Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Star Trek Teaser

2»

Comments

• SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    Spoiler: I know it sounds really stupid but I believe Area 51 was confirmed by JJ as the location where the Enterprise is actually being built. not SF Fleet Yards, but it would make if only for the practicality of it.
  • David of MacDavid of Mac Elite Ranger Ca
    Spoiler: Actually, at TrekMovie, Orci specifically said it was not Area 51.

[url=http://trekmovie.com/2008/01/19/interview-orci-answers-questions-about-new-trek-trailer/]Source.[/url]
    Spoiler: That's fantastic. I'm glad that Orci is maintaining such close relations with the fan base, as it allows for the development of a better movie. Being in touch with the audience is something that too many have left out in the past.
  • StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    Looks like the official release date of the movie has been pushed back to May 8, 2009.

[URL="http://www.variety.com/VR1117980912.html"]http://www.variety.com/VR1117980912.html[/URL]

Not sure if it's another "victim" of the writers' strike...
    Probably not, since they've been busily filming since before the strike started.

I think it's a good sign that they're bumping it into summer blockbuster territory. Of course, it's a bad sign in that I didn't really want to wait another five months for it.
  • PJHPJH The Lovely Thing
    Here is yet another typical example of the morons called "suits" who's life is built entirely around money and power. And the rest of the people are made to suffer because of them.

Sorry about my little negativity burst, but this is one of those things that makes my blood pressure rise once again. Pfffttt.... :angryv:

- PJH
  • PJHPJH The Lovely Thing
    And I mean the release date, not the movie. ;)

- PJH
  • Space GhostSpace Ghost Elite Ranger
    May 8th? Shit.

Well, at least they didn't move it to the weekend of the 30th... I would hate to miss my wedding because of Star Trek. ;)
  • RubberEagleRubberEagle What's a rubber eagle used for, anyway?
    Actually, the release beeing pushed back might work in the movie's favor.
    If you look at Nemesis, IMHO the Christmas release date really hurt the movie (also, the bad writing). There was LotR, Matrix, and Die Another Day, that all came out in november / December, and probably lots of other movies that took away it's possible audience.
    This christmas, there's again a Bond movie, and a few other big movies, whereas (currently) there is no other movie scheduled to start in the week of May 8th.

More time to tweak the dialogue and cut, maybe even reshoot some scenes for which they had better dialogue ideas, but couldn't use them because of the strike, a longer post production period that gives everybody (VFX, Sound, Music) more time to refine their work.
    I've also seen it suggested that the writer's strike left Paramount without a big tent-pole action movie for summer '09, so they're using Star Trek to fill the hole.
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    Uh...The Matrix Revolutions came out a year after Nemesis.
  • RubberEagleRubberEagle What's a rubber eagle used for, anyway?
    Ok, my mistake. Not Matrix, the second Harry Potter Movie
    I'm fine with the bump. It's likely for both extended production time and better positioning. It'll do a good deal better in May than it would in December, but I'd so much rather watch it sooner :D