Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Doctor Who

Comments

• RubberEagleRubberEagle What's a rubber eagle used for, anyway?
    Spoiler: I have to say, i'm with sataicallista on donna . I'm pleasently surprised that she's not as annoying as she could be. There's just one or two little moments each episodes. Of course she's not my favourite Companion. With Martha i was in love after a few minutes in the first episodes.

The episode itself was ... a good episode on the whole. Yes, the "free the poor ood" plot was a bit cliché'd, but there were a lot of interesting ideas, and it was fun and exciting. And a guy turned into an Ood! (ok, that's the 13-year-old-boy in me).
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    A friend of mine sent me this, it contains very minor spoilers about the identity of an enemy appearing this season but it's very amusing, especially to those who are not Tate fans.

Spoiler: "When interviewed on Friday Night with Jonathan Ross, Catherine Tate stated that she had been filming alongside ten actors playing Sontarans for two weeks before she realised that there were actors inside the Sontaran costumes. She had assumed the Sontarans "ran on electricity". It was not until an actor removed his helmet to reveal his real face that she realised her mistake. She stated she was "freaked out" by this and said she "nearly died"."

Worf
  • sataicallistasataicallista High Priestess of Squeee!
    LOL that's hilarious. I wonder if some mention of that will be in the confidential for that.
  • Lord RefaLord Refa Creepy, but in a good way
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erxIRoee4gU[/url]

I like it...
  • Lord RefaLord Refa Creepy, but in a good way
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZ8TFKY8u4w[/url]

Should check out the rest of these too... funny. :D
    Episode 4 Spoiler: I'm glad Helen Raynor has improved her storytelling since the Dalek episodes last year. I was disappointed by the scene next to the jeep, I was really hoping that Donna was going to leave.

Worf
    [QUOTE=Lord Refa;172453][url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erxIRoee4gU[/url]

I like it...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's my favorite piece on the series 3 soundtrack. That middle section is so gorgeous, I get chills everytime. :D

[QUOTE=Lord Refa;172457][url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZ8TFKY8u4w[/url]

Should check out the rest of these too... funny. :D[/QUOTE]

Holy hell, John Barrowman eats my favorite cereal! :D

[QUOTE=WORF;172490]Episode 4 Spoiler: I'm glad Helen Raynor has improved her storytelling since the Dalek episodes last year. I was disappointed by the scene next to the jeep, I was really hoping that Donna was going to leave.

Worf[/QUOTE]

I agree, much better than last year's.
    Spoiler: still, for me it's the weakest episode of the season so far. Too many logical flaws (Donna's grandfather in the car: why not smash the windows (or use the sonic screwdriver on them) to get him out?) and inconsistencies (Martha screaming like a blond-horror-movie-killer-victim when the 2 brainwashed soldiers don't let her out of the room). And again, big structural problems...
    Well I guess we'll see next week.
    Spoiler: It looks like Martha will be sticking around for awhile. This makes me happy.

Worf
  • David of MacDavid of Mac Elite Ranger Ca
    Did anyone else feel like it was Christmas with that ending? ;)
    Yes ;)

Worf
    I'm going insane with curiosity about next week: Spoiler: Do you think she'll turn out to be the Doctor's real daughter? As in, not a clone or some other weird experiment or something? I wonder if she's the mother of Susan or another daughter he doesn't know about. This better not be a silly gimmick episode or something, it better be good.
    Thoughts on episode 6: Spoiler: Cute. Very cute. Poor Doctor and his always losing people. I was really glad they brought her back at the end, though I'd like to hear their explanation for why she didn't change. Time Ladies can choose their form so maybe that's it. I'd also like to know what he meant by "she's too much like me." Just referring to her jumping in front of him to take the bullet maybe? Or something else?
    Spoiler: I think that's what he was referring to. As for the change, maybe because she doesn't have any of the Time Lord knowledge, she didn't know how to so her regeneration gave her the same body. You know, the device used to create the Doctor's daughter could in theory be used to restore the Time Lords. It could also be used by races like the Daleks... I bet we'll see it again, just like the watch last season.

I was annoyed that Martha went home again.

Worf
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    Spoiler: I predict a spinoff.
    Spoiler: That would be nice, they're going to want something to fill the gap next year and they've yet to announce a third series of Torchwood.

Worf
    Spoiler: I'm not sure if a Jennie-spin-off would work. basically, what would it be about? I think what was so great about that character in this episode was the interaction with and the effect she had on the doctor. That said, i wouldn't mind seeing more of her.
    Also, i found it funny that not only is Georgia Moffet the daughter of Peter Davison, the episode was directed by Alice Troughton, though i think she's not related to Patrick Troughton.
    RubberEagle: actually I'm pretty sure she is related to him.
    I agree, there's a Sam Troughton who appears in Robin Hood and he's the grandson of Patrick. He looks a lot like Alice (she was in Doctor Who confidential) so I would assume they're brother and sister.

Worf
    I can't remember where I read about Alice Troughton, but it was probably either Doctor Who Magazine or DoctorWhoNews.com
  • MundaneMundane Elite Ranger
    Funny looking aliens :)
    Oh yeah, I thought they looked awesome! Can't beat this show's creativity in that area sometimes.
    Does anyone have the eposide commentaries (podcasts) saved as mp3? I kinda forgot to download them, and can't access any past commentaries (stupid BBC country check...)
  • In BetweenIn Between The Ultimate Lurker
    T Bag is Leaving !!!!!!!

He will stay around for the 2009 specials but ..... :(

[url]http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/7411177.stm[/url]
    [quote]Bafta-winning writer Steven Moffat will succeed Davies as lead writer and executive producer of the fifth series of Doctor Who.

Moffat said that the whole of his career had been "a secret plan to get this job". Moffat said: "I applied before but I got knocked back 'cos the BBC wanted someone else. Also I was seven."[/quote]

[B][I]YES!!!![/I][/B] *jumps for joy and runs around in circles*

I love Davies to death, but DAMN does this make me happy!!! :D
    [QUOTE]According to columnist Rich Johnston at Comic Book Resources, Neil Gaiman has already been asked by forthcoming Doctor Who producer Steven Moffat to write an episode of the show in 2010.[/QUOTE]

That would be interesting :)

Worf
    Squee!!!!!! :D :D :D
    Easily the best episode so far this year :)

Spoiler: Donna's dead! WOO! I'm sure she'll be back next week though :(

I'm pretty sure she's not going to survive the season though, not after that conversation she had with Professor River Song. Speaking of which, it's interesting to see a companion from the Doctor's future. I wonder if we'll see more of her after next week (assuming she survives) and if she's planned for 2010.

Can't wait for the next episode!

Worf
    Yes, fantastic episode. So many great little (and big) twists :)
    Spoiler: I loved the twist at the end with Colin Salmon telling the girl that the library was the real world. (though i allready speculated as much at that time). At first i thought that maybe the computer-core was somehow connected to the brain of a girl living in another timeline
    Speculation:"Saved Persons": I think that their brainwaves/personality (as hinted with the communicationsdevice-echoes) have been saved into the library mainframe. The girl is the library's computer, and the persons around her are actual "dead" persons from the library. Maybe the next episode even starts there, with donna (maybe even as her mother).