Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Who created the Hurr Gunship?

MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
Because Mongoose Publishing is using it now:
[url]http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/product_images/full_size/ctahurrgs.jpg[/url]

Ive been trying to get them to look at the Dilgar ships you guys made for ages, but I sure hope theyve got permission..

Comments

• Random ChaosRandom Chaos Actually Carefully-selected Order in disguise
    That looks like a cross between a Drazi SunHawk and a Romulan scout ship.
  • Space GhostSpace Ghost Elite Ranger
    And an EA freighter.
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    She did. That's why it's Hurr's.

I'm so funny.
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    *whaps biggles*
  • StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    That happens to Biggles when he didn't have his morning coffee. :D
  • Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    Didn't Ben make it?
  • FreezeFreeze Disguised as a Trainee
    That tower symbol also looks kinda like the FDF (Finnish Defence Forces) "tower logo" (see in [url=http://www.puolustusvoimat.fi/english/]this[/url] page, top left) in the wings ... what the heck is this crossbreed, anyways? Should we sue them for copyright infringement? :D
  • MatthewMatthew Earthforce Officer
    So is mongoose the guys who have replaced AOG (I didn't know they were out of business so long) in the table top game area.
    Also is it me but the B5 ships displayed seem alittle unoriginal. Also I have a hard time visualising the exact shape of the big ships as the models seem too small.
    And yes the Hurr is ugly.
    By the way how cannon are these ships and book material.
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    Yes, Mongoose are the (relatively) new guys on the block. They got the rights for both the old minis, and their molds, and the tabletop arena.
    JMS stated that the AOG ships were canonical. I would guess that extends to the new ones as well, but Im not entirely sure, since theyve had some disagreements..
  • HuntSmackerHuntSmacker Firstones Ambassador to Starcraftia
    Whoever designed the Hurr Gunship should be savagely attacked by said gunship.
  • JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
    Luke Mayrand designed a few ships for the B5:Itf game.
    You can see some of the sketches here:

[url]http://tgm.firstones.com/wiki/ITF_ship_sketches[/url]

The Hurr gunboat is one of the designs.
  • Vorlons in my HeadVorlons in my Head The Vorlons told me to.
    Those sketchers are frakking sweet.
    Damn, that sketch is so much better looking than the model..
  • Sergei SSergei S Earthforce Officer
    As Jack said, the Hurr gunship was designed by Luc Mayrand. Stewart Compton did 3D model and this render:

[IMG]http://www.b5.ru/game/images/sim_screen/screenshot_53.jpg[/IMG]

As far as I understand, Sierra still owns the rights for ITF designs and I very much doubt that Mongoose contacted Sierra on using it for commercial purpose.

There is a funny thing about Mongoose - they used non-canon (and ugly) AoG designs for Dilgars because they needed a lot of Dilgar ship classes for their tabletop game. Sierra's canon (and pretty) Dilgar cruiser and fighter designs simply weren't enough.

It looks to me like Mongooses are trying to get the best of two worlds out there.
    I agree on the ugly part of the Dilgar ships, however, JMS has stated that the AoG designs were canon (I think the ITF ones were as well, so it creates a problem).
  • RubberEagleRubberEagle What's a rubber eagle used for, anyway?
    I suppose the ITF-Dilgar designs would also be to fragile for miniatures (especially the cruiser)
  • MatthewMatthew Earthforce Officer
    I like the idea of heavy fighter for the ISA but a miniature whitestar is abit lame.
    So what your saying Messiah is the AoG models are resonably cannon and the mongoose ones are not.
    I personnally I prefer the Dilgar ITF ships as the mongoose ones seem to ugly. I dont think the ITF Dilgar models are too fagile.
    Are the Abbai a real race in B5 or only in the game world
    I dont know for sure Matthew, the AoG ones were canon at least. I hope the Mongoose ones are too, cause I really like the company, and what theyve done to the game, but there were some .. problems between JMS and Mongoose a year ago..
  • JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
    The Abbai are a real race in the show, in at least two episodes they were present in the ISA coucil room, and one episode even spoke to Sheridan. We never saw there ships though...

:)
  • David of MacDavid of Mac Elite Ranger Ca
    Also, in "The War Prayer," the Abbai were the new members of the Council Sinclair kept talking to, and later insulted while pretending to be a bigot. At the end of the episode, Ivanova's racist boyfriend captured the Abbai ambassador, and wanted Sinclair to kill her as a loyalty test.