Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

So who saw it?

Comments

The dialogue was not that great at certain points. But since it is almost an exact replication of the comic I shouldn't be surprised. It also seemed slow at times. They really went out of their way to make Ira...I mean Persia look gay and not in the happy way. Visually very stunning, but I noticed some duplications with gladiator with the wheat field scenes. No shakey camera was a plus. I felt like I was watching someone play God of War on PS2. It was fun to watch, but I wouldn't say it deserves any awards other than the millions its easily going to make. I'd say it was about on par with gladiator, maybe a little bit less.

Comments

• CurZCurZ Resident Hippy
    I give it an 8.5/10. I didn't analyze it, I just watched it.
  • Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    Just saw this this afternoon. Have to agree with you CurZ. I enjoyed it for what it was. Visually stunning and cool combat. I've always felt that some films of this genre don't give enough time to proper ancient combat, all happens to quick. With Gladiator I would have loved to have seen a full on battle but all we got was a short one at the beginning. King Arthur on the other hand had a long battle in the directors cut but it was very boring and poorly executed. The 300 however got it just right imo.

You I'd love if they made a movie on Julius Ceaser. A proper full blown epic with huge battles. Would be awesome.
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    Ugh. I started watching it, but couldnt stop laughing at their waxed gym muscles. Anyone who have been fighting for a while know that those are not fighting muscles.
    Also, the irritating voiceover was really annoying.
    I fast forwarded and watched the battles. They were good choreographed.

Still I must watch it again to give it a proper review..
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    Wax gym muscles are very over rated.

I like real hard working ones >:)
  • The Cabl3 GuyThe Cabl3 Guy Elite Ranger
    aww damn bad thoughts!
  • A2597A2597 Fanboy
    OK, the whole "Iran/Persial" thing PISSES ME OFF PEOPLE. Sorry, but I've seen one too many people complaining about the fact that Iran was once part of Persia.

GET OVER IT PEOPLE. IT"S A MOVIE, Not some political BS. You go to be entertained, if you want to hate on the movie, that's your problem, but don't spread it out as some poor attempt to make yourself look moderatly informed, because it makes you appear whiney and stupid.

/rant

I loved the movie. Well done, made me happy. The audiance cheered at the first limb flying across the screen. :D
  • [QUOTE=A2597;158299]OK, the whole "Iran/Persial" thing PISSES ME OFF PEOPLE. Sorry, but I've seen one too many people complaining about the fact that Iran was once part of Persia.[/QUOTE]

You've seen the discussion threads over at IMDB as well, eh? ;)

Aside from the fact that I couldn't agree more, the music, cinematography, and costumes (especially those of the Persians) were my favorite aspects of the film. Xerxes was fantastically portrayed, albeit with rather overt overtones of Goa'uld* - I half expected the bastard's eyes to light up at any moment... And I must object to certain accusations of "campness" being levelled at the guy - a god's got be chilled-out, and that's exactly how he was for most of the time. ;)

All in all, an amazing spectacle - I'd easily give it 7-8/10.

*Haven't read the original graphic novel, and thus can't say whether this was an influence on the film.
    "Its not my whip they're afraid of...Its my divine power."
  • [QUOTE=The Cabl3 Guy;158314]"Its not my whip they're afraid of...Its my divine power."[/QUOTE]

See? Cool as a bloody cucumber. :cool:
  • DarthCaligulaDarthCaligula Elite Ranger
    I thought it was cool. And when that woman says "freedom isn't free", did anyone else think of Team America?
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    Xerxes seemed very Goa'uld inspired to me as well, he even had the voice!

Worf
  • Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    You know I was meaning to say that actually. All that was missing was the glowing eyes!
  • "Immortals, kree!" :D
  • MTMT Ranger
    Manliest movie of the year so far. Though I could've done without all that lame political stuff, which wasn't really all that interesting or well done. And some of the dialogue was really hokey, especially after the start showcasing their primitive eugenics program.
  • samuelksamuelk The Unstoppable Mr. 'K'
    I posted a review on my [url=http://www.sam-k.net/blog]website[/url]. I liked it.
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    So Sam, you were on Long Island and failed to inform me? Tisk tisk tisk.
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    [url]http://www.videosift.com/video/PG-Version-of-300[/url]
    Why must we always play hide and go seek?
  • samuelksamuelk The Unstoppable Mr. 'K'
    [QUOTE=Sanfam;158398]So Sam, you were on Long Island and failed to inform me? Tisk tisk tisk.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I know. :( I was busy most of the week, anyway, except for Friday, a day before I left. :(
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    Oh well. If you're ever around LI again, or Rochester, NY, send me a PM and I can show you around.

Though as long as you don't go around pronouncing LIRR as "Leer, or "Lerr" you're doing pretty good. :P
  • MundaneMundane Elite Ranger
    I liked it !
    ever been in a fight?