Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Galactica

WORFWORF The Burninator
It's back!

I've not seen the episode yet but it won't be long :)

Worf

Comments

• WHYWHY Elite Ranger
    I have to say, wow.
  • bobobobo (A monkey)
    Yeah, wow. They're really messing with some of the characters this season.
  • Vorlons in my HeadVorlons in my Head The Vorlons told me to.
    That was uhm, insane. I'm speechless.
    They really went all out with that premiere. I'm pretty sure every single guest star that has ever appeared in the show made an appearance.

[/stan and kyle voice] oh my gods! They killed Spoiler: DUCK!!!
  • David of MacDavid of Mac Elite Ranger Ca
    Well, that was a hard two hours. I almost couldn't believe I was watching new Galactica, at first, but I feel that way with every season premiere, especially when there's a format difference.

I'm looking forward to the next two weeks episode, Exodus Pts. I & II. I'm assuming that, shall we say, the shit is going to go down, and all this set-up will have some fantastic cathartic release.
    Anybody want to take bets on how the cliff hanger gets resolved? :D

Spoiler: The centurions in the firing line are probably the same ones that attacked the landing party just before. Adama revealed the centurions are programmed to not be able to distinguish between the different human models. I bet ya the newly reinstated Lt. Boomer reordered them to exectute the other cylons instead and leave the prisoners alone.
    Spoiler: Or, maybe the rest of the NCP felt the same way as Jammer, and they all gunned down the Centurions. On thing's for sure; while Laura can't die (due to that whole "No headlines saying 'McDonnel' leaving BSG" thing), I'll be irritated if they kill Zarak after he's started to act in a moral fashion.
  • SpiritOneSpiritOne Magneto ABQ NM
    Spoiler: I really enjoyed the exchanges between Zarek and Laura. Him admitting that maybe this was a shitty idea.

edited to include spoiler tags, less i get myself in trouble.
  • StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    Spoiler: ...Nothing To Read, Move Along!... :D
  • RubberEagleRubberEagle What's a rubber eagle used for, anyway?
    I kinda wasn't too excited about the new season in the last few weeks, don't know why...
    And now having to wait a week for the next episode seems almost like torture...
    Spoiler: Well, I'm pretty sure that Roslin hasn't been killed. There was the whole thing with "There's going to be a kiss between Roslin and someone you don't epect this season"-thing, and, of course, they said explicitly that she's not gonna die. But i don't think that those Centurions have been sent by Caprica-Boomer, since the Dean Stockwell Cylon didn't look surprised at their arrival.
    Spoiler: The centurions were not sent by c-boomer. They are the ones that Cavil ordered over as he was obviously expecting them. I'm sure the surprise is going to be that he's not aware that on their way over to the execution site they likely had their orders, lets say modified by a certain Boomer. That droplet of info from Adama about the centurion programing was not done out casually. It was so done for that scene. You'll see, hehe
    That was a fun moment in the podcast.

Spoiler: "So, we this little bit of exposition slipped in there about the Centurions. Its there to explain how Sharon just walked into the Cylon headquarters to steal the launch keys... which doesn't happen in tonight's episodes. Oops"
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    That cliffhanger makes me wish I had waited until next week to watch it.

Worf
    Considering the name of next week's episode ends with "Part I," you might extend that to two weeks.
  • Hey I was just wondering how you use the spoiler tag, cause I checked the faq but it doesnt say and I wanted to drop my own two cents on this discussion. Thanks.
    {spoiler}message {/spoiler}

Replace {} for []
  • Space GhostSpace Ghost Elite Ranger
    Wow... just... WOW! Spoiler: Anyone get the feeling (or know from the podcast, as I haven't listend to it) that the occupation of New Caprica has a lot in common with the war in Iraq? Suicide bombers, home-grown police being targeted, "insurgents", etc; all made me think of Iraq... which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

IMHO, that was one of the best season openers I have ever seen.

