Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Confirmed. Season 4 Final Season For BSG

Comments

• David of MacDavid of Mac Elite Ranger Ca
    [QUOTE=Dr Biggles;160469]Case in point: the last episode of S2. Big cliffhanger that came out of nowhere in the last 15 minutes, causing major changes in the story that are almost all neatly cleaned up within 6 episodes of S3.[/QUOTE]

I disagree. The missing year had been coming for a while, and there are still a lot of places in the story where that arc is a visible force (like the entire season 3 finale, for instance).
  • Vorlons in my HeadVorlons in my Head The Vorlons told me to.
    [quote]I think it was very cool at the time (not any cheesier than the rest of the show) and it still is today, even George Lucas used a version of them in SW:RotJ (most of us try to repress that thought because of the teddy-bear tribe that lived in the same part of the woods...). [/quote]

Hey the speeder bikes in RotJ where one of the saving graces of that film in teddy bear land! The chase scene was cool. My only question was, if the can fly, why don't they fly OVER the trees?
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    well, it is easier to get shot down if you're travelling in a straight line out in the open with no cover ;)
  • Hey...didn't Crusade have flying-motorcycle-ish vehicle?....heh heh...
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    Oh god.

We've found it.

The shark must now be jumped in a flying motorcycle!
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    [QUOTE=Vorlons in my Head;160495]Hey the speeder bikes in RotJ where one of the saving graces of that film in teddy bear land! The chase scene was cool. My only question was, if the can fly, why don't they fly OVER the trees?[/QUOTE]

Because the anti-grav repulsors are only so powerful.
    If you say so dr.
  • StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    Yeah, it's always nice to have an informed opinion on fictional hardware. :D

Let me ask you this, which one's faster, the Enterprise or the Millenium Falcon?

Now that I think about those bikes, the pod-racers used in Episode I seemed to work in similar ways.
    Cool stuff... oh and lets not forget the hovercraft Luke used in Episode IV.
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    Biggles is correct. In Star Wars, speederbikes, swoops, snowspeeders etc are powered by repulsor lift technology (which works by pushing the vehicle away from the ground below), it lets them float but only so high and they can't fly upside down (the generators are attached to the bottom of the vehicles, so they would crash if they do that).

Yes...I know too much about Star Wars technology :)

Worf
  • shadow boxershadow boxer The Finger Painter & Master Ranter
    the only way I see BSG going beyond S4 is the whole return to earth thing coming to fruition...

...but in a big way. Not the surreptitious, (read - cheap), 'lets speed up Earth's development (back?) into a space faring world.

It would have to be an all guts and glory, 'plug the breach with our human dead' kind of desperate battle ah la Battle of the Line, with the sort of catch up to the enemy tech, 'fight them with rocks and sticks' type stuff as well. A dozen guys using crowbars and 4x2's to overwhelm centurions and simply beat them to bits, perhaps all but 4 of 'em dying in the process. I'd personally like to see guys armed with 40mm underbarrel grenade launchers popping 'em, or just blowing them off their feet long enough to lay down enough lead and DU to stop them... watching centurions trying to track and fire whilst being drilled by a pintle mount minigun, perhaps with a character like Hicks out of Aliens saying, "There is no substitute for rate-of-fire."

Invasion Earth by the Cylons would be grand. Epic and powerful if done right.

I would imagine that Galactica and the majority of the Old Colonies would be stationed in space... holding the line with us Terrans trying to squish the Cylon equivalent of special forces/paratroopers trying infiltration and behind enemy line type attacks.

