Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Our Seti@Home team needs to be updated!

croxiscroxis I am the walrus
[url]http://setiathome.berkeley.edu/team_display.php?teamid=30888[/url]

So, anyone know who cactushead is? ;)

Comments

• Random ChaosRandom Chaos Actually Carefully-selected Order in disguise
    From what I understand, he's not been around in over 5 years, and he was on the Sierra forums not on Firstones.
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    Hate to start a new group and lose all that time...
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    He was here for a short while, I believe. Certainly one of the FirstOnes, though.
  • Entil'ZhaEntil'Zha I see famous people
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sanfam [/i]
    [B]He was here for a short while, I believe. Certainly one of the FirstOnes, though. [/B][/QUOTE]

i remember him being here, briefly,

woo hoo, i'm up near the top i need to get it working again on my machine at home, i really am not too fond of the BONIC client. i liked the old one. ahh well what can you do.
    Yes, I strongly dislike that you can't set the new client to "screensaver only" - it disrupts games greatly even in it's lowest CPU usage mode becuase it's always running. Thus I turn it off for games, and often forget to turn it back on.
    Oh, Croxis, what needs updating about the Seti@Home team?
    Website and description!
  • Entil'ZhaEntil'Zha I see famous people
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Random Chaos [/i]
    [B]Yes, I strongly dislike that you can't set the new client to "screensaver only" - it disrupts games greatly even in it's lowest CPU usage mode becuase it's always running. Thus I turn it off for games, and often forget to turn it back on. [/B][/QUOTE]

I actually mentioned that i didnt much like the new clinet when i gave them money.

all i got was a "thanks for giving us your money" oh well.
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by croxis [/i]
    [B]Website and description! [/B][/QUOTE]

It's had that description since I joined it in 2000, which was already a couple years after the game was canceled.
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    Yeah, but in 2000 we were still live and kicking. I dont think the seti team started dying until 2002..
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    [Necromancer mode]So, I actually downloaded the client today, and have started crunching and stuff, and I just wanted to ask if we got a firstones one going, or if I should join the ITF one?[/Necromancer mode]
    Hmm, good question. Do our users start over from scratch or does it move all our previous work hours over?
  • PJHPJH The Lovely Thing
    Cactus was here for some time yeah, but haven't seen him in years. I never liked Boinc client either. The old client was much better and in many ways much more attractive as well.

You won't lose anything if you change group. You are registered to Seti system, not any particular group when you join.

- PJH
  • C_MonC_Mon A Genuine Sucker
    I say meh about seti. Go for wcg instead. :)
    SETI@Home is ending. This is one of the longest running this our community had participated in. I'll post a screenshot of the group page tomorrow!

By the way. I found cactushead! He is in our chat/discord/thing!
  • CactusheadCactushead Earthforce Officer beyond the rim
    sorry guys I was beyond the rim for a while ;)

as you probably know the SETI project is not running at the moment but they have left open the possibility of eventually resuming volunteer computing using data from other radio telescopes.