Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Stray Cats

JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
How's this for a stray cat?

Heard this yelping from my house, thought it was someone's lost puppy. Got dressed in some hiking garb and wrestled my way through the brush down the slope.

Found her at the base of a small creek waterfall on our property yesterday. She had taken a tumble of about 20 feet onto the rocks below. Unfortunately she didn't make it, and passed shortly after I found her.

Her mother wasn't anywhere that I could see (Seeing as how she was a Bobcat cub this was probably a good thing for me...).

[IMG]http://www.psychobabyl.com/misc/bobby.jpg[/IMG]

Comments

• A2597A2597 Fanboy
    awww....

I like bobcats. :(

(BTW, did you get my PM from awhile back?)
  • Entil'ZhaEntil'Zha I see famous people
    it sucks that you couldnt save it,

It rocks that you bothered to try.
  • StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    Thanks, that's what we need, more sad stories.

Keep them coming... :D
  • C_MonC_Mon A Genuine Sucker
    aww :(
  • Space GhostSpace Ghost Elite Ranger
    Even though I don't like cats, I must commend you on trying to save the little guy (girl). I hate to admit it, but it's more than I would have done. :(
  • JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
    Well, I'm a sucker for any critter in need...

I love and respect animals more than most humans. I hope that doesn't sound bad, because I do like a lot of people, and love a few.

I guess I identify and relate to animals more though.

I think I heard another cub this morning, but this time no tradgedy at the bottom of the falls. I think these cubs may have been just recently been weened. I also think I found the (pardon the pun) Cubby Hole...

:D

Close to the falls and about the right location for a wayward cub to wander over the edge. Hope mom is ok, and these aren't abandoned.

:(
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    You should set up a webcam in a hide nearby so you can keep an eye on them.
  • DaxDax Redshirt
    webcam == yes

Wow, that's so sad. :(
    How about putting a fence around the area to keep someone from getting hurt?

I mean, at least this pup didn't die for nothing.
  • CurZCurZ Resident Hippy
    No point getting in the way of nature taking its course.
  • we don't have much of the nature here in LA. We cement the rivers.
  • AlaricAlaric Damn kids! Get off my island!
    Ahhh.
    we've got lots of nature, as evidenced by the very large deer shaped dent in the hood of my car.

oh and the Black Bear that wandered into town a couple years ago.
  • sataicallistasataicallista High Priestess of Squeee!
    We have had a black bear wandering around Rochester for two weeks now
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    [QUOTE=JackN;162384]I love and respect animals more than most humans. I hope that doesn't sound bad, because I do like a lot of people, and love a few.[/QUOTE]

Soesnt sound bad at all, its the reason Ive tried becoming vegetarian for several times during my life.
    Well, I am not as strong as I do love a good BBQ'd steak. I will try and come to the rescue when I am able though.

Hasn't been much activity to speak of. I guess this year was a bad year for mom and cubs.
    Oh just cause i LOVE animals, doesn't mean i don't also LOVE them with BBQ Sauce.
  • Fish and eggs. The hormones in meat makes me a bit sick.

I don't have a problem with people eating meat. Animals do it after all.

If all animals were vegetarian it would be different.

They must be humanly killed though.
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    Yeah, the thing I missed most when I was veggie was sausage, I loooove sausage, Especially spicy..
    I do hate to think about how that meat gets to the supermarket. I pass these stockyards with the lonely cows mooing in there...

I can't save everything...

:(
    I'm quite looking forward to the day when our meat is grown in meat-growy tanks rather than on animals. Then there's no more need to farm animals, and no more of the massive environmental effects that go with that.
    [QUOTE=Biggles;162674]I'm quite looking forward to the day when our meat is grown in meat-growy tanks rather than on animals. Then there's no more need to farm animals, and no more of the massive environmental effects that go with that.[/QUOTE]

Watch out what you wish for, that'll be the day we have no more environment to worry about.

That'll be the day when they sell fresh air in cans. I mean we are already buying bottled water...

[IMG]http://www.failedsuccess.com/images/spaceballs_air.jpg[/IMG]
  • The Asian Indians don't need elephants like they used to so the land is being citified. < --- wow! That is a word!

We'll go the way of the Mayan cities.
    [QUOTE=Stingray;162683]Watch out what you wish for, that'll be the day we have no more environment to worry about.

That'll be the day when they sell fresh air in cans. I mean we are already buying bottled water...[/QUOTE]

You might be. I'm not. I fail to see a parallel between selling air in cans or bottled water, two resources that most places in the 1st world have plenty of, and growing meat in tanks rather than on animals, nor why it would mean the end of the environment.