Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Favorite Mixed Drink

2»

Comments

• Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    I've heard of Kingfisher but not the others. Btw did you have a good birthday? Belated congrats to you :)
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    Hehe cheers :) To be honest the actual day was pretty shitty, got a public rollicking from my boss because she's pissed off I had to go on placement, then felt pretty ill for the rest of the day. Had a game of poker with some mates in the evening which was fun, even tho I crashed out first. On the other hand the next day I started seeing this girl I've been crazy about for the last 6 months, so that kinda made up for it :D

As for the beers, I'd never come across Efes until I was in Turkey last summer. It still tastes nice, tho I do wonder how much of the taste I remember was due to the heat and the rather nice beach I was sat on ;) The only place I've found that does Rolling Rock is Costco. The only reason I drank it the first time was because it was the cheapest crate they had in there at the time heh! As for Moose Head, there's a rather quirky little bar here in Aberdeen down by the harbour that has loads of really random beers and spirits and I was feeling adventurous one night! ;)
  • DaxDax Redshirt
    JackN: Canadian eh? Canadians are good ;)

One of my first drinks was vodka and cream soda- yuck!

I like a good screwdriver, but I adore a grasshopper! Tequila makes things fuzzy for me the next morning so I usually stick to Smirnoff Ice or Barcardi Breezers or something.

I found a nice dessert wine I like in NY but alas I haven't been able to find it since...
  • Entil'ZhaEntil'Zha I see famous people
    was the desert wine Essencia by any chance? An orange Muscat.

as for when Mojito's became so popular, i dunno, i've been drinking them for years.
    I like Bacardi Breezers too but get laughed at for drinking a "girls drink". No fair :(

Interesting weekend for you then Shadowdancer. Nice one on the lady friend, keep us appraised ;) I was at Theakstons Brewery up in Yorkshire a few months ago and had a sample of their "Old Peculair" stuff. Now I'm not a beer drinker but that stuff wasn't bad at all, nice hop's taste to it. Btw your boss sounds like a bit of an ass.

My first proper drink was a mix of coke and 43, a spanish liquor, its pronounced the way you say 43 in spanish (can't spell it). Quite nice stuff but quite sweet.
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    The Theakstons brewery in Masham was actually the next village over from the one I was born in, less than 2miles away. Old Peculiar and Black Sheep are 2 of my favourite ales :)
  • DaxDax Redshirt
    The dessert wine was Muscato
  • MTMT Ranger
    I'm a big fan of Calimocho, which is just red wine and coke. When I was walking across Spain last winter, me and another pilgrim ran into a bunch of kids in Pamplona. The other guy, who was Spanish, just casually asked some random guy if I could try his Calimocho, which he kept in a plastic bottle. It was good.

I had a lot of red wine on that trip. The other pilgrims were constantly trying to fill me up with it.

The runners up are Red Bull Vodkas and something called an AMF. I don't know what that stands for or what's in it, but it's good. Supposedly really alcoholic, though.
  • FreejackFreejack Jake the Not-so-Wise
    My favorite mixed drink: Long Island Ice Tea

[QUOTE=Falcon1;162778]I was at Theakstons Brewery up in Yorkshire a few months ago and had a sample of their "Old Peculair" stuff. Now I'm not a beer drinker but that stuff wasn't bad at all, nice hop's taste to it. Btw your boss sounds like a bit of an ass.[/QUOTE]

That's funny, IIRC I just had some Old Peculair just the other night. There is a small coffee shop in our new community called the Prancing Pony and they have a great selection of unique imports and micros. It was on special, and I remember thinking the name was, well...peculair. I'll have to look again this weekend when we stop by for karaoke

Jake
    In that case you have to back and try some and let me know what you think :D
    Thats funny Freejack, wasn't aware they exported it, the woman on the tour never said anything about. Cool that it made it all that way.

Shadowdancer thats mad really, we had lunch after the tour in the town market square, nice little place. We'd been clay pigeon shooting in the morning not too far away, did the tour after that. We stopped later in a small village called West Tanfield, you know that place? On the banks of the River Ure.
    Heh I know, small world! I know the name, but I haven't been back in about 11 years now, so my memories are a little hazy now. I certainly know the names though ;)
  • sataicallistasataicallista High Priestess of Squeee!
    OMG terrific news! I can get Lindisfarne now! When I was in Scotland I got the chance to try Lindisfarne Meade and it was the sweetest, tastiest alcohol I've ever had, before or since, but they didn't use to export. I just checked their website and apparently that just recently changed! Whee!!! :D *orders*
  • I agree, Beer shouldn't be listed in mixed drinks, but I do like beer too.
    [QUOTE=CurZ;162617]Mexican beer is actually pretty damn good. Sol and Corona aren't bad, but Modelo Negra and Indio are great.[/QUOTE]

Sol and Corona aren't good you mean? Too weak tasting for me.

