Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Transformers

Comments

• Lord RefaLord Refa Creepy, but in a good way
    Just seen it.. Happily surprised.. Was disappointed that there wasn't much of Starscream with Megatron. The designs were nice and was able to forget the shock of Prime's mouth. It looked a little less stupid than in the trailer.

The action was great tho. I lost count of how many people the Decepticons actually killed, but quite a lot for a movie of this type.

Some hammy scenes and just you know.. stupid scenes.. and people..

But still, fun movie. Made me want to buy some of those new toys.. except I already have two of those Masterpiece Collection Megatron's coming.. Already got a Starscream and Optimus Prime ones.

Wish had a game to play for it.. but seems that all versions are crap, and there's that only one game for PS2 that I cant seem to find anywhere (for european version).
  • Data CrystalData Crystal Pencil Artist
    We changed plans at the last minute, so I didn't get to see it yet. Looking forward to catching it with my sisters' hub one of these days. We're both fans, so it might be a tad better experience. :)
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    Best two lines:

Ratchet: "The Pheromone levels in the male indicates he wants to mate with the female."

---

Starscream: "I live to serve you, Lord Megatron."
    Megatron: "Where is the AllSpark?!"
    Starscream: "..the humans excaped with it!"
    Megatron: "You fail me, yet again, (Starscream)."
  • Good movie. Better then I expected. To Serve and protect :D

I compare it to ID4 and find Transformeres better.
  • Actually I thought it was "....to Enslave and Destroy"
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    Made over $200 mil world wide so far. It set the record for biggest non-sequel opening week in the US
  • Trident, that's LA's motto.

How much $ do they need to make the 2ed movie?
    It has already been announced iirc
  • Space GhostSpace Ghost Elite Ranger
    Kinda figured, given the scene in the closing credits. :)
  • samuelksamuelk The Unstoppable Mr. 'K'
    [QUOTE=Trident;162309]Actually I thought it was "....to Enslave and Destroy"[/QUOTE]
    If you're referring to the motto on Barricade, it's actually "To Punish and Enslave".
  • I know.

Croxis, Has TLT soled enough for the next one?
    TLT?
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    [url]http://mcsweeneys.net/2007/7/9weaver.html[/url]
  • The Lost Tales.
    I saw that open letter, It just didn't strike me as that funny. Perhaps I'm just not use to filing claims.

Chaosed: TLT hasn't even been released yet
  • I herd the next DVD only happens if TLT sell good enough. I had herd it is selling better then expected from the preorderes. I had not herd what the number they want is. I do not know if the preorders count. I hoped you did. /shrug

I understand the babylon 5 podcast is to get an early copy. I'm a month behind there.
  • Data CrystalData Crystal Pencil Artist
    Back to the topic on Transformers... Just came back from seeing it, and it was pretty much... meh. A typical Michael Bay -flick just about sums it up. It wasn't all bad, but to me there was too much asskissing going on to the general kiddiemarket (Granted that this was a movie based on comics and toys). I read too much TMNT on the Autobots when they were in a bunch, too much Gremlins and or Star Wars' droidekas on the Decepticon infiltrators. Too much family and emo-teen oriented "humour" plus the dreaded "Boy and his car" -viewpoint was there... all too clear I might add.

The decepticons had a nice sense of weight to them and overall the action was nice, but the whole array was too thin to provide me with anything else than a pastime for 2 hours. Which it did amicably, I might add.

The first decepticon action we got to see made me think that this is probably the closest we'll ever get to a big budget Mechwarrior -movie.

In a perfect world, they'd get Tim Burton to direct the sequel and take a whole new, grim outlook to the thing and forget the Guardians Of America -cheese. What I'd [i]really[/i] want to see would be Transformers mixed up with Saving Private Ryan, directed by Tim Burton. This wasn't that, and it wasn't a bad movie, had me laughing at a point or two as well, but still a slight disappointment.

Good entertainment overall, though.
  • I think the whole idea of Transformers is that it's meant to be cheesey and a bit naff. The cartoon sure was. You may enjoy it more if you watch from a kid's point of view, i.e that it's giant robots fighting other giant robots, which can only be totally and utterly awesome.

That said, I haven't seen it yet (just trailers); I may have a completely different opinion once I have.
  • Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    Just back from watching it and I have to say I loved it! Made me feel like a kid again! Some will say I have fallen for Bays amazing wow whammy $$$ cola but I don't care. It was flawed but I don't care. I enjoyed the whole thing, the humor, the effects (OMFG they were stunning), the music (great soundtrack, though I will say it screamed Zimmer to me all night, and of course it wasn't by him at all)... the whole package basically. Its a summer pop corn flick pure and simple. Did I say it made me feel like a kid again?? :D Brought back so many memories of saturday mornings getting up early to watch the cartoon and playing with the few actual transformer toys I had... Grapple, Inferno and another guy who's name I forget (he was a tank with one of those detachable heads). Oh happy days :) And now I've found out the score hasn't been released yet... grrr making me wait!

It was also nice to see William Morgan Sheppard, G'Kars Uncle in it. He must be in his 80's now.
  • I rather enjoyed the film. Twice. I expected it to be mindless drivell and so went expecting nothing more that roberts beating the crap out of each other. The boy and his car aspect I rather like personnally.

And Tim Burton directing transformers? No. Wouldn't go. I have not seen a Burton film I actually liked. I have not seen Sleepy Hollow though, which I am told is very good. Burton seems to like dark and kooky. Transformers is and should be about spectacle, which Bay does fairly well. Could they have gotten a better director? Probably, but it would not be Burton. Not for the type of film it should be.
  • Spielberg would have owned at a movie like this.

Well, he did produce it.
  • FreejackFreejack Jake the Not-so-Wise
    Spielberg isn't always all that when it comes to action flicks...:cough:War of the Worlds:cough:

Jake
  • Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    I thought WotW was pretty good. I'm not sure Spielberg would have done a better job than Bay, thinking about it I'm not sure which director I'd like to see direct the sequel if Bay backs out. I know Bay doesn't do sequels with the exception of Bad Boys, but maybe he'll stick around. Burton could make it brilliant or rubbish, he can be very up and down imo. I remember Planet of the Apes felt very laboured to me. Actually I'd like to see Christopher Nolan have a bash at it. He did well with Batman Begins and assuming the Dark Knight follows on from this, he could be ideal. We shall see anyway.
  • WotW was too close to the book. Verne died in 1905. It had to be updated more then it was.
  • What does Verne dying have anything to do with War of the Worlds?
    Wells wrote it ;)
  • I hate it when my brain dose that. Written in 1898 anyway.
    Am I the only one getting any of them toys?

Come on! Can't help it.. besides.. some of them look a bit cool too.

Mind you, I think the Masterpiece collection looks better than some of those new ones..

And most of the movie toys look like crap in vehicle mode. I keep them in robot modes posing as fighting each other.. now the Decepticons over power the Autobots 4 to 2.
  • I do prefer the Masterpiece edition Starscream to the new robot-mode Starscream (yeah, I bought the masterpiece one)...and as for the movie toys, I much prefer the Alternators they put out a couple years ago. I ended up getting five of those!
    I am looking for the Shockwave alternator... I thought he looked decent. Seems that when I move to UK, i might get one.. :)

But anyways... I have Masterpiece Optimus Prime, Starscream and Megatron on its way..

My parents have hidden my old ones.. but I should have a bunch somewhere.. Unless...

No.. Even my mum can't be that stupid.. Can she?