Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Can you guess?

JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
[URL=http://www.psychobabyl.com/misc/shop/MPSU.htm]Mystery PSU[/URL]

Comments

• PSI-KILLERPSI-KILLER Needs help
    Those are some big ass caps.... My guess is a system for powering those old tape data recorders that were on those big reels. Like the ones you see in old movies.
  • JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
    Good guess, but nope...

Although you are very warm

:)
  • Vorlons in my HeadVorlons in my Head The Vorlons told me to.
    The digital logo is a give away. Its the PSU for a rackmount system, most likely some 90's era DEC Alpha server.
    Yeah, it looks similar to models I worked with a long time ago. They were modular units with reduntant power supplys on each box. You then stacked servers, tapes, and storage units or whatever to those PSU's.
    Close... A little more vintage though...
  • TycoTyco Ranger Texas
    If I'm not mistaken... I think I have something VERY freaking simluar to that in my closet. Kind of played with it like a monkey doing a math problem (still has its guts) and it's been long forgotten until now.
  • TyvarTyvar Next best thing to a St. Bernard
    Is it a tape unit for a DEC VAX? Since you said it had something to do with tapes and stuff, All in all Im pretty certain its a DEC VAX rackmount, except, all the VAX gear Ive ever seen is grey, not black, so I am kinda curious as to what model it is.
  • Entil'ZhaEntil'Zha I see famous people
    I know, I know, its the power supply to the pump of a Co2 laser! yeah yeah thats it!
    OK I give up. Why don't you just tell us what it is ok? :D Or provide some higher rez images so we can cheat and see some model numbers.
    Salvaged PSU from a PDP-11...

This one supplied the logic boards and stuff.

I have another one from the same unit (different rack level) that supplied the disk drives and controller etc.

:)

You should have seen the huge Hard Disk that was in this thing...

:D

Wife wouldn't allow me to haul that out here from CA though... Didn't work anymore anyway...

;)