[b]Negra Modelo[/b] and [b]León[/b] (another dark beer from Modelo, the brewers of Corona) are good. Leon unfortunately is not as widely distributed.

[b]Indio[/b] remains one of my favorite beers.
    If you ever get the chance to try [b]Casta[/b] try it, it's a great dark beer.

Casta used to be made by a microbrewery, they made four varieties, a golden ale (Casta Dorada), a brown ale (Casta Bruna), a wheat ale (Casta Triguera) and a dark ale (Casta Morena). They even made a Belgian Abbey style beer (Casta Milenia). The brewery was acquired by Cuahutemoc-Moctezuma, and only the Dark Casta remains.
    In addition to Indio try [b]Bohemia[/b], pale laager, pilsner style, nice hops.

And if you want a sorta mixed drink with beer (don't use a premium beer for this!): try a "Michelada".
    A michelada is beer with lime juice, hot sauce (Tabasco or similar), Worcestershire sauce (sometimes Soy Sauce), typically served on a salt rimmed glass.
    It's quite refreshing on a hot day, but any subtleties of the beer flavor are lost, and only the strong parts of the hop and malt flavors remain.
    In some places they serve a Michelada with Clamato (not my preference).

For mixed drinks:

[b]Vodka Tonic[/b]
    I usually prepare them with Absolut, Peach, Grapefruit or Vanilla, flavored.

[b]Vampiro[/b]
    [i]The[/i] Mexican mixed drink with the Mexican spirit by excellence: Tequila.
    Mix one part Tequila with two parts Sangrita (A mixer based on orange juice and red chili powder), add lime juice and hot sauce to taste (a dash of Worcestershire also goes well), fill with grapefruit soda (or a citrus soda like Squirt), on a salt rimmed glass.

I also like Scotch and Soda.

And I also like wine (Calimocho, red wine and cola, is a good one too)...

I'm an equal opportunity imbiber.
    sataicallista: My old flatmate from Edinburgh used to make meade every now and then; most of the time it was disgusting, but every now and then he's make a batch that was really nice :)
  • SpiritOneSpiritOne Magneto ABQ NM
    Primarily if I am going to drink, its Captain & Coke. Nothing like a good spiced rum.

I Like the Smirnoff Ice Triple Black, and a couple of the flavored Smirnoffs, they go great on the boat since they arent too dehydrating.

My wife loves it when I take a Bacardi Mixer (the Strawberry one), put it in the blender with fresh strawberries and a single banana, and use Captain Morgans rum instead of Bacardi. toss the ice in a make Strawberry/Banana spiced daiquiris. Its a fruity girly drink, but its smooth and goes down VERY easy.

Ive also been known to do flavored vodka shots in red bull, and who doesn't like Tequila shots every once in a while?
  • DaxDax Redshirt
    indeed to tequila, I'd like one bout.. now.
  • Space GhostSpace Ghost Elite Ranger
    I'm up for a drink right now myself. But please, God, not tequila. Tequila and I had a falling out one night and we haven't spoken since. ;)
  • Vorlons in my HeadVorlons in my Head The Vorlons told me to.
    Tequila and I also had a falling out long long ago. We got back together a few years later and that was the final nail in the coffin. She's out of my life for good.

PS. Space Ghost, there can only be one cylon centurion avatar at any given point and I got mine first. :P
  • Space GhostSpace Ghost Elite Ranger
    Like the Highlander?
  • FreejackFreejack Jake the Not-so-Wise
    [QUOTE=Falcon1;162859]Thats funny Freejack, wasn't aware they exported it, the woman on the tour never said anything about. Cool that it made it all that way.
    [/QUOTE]

I was just up at the coffee house tonight, it is indeed Old Peculiar,says Theakston right on the label.

Jake
    Cap'n & Cokes right now...
    ok, maybe a little too many capn's, my face is numb...
    Haha! As for tequila, there's a guy in town I know called Tequila Mike for a very good reason. Every time I see him I always come away saying "never again!" :D
  • sataicallistasataicallista High Priestess of Squeee!
    I got addicted to Tequila from the first shot I ever drank of it. I like the punch it packs and how quickly it gets me drunk. :D
    I figured out the trick. Chase it with Ginger Ale. The natural stomach settling qualities of Ginger Ale keep the Tequila from overloading your stomach and the sweet taste wipes out the worst of the alcohol bite. I've done three double shots in a row using this method. :)