Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

RIP - Tater - 7/16/2007

JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
You will be sorely missed...

[IMG]http://www.psychobabyl.com/misc/tater.jpg[/IMG]

Comments

• DaxDax Redshirt
    :( *hugs* I am so sorry.
  • A2597A2597 Fanboy
    Aww. :(

*Hugs*
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    :(
  • :(
  • :(
  • Space GhostSpace Ghost Elite Ranger
    Sorry to hear it, Jack. :(
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    Terrible news, Jack :(
  • FreezeFreeze Disguised as a Trainee
    Sorry for your loss, JackN.
    But I still won't hug you. *small, friendly smile*
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
  • AlaricAlaric Damn kids! Get off my island!
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    :( sorry to hear that mate
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    *hugs*
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    :( *Hugs*
  • bobobobo (A monkey)
    Very sorry to hear that. I'm sure he went knowing that he was loved.

My daughters very sad for you, too.
  • Lord RefaLord Refa Creepy, but in a good way
    Hugs.

I really miss my Aleksi too.. He looked exactly the same actually, and I think the same breed..

But even more than that, I miss my labrador Arttu (finnish version of King Arthur heh). Got him when I was 2 year old and he passed away when I was 15..
  • JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
    Been bawling like a little kid since yesterday morning...

Jaco went first in 2003 (Seems like just yesterday, and obviously I'm not over that yet either after all this time), then Shultz in 2004.

Chewy (Tater) made it out here through the move, and lasted a couple years in the new home at least.

I wanted so selfishly to keep him going with pain and steroid pills, but he had so many other things stacked against him recently, and I just couldn't prolong the discomfort any more for his sake and not mine.

No more pets for a while if ever. It's just too hard to watch them go.
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    Personally, I think that while watching them go is extremely hard, the time and memories you get from having them is more than worth it.
  • StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    Man, you seem to have gotten into a bad stretch there, so many pets dying in such a short period of time.

We have a poodle too and we got attached to that little bugger right away, quite smart too, almost behaves like a six-year old... It's sad but as Biggles said, it's worth it. But when you do have many, you are bound get more losses as their end nears. I'm always shocked when I multiply the age of a dog by 7 just to compute their age in human years and poodles usually have a long life expectancy.

How old was Tater btw?
  • PSI-KILLERPSI-KILLER Needs help
    Sorry to hear of your loss JackN

• Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    Sorry for your loss JackN, indeed you've had a few animals pass away, what with the bobcat too.

I love dogs, was kinda second nature growing up on the farm. One of our old dogs called Kerry (because he was from the county in Ireland) was about 12 when he died. We got him as a pup and I can still remember seeing him for the very first time in my grandparents. He was a sheep dog so got worked a fair bit. In his later years he slowed down a lot. One christmas I was home and he looked grey and old but he was still the same to me. I came home again later that summer to find out he'd died just the week before. I was gutted. Just a few more days and I'd have been home to see him. But we had good fun over the years. He used to love going for a spin in the tractor or the car. And he's still with us today as his son suitably called Junior is still around.

Can't wait to have a dog myself but with current space issues and being at work all day it wouldn't be fair on em. One day though.
  • FreezeFreeze Disguised as a Trainee
    I still remember when I was something like 14 years old .. we had a little mixed race kitten that was about 6 months old and cute as can be.

My parents went outside and warned me not to let the little cat out, but it must have sneaked out unnoticed when I went out and opened the front door. We never saw that little thing alive since that day.

A couple of days later I was searching for it, and walking beside a ditch that was surrounding our front yard. Then I found the little sad thing. It had pushed it neck between willow branches, and apparently got stuck and drowned by the raising water level in the ditch - it had been raining for a couple of days in between.

I'll never forget that. :(
    [QUOTE=Stingray;162552]How old was Tater btw?[/QUOTE]

Well we had him 13 years. He was at least a year old when we got him from another family who couldn't take care of him properly.

14 or 15 years.
  • StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    That would make him between 98 and 105 in human years.

He was indeed in good care. :)
    I find this song appropriate right now for some reason.

"My Sacrifice" - Creed