Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

If I got a dog...

Rogue TraderRogue Trader Somebody stop him...
what should I name it?

Comments

• Entil'ZhaEntil'Zha I see famous people
    my wife wants to get a used dog, and name it D.O.G (pronounced Deogee)
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    depends what sort of dog you're getting. calling a german sheppard 'trigger' would be more appropriate than for a scottie dog
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ShadowDancer [/i]
    [B]depends what sort of dog you're getting. calling a german sheppard 'trigger' would be more appropriate than for a scottie dog [/B][/QUOTE]

But that would be funny!
  • Space GhostSpace Ghost Elite Ranger
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ShadowDancer [/i]
    [B]depends what sort of dog you're getting. calling a german sheppard 'trigger' would be more appropriate than for a scottie dog [/B][/QUOTE]

I'm gonna have to agree. You don't want to name a rottweiler "Fluffy" or "Cupcake".

Though, if you get a basset hound you have to name it "Chubs" or something similar... it's the law. ;)
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Entil'Zha [/i]
    [B]my wife wants to get a used dog, and name it D.O.G (pronounced Deogee) [/B][/QUOTE]

Ha. My uncle had a dog named D.O.G. for years.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Space Ghost[/i]
    [B]I'm gonna have to agree. You don't want to name a rottweiler "Fluffy" or "Cupcake". [/B][/QUOTE]

What about giant three headed rottweilers?
  • Data CrystalData Crystal Pencil Artist
    K-9!
  • FreejackFreejack Jake the Not-so-Wise
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Space Ghost [/i]
    [B]Though, if you get a basset hound you have to name it "Chubs" or something similar... it's the law. ;) [/B][/QUOTE]

Our Basset is Roscoe...the great thing about Bassets is there is a whole host of great names, ranging from the famous (Flash, from the Dukes of Hazzard) to the ironic (we had thought about Bullet).

Jake
  • DaxDax Redshirt
    J. D. (Just Dog)
    < / Dead Like Me reference >
  • Space GhostSpace Ghost Elite Ranger
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Akrovah [/i]
    [B]What about giant three headed rottweilers? [/B][/QUOTE]

Cerberus. ;)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Freejack [/i]
    [B]Our Basset is Roscoe...the great thing about Bassets is there is a whole host of great names, ranging from the famous (Flash, from the Dukes of Hazzard) to the ironic (we had thought about Bullet).[/B][/QUOTE]

I was never much of an animal person but I LOVE Bassets. Good natured, reasonable sized, and non-yippie. An all around good dog in my opinion.

Roscoe fits as a name for a Basset. The reason I said Chubs is because my girlfriend's neighbor has one named that. He's fat and his you-know-what drags on the ground. :D

But, there is something to be said for an ironic name, though.
  • CiberCiber Earthforce Officer
    Cupcake!!!!!! or fluffy!!!
  • Johnson
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    if i ever get a hideous, huge, vicious beast pet, i'm naming it something like either "Cuddles" or "Bob"
    * Random_Chaos gives Biggles a pet Rancor
    * Biggles names it "Bobbles"
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    Now I want a puppy :(
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    Name is Hund, its Swedish for dog.
  • C_MonC_Mon A Genuine Sucker
    Our dog is called Fluffy.
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Entil'Zha [/i]
    [B]my wife wants to get a used dog, and name it D.O.G (pronounced Deogee) [/B][/QUOTE]

thats my college pastors dog's name. :)

Friendliest dog ever. :)
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Biggles [/i]
    [B] if i ever get a hideous, huge, vicious beast pet, i'm naming it something like either "Cuddles" or "Bob"
    * Random_Chaos gives Biggles a pet Rancor
    * Biggles names it "Bobbles" [/B][/QUOTE]

Bob! Bob bob bob! you cant go wrong with bob!
  • Vorlons in my HeadVorlons in my Head The Vorlons told me to.
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Data Crystal [/i]
    [B]K-9! [/B][/QUOTE]

If you watched South Park you'd know that if you have a cat and dog you should name the cat Kit-9 and the dog K-10.
  • JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
    37 years ago I had a German Sheppard named Ranger...

wow... that was a long time ago...

I still miss Jaco and Shultz sorely...

I know someone near here who has a toy Poodle called Pickles...

:p
    some friends of my folks have a poodle that was crossed with a labrador: a labradoodle :rolleyes:
    cannibal or assasin or cuttie pie?
  • HasdrubalHasdrubal Earthforce Officer
    Get a pair of dobermans and name them Hector and Achilles. Call them hell hounds if the neighbors ask.

Nick
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    The question you really should be asking yourself is whether you want a ninja-dog or a pirate-dog.
  • bobobobo (A monkey)
    Before choosing a name, open the back door and yell "[insert name], get out of the bushes".

Some names don't work as well as others. My wife had a dog named Lady. Her mom opend the door and yelled "Lady, stop peeing in the flowerbed!", much to the surprise of the lady walking [i]her[/i] dog on the other side of the fence :D
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ShadowDancer [/i]
    [B]Bob! Bob bob bob! you cant go wrong with bob! [/B][/QUOTE]

Second
    dont name it "idiot" or something similar, you might end telling your neighbors idiots or stupid

what about pud'n
  • AlaricAlaric Damn kids! Get off my island!
    most dogs seem to end up being called Boy or Girl irrespective of their actual names.

It's got to be a name you are prepared to shout in public as your dog dissapears at full speed down the road after slipping out the garden gate.

how about Spike? or Angel? (my girlfriend's 2 boxers) although Tigger and Roo would be more fitting for the way they jump around :-)

Gizmo seems to be popular where I live

names to avoid:
    Fire!
    Bomb!
    :D
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    Call it "[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footrot_Flats]Dog[/url]."