Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

I've been wanting to do a 'TV with B5' thingy

14567810»

Comments

• Yes, I noticed that Great Lakes shot the second time I saw this show during the Sci-Fi reruns. Pretty damn funny.
  • Ruling from the Tomb

1) Lockly wants more information on Mars security. The native security lady says she it taken care of it. Lockly and the security lady don't like each other. Lockly is in charge of a conference on Mars. Gideon ordered to Mars. Chambers to give the opening speech. Lockly assures Gideon she has security covered. Meanwhile a man is killed.

2) The conference is Dr. Franklin's idea.

3) Lockly and Gideon don't get along.

4) Chambers meats Dr. Le Veck wile waiting for Gideon. Security lady takes Chambers to Gideon who is at the murder sight.

5) A dooms day cult mark is cut into the body. Scared Omega is the name of the cult Gideon says. They think the Drakh plague is sent by a god as punishment.
    (Remember this part) Lockly says the autopsy should be done off planet. She recommends the Excalibur.

6) Trace makes a joke about having a quiet passenger. He peeks and finds that he knew the man. The dead man is the reason he was going to be a priest.

7) Le Veck praying. He hears a woman's voice who hears a voice. Just assume that when your voice hears a voice something is wrong. The man who died died for a gods plan according to the voice woman.
    Le Veck's allies think he is a tool, a double auntandray? <-- I cant spell that nor find the correct spelling)

8) Trace was a foundationest. The man who died was a healer. Very good at it. Something bad happened and Trace lost his religion. Gideon won't let Lockly pry.

9) Eilerson gets pick pocketed.

10) The dead man's killer was human the autopsy shows. 90% of Mars, 10% aren't human! Wow :alien:
    Lockly now claims Gideon maneuvered the autopsy to be done on the Excalibur. :P Clams Gideon is interfering with her investigation. Gideon has the autopsy information go to him first. Gideon says the cultist are on Mars as there are no attacks on the Excalibur.

11) La Veck sees Trace and ducks to the side. He doesn't Trace to die. His voce tells him to just trust in his god. The weapon to destroy the conference were found with the grace of that god.

12) Opening ceremonies tonight.

13) Trace, Eilerson get drunk.

14) The Gideon Lockly lunch.

15) Le Veck sets the bomb for 666. It should destroy the conference center and out to a mile.

16) The drunken dance with Dureena. Trace goes outside the bar to get air. Gets stabbed and in a fight. Dureena goes looking for him. Finds him with a knife at his throat. Wile Dureena and the attacker debate the security lady puts a PPG to the attacker's head. The security lady says to drop the knife at three. 1,.. 2,.. POP dead, 3.

17) Le Veck sets off the count down for the bomb to go off.

18) Dureena doctors Trace's face. Eilerson doesn't think it is a coincidence that two people who knew each other were attacked. Security lady gives Trace the photos of the conference goers.

19) Chambers speech. -mean wile- Trace sees Le Veck's photo. He knows him by a different name. The thing Trace dropped his religion for messed up 'Le Veck' Lockly calls Gideon, who stayed at the conference. Gideon smoothly interrupts Chambers speech to tell the attendants to tell them there is only months left before the Drakh plague kills the people on Earth. 'Le Veck's' voice tells him to let the conference goers go as his god's work is done. He stops the countdown at eighteen seconds.
    'Le Veck' goes to were the bomb is at and meats two co-conspirators caught. They die in a shoot out. 'Le Veck's' voice is Jone of Arc.

20) The conference goes good. The explosives were left over from the Mars Resistance.

21) Lockly thinks Gideon should have let her make Trace answer her question. Gideon agrees.

What I got from this episode

A) Death cults to add to the mix.
  • The Rules of the Game

1) B5 has lasted 10 years at this point in Excalibur. Eilerson thinks it shouldn't have. Eilerson is meant by a woman, Ms Allen, Eilerson's ex wife. Chambers is there.

2) Gideon arguing with a Bracuri Ambassador. The Bracuri explains to Gideon that Lorca 7 and the Bricur have a mutual defense treaty. The Lorcans don't allow others to land on there planet. Gideon will have to talk to them him self to see if they will let him land. Gideon says that not needing to get permission is the whole point of ISA.

3) He will meat with there representatives.

4) Allen needs 100,000 credits. She borrowed 50,000 credits at 100% interest compounded every six months. (I pay my credit card off when I get the bill if not before) Eilerson says he will pay 50,000 no more. Allen thinks she will be killed over the rest.

5) The Lorkens moved to Lorken 7. The original settlers died off. 500 years ago the Lorkins moved in.
    They found lots of teck. There not as advanced as there teck would lead one to think.

6) Gideon intends to go to Lorca 7 one way or another. The Lorkans on B5 spy on that conversation. They fear being exposed. Decide to kill Gideon.

7) Eilerson pays 50,000 credits to a mob man and says that pays off the debt. The mob man says no, 50,000 more.
    Allen made a deal and Eilerson wants to get out with out paying the whole thing? At least pay the ligament expenses. Were would Allen be with out there money? She thought it fair, at the time. Now she wants to welsh out of it.

8) The Lorkens say there 'god' gave Lorken 7 to them. For as long as there free of corruption. (spying doesn't count?) Outsiders would corrupt them so there not allowed.

9) Mr Kitty kidnapped! =(

10) Wha-Wha-Wha-What! Lockly got a DOOR!!!

11) The bet no one will recognize Lockly out and about if she is out of uniform.

12) The Lorkens to use a hand weapon to kill Gideon. They decide to kill Lockly because she is with him.

13) Chambers at Allen's to protect her.

14) Gideon lost the bet with Lockly.