P.S. Spoiler: "Get your fat-ass out of my office!" ;)
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Space Ghost [/i]
    [B]Wow... just... WOW! Spoiler: Anyone get the feeling (or know from the podcast, as I haven't listend to it) that the occupation of New Caprica has a lot in common with the war in Iraq? Suicide bombers, home-grown police being targeted, "insurgents", etc; all made me think of Iraq... which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

IMHO, that was one of the best season openers I have ever seen.

P.S. Spoiler: "Get your fat-ass out of my office!" ;) [/B][/QUOTE]
    Spoiler: For that reason, this was probably the heaviest (in so many ways :D ) season opener I've ever seen. It reminded us that in the right (and at the same time so very, very wrong) circumstances anyone of us could take such desperate measures.

Viva la resistance!

Edit: Spoiler: ...but who the hell built those trucks and why?! Where did they get gasoline?
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Eclecticonaut [/i]
    [B]Edit: Spoiler: ...but who the hell built those trucks and why?! Where did they get gasoline? [/B][/QUOTE]

Spoiler: The trucks were probably on one of the ships in the fleet, maybe a cargo ship transporting them between colonies when the Cylons first attacked?

As for gasoline, that too was probably on the same ship as the trucks themselves, assuming that's what powers them.

Worf
    Spoiler: And its not just Iraq, but pretty much every occupation in history its based on. You can find just as many allusions to the Nazi occupation of France as you can with Iraq.
    The suicide bombing and some elements have a resemblance to current events but overall its the story of occupation throughout history. Most of the similarities are really to Nazi occupation and the Vichy government. The harsh retaliations are meant to resemble more typical Nazi style rule very similar to when Rainhard Heidrich was assassinated in Czechoslovakia. Everyone knows that the attack will bring upon extreme vengeance but they go through with it anyway.
  • RickRick Sector 14 Studios
    Damn, you iTUNES! Post it already!!!!

(I'm cable-less at the moment...ack.)

-R.
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Rick [/i]
    [B]Damn, you iTUNES! Post it already!!!!

(I'm cable-less at the moment...ack.)

-R. [/B][/QUOTE]

*cough*BT*cough*
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by RubberEagle [/i]
    [B]*cough*BT*cough* [/B][/QUOTE]

lmao! when i first read that, i thought u meant BT as in british telecom!:D
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ShadowDancer [/i]
    [B]lmao! when i first read that, i thought u meant BT as in british telecom!:D [/B][/QUOTE] maybe i did :vorlon:
  • Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    Some one said WOW earlier to the opening episodes. I'd like to 2nd that WOW with my own WOW... WOW! This season is gonna be nuts for sure. Superb opener, real knife edge stuff.
  • JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
    Next Friday's clip was interesting...

Baltar asks Six...

"You mean I'm a Cylon?"

;)

Been waiting for that one for a bit...

:D
    That wasn't the next episode teaser. It was for the top half of the season as a whole. So we're going to have to wait a few more weeks for Baltar's identity crisis.

Though I have a sneaking suspicion it's like when Boomer sarcastically said "I'm a Cylon" in a conversation in season one, and it was stuck in ads (and, eventually, recaps) as if she were admitting the truth about her nature. Or how Star Trek: Voyager would have Seven of Nine state that she was going to return to the Borg in several episodes, just so it could go into the ad.

I think it'd be a cop-out if Baltar ended up being a Cylon. Same with Ellen (which, thankfully, is now pretty much impossible).
    Making Baltar a cylon would be such a huge cop-out and pretty much pull the entire foundation of the story from right under it. Its not going to happen... I hope
    Well its in. All the hoopla and advertising and the premiere got... a rather pathetic 1.8 rating, which is likely going to just keep dropping. Enjoy season 3, this will be its last.
  • StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Vorlons in my Head [/i]
    [B]Well its in. All the hoopla and advertising and the premiere got... a rather pathetic 1.8 rating, which is likely going to just keep dropping. Enjoy season 3, this will be its last. [/B][/QUOTE]

I don't remember the rating B5 got during its original airing, but JMS managed to get 5 seasons done and BSG is at least as good in quality.

I'd blame the delayed start of the new season as prime reason why people missed the 3rd season's premiere.

The season opener just blew me away. This show keeps on topping itself every season.