Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Lost tales trailer

2»

Comments

• C_MonC_Mon A Genuine Sucker
    I liked all of season 1 when I watched it. :p
  • Random ChaosRandom Chaos Actually Carefully-selected Order in disguise
    Season 1 is actually quite good. Until you watch seasons 2-4.

:D
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    I disagree, but I accept it as required viewing material given the high quality of the following three seasons. Five...not so much. The end of four resolves things comfortably enough for me.
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    I like it all :) Season 1 is definitely the weakest compared to all the other 4, I can only watch it occassionally. Same with season 5, I can watch it and do like it, but after the incredible high that season 4 ends on I usually have to leave a gap between them so as not to be too disappointed
  • Alec MAlec M Award Winning Poster
    On at least a few occasions the quality of season one has made it hard for me to get others into B5. It usually takes some convincing.

As for season five, I enjoyed the second half. However, if having to watch Byron and his whole horrible whine fest is the price that was paid so I could see "Objects in Motion", "Objects at Rest", and "Sleeping in Light", then I consider it a fair bargain.
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    I had the same trouble with attempting to get people into B5. Making their way through season one is the most difficult part. Once they're halfway through the second, people seem to be more than willing to stay with the show.
  • With vary few exceptions every show would be better in space. :vorlon:

Season 5 I didn't like much. It took two seasons of Sheridan before I was ok with him.

Some of the things dealt with in #1, like religion, was just great.
  • Entil'ZhaEntil'Zha I see famous people
    The 2nd half or quarter of S5 is actually very good. once you get past all the byron crap, which was just eh..

I've said it before, i don't know if it was the part or the actor.
  • So is Lost Tales a movie or a series? Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I don't pay as much attention to B5 stuff as I used to. It looks cool though.
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    It's a direct to DVD movie, with maybe a couple more to follow if this one makes enough money. And yes it does look cool doesnt it? ;)
  • I really hope it does well...because I am DYING for the Garabaldi storyline they were kicking around...
  • [QUOTE=Entil'Zha;162171]The 2nd half or quarter of S5 is actually very good. once you get past all the byron crap, which was just eh..

I've said it before, i don't know if it was the part or the actor.[/QUOTE]
    The high standard of #4 babied me too much for #5. If the Byron stuff hadn't been in space I don't know if I could get past it < see it > again for the Londo part. Witch I much like.
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    [QUOTE=Entil'Zha;162171]I've said it before, i don't know if it was the part or the actor.[/QUOTE]

It was probably the part. The actor is one of the most incredible voice actors I've ever heard, and you can't be a good voice actor without real acting ability.
  • StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    I have to agree, the actors tried their best, but that whole telepath underground railroad story/plot and Byron arc weren't particularly well written and we've seen in scenes involving Bester what stories about telepaths could have been. I also liked the one with the empath and Garibaldi, still cracks me up today... :cool:
  • Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    Indeed Robin Downes is a great voice actor, he's got a very long list to credits for game voices etc. I mean looking at his recent stuff on IMDB he may not have stared in the big budgets films but at least he's in the video games for them :p Shame Byron's character has tarnished him somewhat.
  • StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    I wonder if you can make a living doing voice acting for video games... I seriously doubt it. He is indeed a very prolific voice actor, he seems to be a classically trained (theater) actor, like Jason Carter. I can imagine both of them playing Shakespeare.
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    I don't think voice actors see any real difference between video games and cartoons, example: [URL="http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0354937/"]Jennifer Hale[/URL].

Worf
    Most voice actors won't make a distinction between doing game voices and doing cartoon voices. If they did, they probably wouldn't find enough work. Those that do are more likely to be doing voice acting as a supplementary thing.
  • I actually saw Robin Downes in an odd place yesterday when I went to see transformers...he was a cameraman in a bit ad for 'On the Lot.' had a quick little chuckle.
    I didnt mean to imply that He isn't a good actor, but that maybe he might not have been the best actor for that part. i always thought of rogue telepaths as gritty, and here Robin is playing a very "Pretty" rogue. what was with all the rogue's having the long conditioned hair???

I mean picture someone else in the role, say, oh i dunno. Christopher Walken

Byron : All we want is a home of our own... And more Cowbell
    This is true. He did have far too hippy a look for the role he was playing. The whole telepath commune thing didn't help with this.
    It was one of those things that I never quite understood, We were given a certain view of the TP's all through the series, then when we finally get down to what should have been some of the best part of their story, they change into something totally different. Guess thats one of those questions that i'd love to ask JMS someday.
  • JMS' answer to that question: "I devised the Byron/TP commune story during that brief time in my life when I switched from smoking hash to smoking crack."

I jest, I jest!
    He just needs more Cowbell.
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    Actually, jms was part of a cult commune for part of his life. I'm sure he was drawing upon that.
  • I'll just think of the first group of rogue TPs. Season 5 is far off,...