Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Well its time to kick ass and chew some bubble gum

[url]http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0499097/[/url]

Its finally being released as a movie, "Without Remorse"IMO Tom Clancy's best novel and the debut of John Clark. Any opinions?

Comments

• Excited at the prospect, a little disappointed that rumor has it the story is going to be 'updated,' from Vietnam to Iraq-ish, and that the Spoiler: SpecOps/PoW rescue stuff may be axed entirely.

Updating Sum of all Fears and totally screwing with the Jack Ryan timeline really ruined that movie for me. Hunt For Red October is still the best Jack Ryan movie imo, and the most faithful to the book. Of course that makes sense, being as HFRO was TC's shortest book (until Red Rabbit and Teeth of the Tiger).

I'd love to see Without Remorse and Rainbow Six as movies, but it would be great if they could be done either as mini-series or their own movie trilogies; that's the only way to get all the good parts of the stories into them.
  • David of MacDavid of Mac Elite Ranger Ca
    I wouldn't say Teeth of the Tiger was short. I still assume some sort of publishing error resulted in the second half of the book not being printed. :p
  • LoL...

...whatever happened to Tom Clancy, anyway? Aside from 'his' games, I have found no evidence of him working on another novel. TotT was almost 5 years ago now...WTF?
  • PJHPJH The Lovely Thing
    I was reading the first sentence of the description on IMDB website "A former Navy SEAL turned CIA operative seeks revenge after his girlfriend is killed by a Baltimore drug lord." and I thought: "Oh, a new Steven Seagal film", hahahaha....

- PJH
  • Entil'ZhaEntil'Zha I see famous people
    Funny thing, while i never thought Alec Baldwin being a great actore, he is for me, without a doubt the best Jack Ryan.
  • JohnnyOnTheSpotJohnnyOnTheSpot Banned by request
    It turns out he recently went through heart bypass and now has a kid since 2004 I believe. He was supposedly publishing a novel in 06 but it never came to be (probably because of health reasons.)

Also If they are thinking of converting to Iraq setting its gonna totally blow and Spoiler: taking out the pow scene is a really bad move IMO the vietnam story was essential to why JC rocks I really hope we don't see anything less than HFRO what I'm hoping to avoid is something along the lines of SUM OF ALL FEARS.

lol @ steven seagal