Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Finally moving into the 21st century

FreejackFreejack Jake the Not-so-Wise
My wife is getting me a HD head unit for the car. One of the features is a USB port in the faceplate, so I can read music files right off a jump drive. Since the only place I really listen to music is on my commute, I finally have an excuse to digitize all my old CDs.

Anyway, does anyone have recommendations on a program that can quickly rip, catalog and label my CDs for me?

Jake <- Such a luddite...

Comments

• am I the only one that finds the phrase "digitizing CDs" quite humorous?
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    Yes
  • StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    "There are 10 kinds of people, those who can read binary code and those who can't." :D

Gonna scratch some LP's now.
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    Exact Audio Copy (EAC), but that's not quite so easy. Probably your best bet for quality, and I'm sure you would figure it out in no time.

I'm actually going to put the "easy" vote on iTunes. It might be a pain in the ass occasionally, but it really has the one-click part down to a science. Pop the CD in, and once it's set up to do so, it'll automatically rip. Once it's done, just click eject and insert the next CD.
  • TycoTyco Ranger Texas
    I use CDex... Once you set up how you want the files named and organized into folders, you just insert your CDs and off you go!
  • RubberEagleRubberEagle What's a rubber eagle used for, anyway?
    I use audiograbber. you can use external encoders,it can encode mp3, ogg, wma..., it can connect to a free cddb so that you don't have to enter the cd-info (album name, artist, tracktitles..) manually, and, at least i think so, it's easy to use
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    I second EAC, and the default settings of the recent versions are actually perfectly fine for just-work-ness (I, of course, use a decent codec, so I have to change them :p). It's the most accurate ripper available for Windows, and lightyears better than CDex.
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    I refuse to touch anything made by Apple I'm afraid Sanfam ;)
  • FreejackFreejack Jake the Not-so-Wise
    [QUOTE=Seafroggys;168134]am I the only one that finds the phrase "digitizing CDs" quite humorous?[/QUOTE]

Brought to you by the Department of Redundency Division.

Jake
  • Entil'ZhaEntil'Zha I see famous people
    I use Easy CD-DA Extractor, it's always worked very well for me.