Also... a very hurried and saturation missile/almost dumb rocket attack, 1960s vintage ICBMs being recommissioned and put to use against Base stars. Think duct tape, ruskie and yank warheads and everything with an engine and wings which can work in space carrying em up. Perhaps even mechanical firing systems so the Cylons cant see anything but chunks of metal and plutonium and trying to work out which ones to actually try and destroy.. which ones are still actually active... etc

in short, a lot of spit, blood and cunning, which, is the basis of every rip roaring war epic
  • Space GhostSpace Ghost Elite Ranger
    I think we [i][b]all[/b][/i] know too much about sci-fi technology. ;)
    I don't know, the whole Cylon threat theme has lost a lot of momentum lately. It feels now like an afterthought especially since the show turned into law & order in space. Lots of wasted opportunities. I guess RDM managed to throw us off so well that we don't really know what to expect anymore. The show had the potential to be more than the sum of its parts, now I don't think it adds up to much of anything.

We don't really know in what state they'll find Earth in. We don't know who's going to really get there first (ok, so Starbuck said she's been there, but so could the Cylons), and make a difference.

It's a bit unsatisfying not knowing where this show is going, it's all over the place. Funny how RDM complained about where Trek went, and now he's doing the same thing.
    I just hope it gets back on track and goes out with a bang. The show went from a brilliant show to just a good show with moments of brilliance.
  • MatthewMatthew Earthforce Officer
    So is Katee leaving BSG to go play bionic woman on NBC. Forgive my ignorance as I dont follow television personnel movements or seen S3.
    I still think that finding present-day Earth would be the worst possible ending of the show. I vote they should find a distant-future Earth, hopefully populated.
    I agree. We need to see Earth with a fleet of their own battlestars take on the Cylons in an all-out space battle and whoop some toaster ass. :D
    Katee will be fully back as a regular for S4. Bionic woman does not interfere with her BSG shooting. Her death was the equivalent of an elaborate prank.
    Otherwise known as "Jumping the Shark." :p "She's dead, Jim! Ha ha! Fooled you!"
    Well, IMHO even a mediocre episode of BSG is still infinitely better than 99.9% of everything else on television right now.

Moreover, I think it's still a little early to say it "jumped the shark". I mean, the show isn't over yet for frack sakes! ;)
  • Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    Even if the show ends we can buy these and make up our own little BSG adventures:

[url]http://www.scifi.com/sfw/cool/sfw15678.html[/url]

:D
    [QUOTE=Falcon1;160601]Even if the show ends we can buy these and make up our own little BSG adventures:

[url]http://www.scifi.com/sfw/cool/sfw15678.html[/url]

:D[/QUOTE]

Come on, is that the best they can do? How about a life-size Six? :D
    mmm...I think I need too post up the current fleet :D
    [QUOTE=Stingray;160609]Come on, is that the best they can do? How about a life-size Six? :D[/QUOTE]
    Not that I know, but I'm sure there are places you can get such items if you really wanted to, for the right price...
  • HuntSmackerHuntSmacker Firstones Ambassador to Starcraftia
    If you want a life size doll that scares you everytime you look at it, that's your call. :P
    [QUOTE=Vorlons in my Head;160630]Not that I know, but I'm sure there are places you can get such items if you really wanted to, for the right price...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, well, I was thinking more of a statue than a real-doll (if you were thinking of those, they cost a pretty penny too)... those are creepy, I mean some of them look so life-like, you'd think they were corpses.
  • HuntSmackerHuntSmacker Firstones Ambassador to Starcraftia
    Speaking of BSG, is Adama becoming the new Nuke'Em-Sheriden? Twice this season we've heard him order them into the tubes. Both times gave me an excited feeling... Especially during the season finale when he said "Arm and load all nuclear weapons" in his husky voice. ;)
    Nukes = sexy. ;)
  • MatthewMatthew Earthforce Officer
    Hell I can see the writers capable of doing a entire season doing a SGC rip off as the US secretly barters for the technology to build something to counter the cylon threat.
    Okay. It really really is the last season.

[url]http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/news/e3i157e88908d7e00620d293654df889417[/url]

You know what this means? The words "Final Year" will be in every damn Sci-Fi ad for BSG from now until next April.
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    [quote]And while we know our fans will be saddened to know the end is coming[/quote]

Saddened? I'm overjoyed!