MonC_Mon A Genuine Sucker
    My guild hasn't been as active as before...might be because it's summer and alot have gone on vacaitions and some just taking a brake. The rest of us have been playing BF2 demo. :)
  • I'm currently working on finishing the game with my N/Mo20 (actually, I've stopped playing her for whatever reason), and building up a W/Mo (so good!) and an E/R (the build featured in [URL=http://guildwars.ws/]this[/URL] farming guide--watch the first video; Mist Form is amazing), so I'm going to hold off on buying the 15k armor until either Arenanet regains its senses and removes all the anti-farming bullshit they've recently implemented and I can afford it for all my characters, or all three are L20 and I can see who will be the better PvPer.
    yeah...Anet talked something about making it easier for PvPers in the next update....hopefully it'll come soon. The rune trader didn't help much because you need alot of gold for that and some don't like to farm for gold all day to buy a rune and then next day make a new build for PvP and needs another rune.

Oh, and the problem with mistform is that it only protects against physical damage. When I've had people beating me with swords that do elemental damage the damage has gone right through.
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by C_Mon [/i]
    [B]yeah...Anet talked something about making it easier for PvPers in the next update....hopefully it'll come soon. The rune trader didn't help much because you need alot of gold for that and some don't like to farm for gold all day to buy a rune and then next day make a new build for PvP and needs another rune.[/b][/quote]You can't farm. Because they want their game to have no grind (ie. no way to acquire wealth to pay for 60k worth of armor), they implemented algorithms that cause creatures to drop fewer and fewer good items the more times you kill them (ie. farming a specific spot), resulting in a period of several hours in which no creature will drop anything. They've also nerfed every single farming spot that people have found, including the flesh golems, ettins, hill giants, zealots, and drakes.

I'm not a hardcore farmer by any estimation, but I do enjoy being able to [b]afford things[/b], and I do, from time to time, enjoy rune farming. ANet's solution was not to fix their damaged economy, which is the primary source of the problem, but instead to destroy any means of acquiring wealth for expensive items--without reducing the prices of those items! They even introduced Rune traders and made runes more rare, which is incredibly counter-productive.

[quote][b]Oh, and the problem with mistform is that it only protects against physical damage. When I've had people beating me with swords that do elemental damage the damage has gone right through. [/B][/QUOTE]I know, but have you ever used it in PvP? The average 4 Warrior 4 Monk team doesn't have a chance against it. Particularly with that build--all AoE spells.
    The last spot I farmed for runes was Tengu Elites outside fishermen's haven, but now they've changed it so that there's allways a mesmer in the groups that removes enchantments like mist form and otherstuff that made it easier to farm. Also they don't drop shit anymore.

As a guild member said, Anet wants people away from farming on their own so they play more the missions and quests in groups so outposts won't be empty with people to help new people to the game.

The only place I like anymore to go to explore is Fissure of Woe or Underworld, there are some nice quests and new kind of creatures. But mostly I want to play PvP, but really annoying when I don't have all skills.

And as for mist form, I don't really have problems to stay alive against Warriors in Tombs because our guild got atlest 3 monks allways in the team and they usally are really good to heal. What we loose against are spike damage from elementalists and mesmers shuting down our monks. My latest Monk/Warrior I used in the arena could keep herself alive aslong as the were no mesmers or necros. :)
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Anla'Shok Douglas Nicol [/i]
    [B]I've got it, playing a 10th level Warrior/Mesmer named Aleksandr Kerensky (sue me I'm a Battletech fan). [/B][/QUOTE]
    I thought I saw you online today and I wanted to talk...but it was someone completly else...soo what's your real GW name? :)
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by C_Mon [/i]
    [B]I thought I saw you online today and I wanted to talk...but it was someone completly else...soo what's your real GW name? :) [/B][/QUOTE]

