Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Avp: requiem..

MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
Was good, I recommend it to anyone (above 15 yrs old) gory as hell. :)

Comments

• PJHPJH The Lovely Thing
    My opinion differs completely. Although I've only seen a cam version of it recorded in a theater, which was really dark and was hard to see what was happening I still saw enough to say that it's a really bad movie. Much worse than the first AVP was. Plot is non-existent, acting work, characters and dialogue were horrible etc. If you like killing, A LOT of killing like in the gore movies and can ignore everything else then this film is for you.

Someone on IMDB described this film as a teenie bopper film and compared it to the "I Know What You Did Last Summer" movies and he really hit the nail on the head with that. This is a mindless 13 in a dozen Hollywood profit making "hit" producing production and nothing else.

A huge disappointment for anyone who likes to see any quality in the movies and is a fan of the original Alien and Predator movies.

- PJH
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    Yep. The fact that they steered clear of plot is on of the reasons it did not suck. Unlike Avp 1. ;) :)
  • PJHPJH The Lovely Thing
    You mean the less quality there is, the better it makes it? ;)

I'm afraid it doesn't become any better movie no matter how you look at it. Although it is a good killing fest as such it still won't make it a good movie. Even a mediocre plot would still be better and more enjoyable than no plot at all IMHO. But we all like what we like. :)

- PJH
  • CurZCurZ Resident Hippy
    :(
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    I agree with messiah. I thoroughly enjoyed the slaughterfest. The plot was laughably thin, and that just made it so much better. Every single human character was disposable. Lots of plot holes existed, yes, but nobody should care because the point of the movie isn't plot, but rather carnage. If the movie had a good human-centric plot, we would have seen complaints about how there wasn't enough Alien smushing or predator pwnage (*cough* the first one *cough*). It was thin, it was all that was necessary, and it did everything it needed to push the camera to where the monsters were.

Spoiler: The biggest problem I had with the overall plot, if you can call it that, was the skinning of the deputy. That made little sense from the perspective of this movie as the predator was trying to remove evidence. But it was cool enough.

I rather liked that the predator was a master of its trade. This one absolutely dominated the field, showcasing true skill in every single scene. Quite a contrast to the Predators from the first, where the average Earthbound brick had somewhat greater intelligence.

I'm just hoping it makes enough to warrant a sequel. Some folks might not have enjoyed it, but I sure did.

Spoiler: I'm also glad that they went through and nuked the town as a whole, but wished the leads were executed at gun-point (and their souvenir confiscated) rather than brought to safety at the end. Perhaps it would have been too dark, but I feel it would have meshed better with the type of movie this played out to be.
    [QUOTE=Sanfam;168841] Spoiler: The biggest problem I had with the overall plot, if you can call it that, was the skinning of the deputy. That made little sense from the perspective of this movie as the predator was trying to remove evidence. But it was cool enough.

I rather liked that the predator was a master of its trade. This one absolutely dominated the field, showcasing true skill in every single scene. Quite a contrast to the Predators from the first, where the average Earthbound brick had somewhat greater intelligence.[/QUOTE]

Spoiler: Im pretty sure he did that because it was his own kill. The other ones were killed by "Aliens".

Also, I believe the ones in the first avp were on earth to be tested, initiated into "manhood". Youngones so to speak. The one in this one was probably one of their uncles or something.. ;)
  • JohnnyOnTheSpotJohnnyOnTheSpot Banned by request
    I dare not read spoilers i want to experience the slaughter for myself!
  • SpiritOneSpiritOne Magneto ABQ NM
    meh, i want my $5.50 back. Oh, I also want that 2 hours of my life back. I would also like the memory erased by a telepath, and would prefer that they leave a block in there to keep me from ever watching it again.
  • sataicallistasataicallista High Priestess of Squeee!
    $5.50? That's all you pay for movies!?!? I hate you.
  • Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    This sounds promising :) Looking forward to some slaughter!
    [QUOTE=sataicallista;168852]$5.50? That's all you pay for movies!?!? I hate you.[/QUOTE]
    yeah really if i payed $5.50 to see I Am Legend it would have been worth seeing.
  • sataicallistasataicallista High Priestess of Squeee!
    We have a dollar theater here that shows movies that have been out a while, but for new movies, we pay $8.50!
    $10 bucks where I am, $6 at one theatre that plays indy films. I don't know why but everytime I go there they charge me as a senior or maybe thats a child. :D
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    ¥1400 here.
  • Thats like $21 American!
    $10.50 now down on the Island. "Sucks balls" is the proper term.

[QUOTE=Messiah;168843] Spoiler: Im pretty sure he did that because it was his own kill. The other ones were killed by "Aliens".

Also, I believe the ones in the first avp were on earth to be tested, initiated into "manhood". Youngones so to speak. The one in this one was probably one of their uncles or something.. ;)[/QUOTE]

Spoiler: I'll give you the first, though it still seemed like it was in damage control mode. But the latter were crap and made for a terrible movie. :p Predators kill things. If one wants "OMG BFF awwwwww!" in a slaughterfest, please incorporate the teletubbies or other beloved childhood characters in place of the things that die.
  • SpiritOneSpiritOne Magneto ABQ NM
    matinée guys, $5.50. still a waste.
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    I have to agree with Sanfam, the movie is about killing things, not plot. With that in mind, I found it rather entertaining.

Spoiler: Watching the Predator's ruthless efficiency reminded me why my friends never let me play as one in multiplayer AVP2, I was too good at it ;)

As for the people surviving, there's a pattern to the alien films. I imagine they were sticking to it.

Alien: one person survives.
    Aliens: four people survive.
    Alien3: one person survives.
    Alien Resurrection: four people survive.
    AVP: one person survives.
    AVP:R: four people survive.

Worf
    Spoiler: I still feel the ending would have worked better if there were no survivors. Somehow, it would fit the gloomy nature of the film and the focus on the aliens and the predator better.
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    Spoiler: They were probably taken away and interrogated. "Accidents" will be arranged for them later.

Worf
    Spoiler: Were they to have done it, they should have indicated it.
    Spoiler: Yeah.