Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Traffic in Russia

MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
Having been there, I can testament to the truth in this video. Its just crazy..

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5P5Az7AKD4Y[/url]

Comments

• Holy shit. I've heard stuff from the Russian traffic culture and I'm most likely supposed to drive a bus to St Petersburg in the following weeks. *scared*
  • Random ChaosRandom Chaos Actually Carefully-selected Order in disguise
    That looks to me mostly to be people running red lights, based on the fact everyone else in the offender's direction is always stopped.

However, if you talk about insane intersections, a quick peruse of Youtube finds this:

[URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgB7Y5SFLow[/URL]

What's even more amazing is the lack of accidents in that video!
  • DarthCaligulaDarthCaligula Elite Ranger
    I'm getting Grand Theft Auto 2 flashbacks here.
  • The Cabl3 GuyThe Cabl3 Guy Elite Ranger
    The insurance companies there must be broke.

dost vidonya to that!
  • A2597A2597 Fanboy
    Heh...Try Ukraine...
  • Space GhostSpace Ghost Elite Ranger
    If you look at old movie footage from the beginning of the 20th century, you'll see similar traffic patters in most major cities in the US.
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    [QUOTE=Random Chaos;157414]That looks to me mostly to be people running red lights, based on the fact everyone else in the offender's direction is always stopped.[/QUOTE]

Actually, a lot of the worse intersections I saw when I was there didnt have red lights..

Och and that Indian video is just amazingly crazy. Someone actually runs across the street there..
  • FreejackFreejack Jake the Not-so-Wise
    Look at the difference between the two intersections (the indian and russian ones), in the indian intersection has non controls, so everyone knows to at least slow and pay attention to everyone else. The Russian intersection has controls, but people just ignore them, assuming everyone else will watch out for them. Several of the accidents in the first video could have been avoided if the traffic that had the right of way had just paid better attention to the cross traffic.

Jake
    Continuing with the russian theme, this is some of the most extreme parkour Ive seen..

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEbYtOEftc0[/url]

Edit: Hes actually from Latvia obviously..
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    obviously. i think that got posted here a little while ago, but its still very cool! i wish i was that fit!

btw, whats that music at the begining its set to? i cant remember and its bugging me
    Matrix soundtrack..

Oh, and no, I posted a different Le parkour video a while back..
  • Space GhostSpace Ghost Elite Ranger
    I wonder how many times he fell and broke his ass before he got all of that right? ;)