That's my characters name. BTW, are Firstones setting up a guild? I'm thinking in leaving the one i'm in, we have a grand total of ....THREE members. Wow!!
  • TycoTyco Ranger Texas
    After seeing this topic expand, I decided to try it out. I'm currently just a N/W8... In Old Ascalon. Tycho Arakins.
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Anla'Shok Douglas Nicol [/i]
    [B]That's my characters name. BTW, are Firstones setting up a guild? I'm thinking in leaving the one i'm in, we have a grand total of ....THREE members. Wow!! [/B][/QUOTE]
    Yeah well, that's the problem...I copy/pasted you character name and I talk to someone who didn't even know what firstones.com is. :)

And I don't think there will be a firstones guild because we would not have enough people to do any GvG and fun stuff like that. If you want to join a open guild that got quite alot of members, join The Foundation Edge [TFE]...it's a guild we use to see who are not rude and just pisses everyone off before we accept them to our real guild "The Foundation" [TF]. Just tell me here who wants to join and I'll invite you.
  • Servants of Mecha-Lenin guild also has only three members, so I think I might join up, as well, once I start playing GW regularly again.
  • I just posted this on my geek-group's forums:

I'm becoming rather disillusioned with Guild Wars, thanks in no small part to Arena Net's extremely counterintuitive attempts at solving the problems with the in-game economy. The game was fun at first, but I'm discovering increasingly that there's just not enough depth; I'm four missions from the end of the game, and I haven't played regularly in two weeks, because there is no incentive whatsoever to beat those missions. Once I'm done, there is nothing for me to do. I can't farm for good items or gold, because ANet recently set in place an algorithm that reduces the amount of gold and items you recieve the more you kill, to the point that it is possible to become incapable of finding loot for as much as a day. I could go back and beat old missions, but I would literally get 0xp--and now that I've reached the Level 20 cap, all I gain from levelling up is a single skill point. I'm not even terribly interested in the PvP system.

What this boils down to is that, unless each expansion is significantly larger than the actual game, I'll be paying almost as much for expension packs (theoretically at three-month intervals) that only keep my playing for a month at the most, as I would be for any MMO. With this in mind, I'm giving WoW a try, courtesy of [a friend]'s guest pass.

Pray for me.
    Have you played through Underworld and Fissure of Woe in GW yet? There's something to do for the bored person. And I think the algoritm thing is only for explorable areas because I got no problem finding loot in the mission I farm. Also, there's an update coming this summer with some new big explorable area.

But I also want to try out WoW again...I can't afford to buy it and I won't have time to play it as much as I would like in the 2 months that comes pre-payed in the game package.
  • The one time I entered the Underworld, I died a horrible and painful death.

It's not enough content, regardless--WoW has over 2,000 quests. How many did GW have? 25 missions, maybe thirty or forty quests in Ascalon, four or five in the Jungle, a dozen out of Lion's Arch, and a dozen more before the end of the game. You can complete every single one of those in fifty hours, which is far less playtime than I would expect of any RPG, and particularly of an MMORPG.

GW is a fun game, and I'm definetely not giving up on it, but I want to [i]do[/i] something, and more importantly, I want there to be some greater goal, something to work for other than 60k worth of armor with no added benefits and the end of the game.
    how many of you still play? how many bought GW: Factions?
  • Pixel_DonkeyPixel_Donkey Earthforce Officer
    Nearly every WoW quest is the same, go and kill 15 Boars, go kill 25 harpies etc.

I play wow but it does get repetitive. I've had Guildwars since it was released and I played till I reached level 15. I patched it again last week. I am tempted to play again but I would have to start agian to pickup where I left off I think :)
  • Not me, I've been more absorbed in Battlefield 2 now. I haven't even bought Guild Wars:Factions.
  • A2597A2597 Fanboy
    I'm concidering getting Fractions at some point...

still have QuiQuag...lvl 20 W/Ne, and then my Mo/W

and my E/Me, and my Mesmur which doesn't have a secondary yet...lol
    I'm playing as much as I used to. I got my old Ele and Monk that are lvl 20, and for factions I've made two new characters and they are lvl 20 also. Also, if you got a character that is 12 month old ( you can check it by typing the /age emote in the chat bar) you get a gift containing a minipet.
  • TycoTyco Ranger Texas
    I pre-ordered my copy of Factions... and played a day before release. Really enjoy the expansion... much better in my opinion versus the original. Am currently a level 14ish Ritualist/Assassin...