Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Xtra! Xtra! Read all about it !! JMS & B5

In BetweenIn Between The Ultimate Lurker
Seems that something may be going on:

[url]http://www.bureau42.com/view/3471[/url]

Comments or intel ??

Comments

• Entil'ZhaEntil'Zha I see famous people
    Re: Xtra! Xtra! Read all about it !! JMS & B5

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by In Between [/i]
    [B]Seems that something may be going on:

[url]http://www.bureau42.com/view/3471[/url]

Comments or intel ?? [/B][/QUOTE]

Once more, i hate to keep saying it, but i'll believe it when i see it, too many dissapointments over the years.
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    Old news =P

Check the B5 forum and the news forum
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    New babylon 5 episodes is not old news, the short films are also mentioned..
    I think the short films and the episodes are the same thing.
  • Entil'ZhaEntil'Zha I see famous people
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by croxis [/i]
    [B]I think the short films and the episodes are the same thing. [/B][/QUOTE]

{Kosh voice} Yes {/kosh Voice}
    Are you sure? I thought the short films wouldnt be centered around the old cast..
    Nope, the short films are the ones centered around the old cast, sans 2.
  • Vorlons in my HeadVorlons in my Head The Vorlons told me to.
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by croxis [/i]
    [B]Nope, the short films are the ones centered around the old cast, sans 2. [/B][/QUOTE]

Well likely they wouldn't feature him any way but sans 3. Zathras say do not forget Zathras. Poor Zathras.
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    I think it might be best just to declare B5 dead. The lack of G'Kar and the doc are pretty severe marks against it... They were critical to completing the formula, to making the chemistry between the cast work. And we can't just write them out! We know the future. I suppose this is the downside of foresight and forward-planning: If something in the real-world goes wrong, your entire plot is at risk.
    aye. doesn't mean something else can't happen in the universe, but *sigh*the loss of such talent.....

Don't Smoke.
    Indeed. The world has been lessened by the departure of them.
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    I don't think I'll ever understand the obsession with "needing more." B5 ran its 5 years. It was very very good. Don't dilute it by making more that can't live up to the original.
  • StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    I wouldn't mind seeing more of the station... like a special edition, like George Lucas did with more or less success. While the CGI was ok back then, it doesn't age very well.

I do miss those that went beyond the rim, but nobody is irreplaceable. I thought Lochley did a fine job in season 5 and even though I missed Ivanova, I liked Tracy's performance at least as much. :)

Andreas made a remarkable character with G'Kar and he will probably not be so easily replaced. Most actors who played Narn "heavies" were great actors with lots of charisma.

As for the doctor, well, Richard did a fine job and his character did grow on you over time, but I liked DeForest Kelley's characterization of Dr. McCoy from ST:TOS much better. The same goes for the doc on the new BSG, he's the cool customer that you'd expect a doctor to be, who's seen it all and who doesn't stress out so easily. Biggs played him as if he were in it over his head, and that's not what a doctor should be. Well, in IMHO anyway.

I haven't read any of the B5 books, somehow I don't know if I should, because all I know about B5 I saw on TV. While I'd love to know more about the psycorp or the technomages, I'm not sure it's going to be the same as on TV (it might be more detailled I guess).
  • Vorlons in my HeadVorlons in my Head The Vorlons told me to.
    There's plenty to still explore in the B5 universe. It was big enough to have tons of possible story lines that can go on without most of the original cast. Most of the story directly involving the original cast has come to an end. We know what happens to most of them.
  • StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    Oh, and Zathras, yes, he became the mascot of B5. Another great character gone. :o

I agree, the B5 universe is so rich, there are many more stories to tell and I've been really pissed that JMS wasn't able to pull it off for whatever reason. It's just sad that so much time was wasted. I haven't seen or read any of his other works, except some "Murder, She Wrote" episodes, which I won't admit in public. :D

It was an accident.... ;)
  • ArethusaArethusa Universal Cathode
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Biggles [/i]
    [B]I don't think I'll ever understand the obsession with "needing more." B5 ran its 5 years. It was very very good. Don't dilute it by making more that can't live up to the original. [/B][/QUOTE]
    No, that is understandable. You may've seen why it was a bad idea from the beginning, but it's at least not difficult to understand why others don't. What I [i]really[/i] don't get is why anyone isn't the least bit cautious about this stuff after we got what we asked for with Legend of the Rangers, and got it good and hard.
  • I think anything is possable. You could bring back Michael O'hare to do some Valen storys. You woudn't need to know anything about the orginal B5. You would basicly have a story with no Humans in it. You really could not do anymore stories envolving B5 though it is finished.
    Yes! If they do the story about Valen it will be good! :D