15) Gideon and lockly acting as if there on a date. Kind of strange as Gideon was written for Sinclair and Lockly was written for Ivonava.

16) Lorkens attack. block there coms.

17) Allen says Eilerson is vary smart. Didn't learn to have friends.

18) Eilerson goes to Allen's quaters, OOPS It isn't him. Chambers beats up the mob man, he runs out and away.

19) Eilerson payed some Drazi to 'get' the mob man.

20) Gideon and Lockly out smart the Lorkens. Catch them.

21) Eilerson had the Drazi bring the mob man to him some were they can be alone. The mob man thinks he will get the money as Eilerson hasn't killed him. Thinks Eilerson doesn't have the guts to kill him.
    Eilerson uses a strange device to shoot a ring around the mob man's neck. It has no seam.
    He shoots another one around a pipe. Eilerson throws something at the ring around the pipe. It blows up. I hope that pipe wasn't important.
    Eilerson tells the mob man that it the ring gets close to another such device the ring will explode. Allen and Eilerson will each have such a device.
    The Cat is to be returned and bathed. The device can also be programmed to make the ring explode.

22) Gideon and Lockly in the shower to gather. 0.0

23) The Lorkens on B5 were selling teck under the table.
    The Lorkens now want others on there planet to test there faith.

24) Lockly and Gideon are fine with the sex but don't want to get committed.

What I got from this episode

A) It pushed along Gideon and Lockly's relationship.

B) Showed what Gideon would do to get what he wants.
  • Appearances and other Deceits

1) An unknown ship in space, a chime, a being pushes a button. The Excalibur shows up on the ship's monitor.

2) the colors of the uniforms are to be redone for the Excalibur. They don't send the correct image back home. Gideon and Matheson don't like the guys doing the uniforms.

3) Riots back home, says a former Night Watch man, dooms day cults. he adds that if anyone knows how to survive political changes it is him. :) I'm sure enough he is playing the same Night Watch man from B5.

4) picking up some things on long range scanners, 2,000 KL. 2,000 KL = long range. OK. Getting one life form, Through the hull and at 2,000 KL Impressive. Star Trek could say if the sox matched from that distance.
    Gideon thinks thats an odd number. Matheson says there are over 1,000 organics, there dead.

5) Excalibur sends people to the other ship. I get messed up thinking Matheson should be able to read there minds if he wants to or not. Then I remember that is in hyperspace. The ship has a hole in it, looks to be blown from the inside out.

6) the crew is found. Looks like they killed each other. Been dead for less then a weak, Matheson thinks. The engines were also destroyed also.

7) One alien found alive. A string of dead ones to were the live one was found in a pod in th wall.

8) The alien is taken to med lab were it is stabilized,... now having a heart attack. One of the med crew runs in against protocol and sets to zap it. It grabs her wrist and a wight glow goes from it to her. It then dies. Janey gets her hand slapped.

9) The alien seemed to will it self to death Chambers says. Gideon says 'then why the distress call?
    Chambers saw many EEG readings. Not possible she says.

10) Janey wrights on a tablet with symbols just like what was found on the alien ship's walls. She touches a man's neck and a wight glow goes from her to him. She then speaks to him in another language.
    She seems to be possessed and unable to communicate to the glow people in the same host as she is in.

11) Eilerson thinks maybe the spoken and written languages are from different species. It couldn't possibly be say from a worker class and a warrior class each having there own languages.

12) Matheson sees some of the alien righting in the transit tube.

13) The Night Watch guy was taken over by someone other then Janey. Janey has been busy.

14) Eilerson cracked the language code. Janey moves toward him as he barges about it. He reads a bit and calls Gideon, then hurries off to warn, explain to Gideon what the alien caption said in the log.
    Eilerson gets out of Janey's reach. She has a man with a PPG taken over. He shoots with only a nod to explain what to do, misses.
    Janey screams. The takenover seem ready for instructions. Eilerson makes the tube car with the help of a guard, who gets shot.
    Eilerson tells Gideon to lock down the decks. The guard is brain dead.

15) The ship they were investigating picked up the aliens from a probe they found.

16) Deck 10 has the alien wrighting on it's walls (deck 9 also?)

17) Night Watch guy speaks for the aliens. Janey is near him. He must have gone to ambassador school.

18) Gideon go to a glass door that has been welded shut to speak with Night Watch guy. He wants a world for them to take over. They will then give Excalibur back. Gideon says no.

19) Gideon tries to freeze them out. They have a glowey leave a man then shoot him.

20) Gideon goes to them in a space suite.

21) Janey says Gideon has less then one hour of air in the suite. Then he will have to get out... or maybe break an air hose to let in the outside air?
    Gideon gives a hint. 'the air (or did he say err?) is human. Air seems to make more sense. Eilerson gets the hint and makes a plan.

22) The deck is decompressed. All the gloweys jump into Night Watch guy. They seem to have all been in the same room. Nice for them. Night watch guy runs looking for air. He sees a man kneeling in a space suite, grabs a wrench, bonks him knocks him out. Must have been a good hit as he was wearing a helmet. he undoes the glove he then touches the man in an inappropriate way and they all jump in. After a moment of self congratulations he notices he can't make the body move. The new host is sent into space A glowey says they know how to cure the Drakh plague. Too late. he he and they are blown up.
    Earth Force takes over investigating the ghost ship.

23) The last host was the guard who got shot and became brain dead.
    How did the gloweys make a brain dead body keep them alive?

What I got from this episode.

A) How many aliens are there? A specific number, unlimited, slowly expanding? If they were fighting hand to naked hand then there can't be insta alien.
  • DarthCaligulaDarthCaligula Elite Ranger
    I just realized something. If the jump gate beacon system works the way you guys say in this topic (which is pretty much like how it works in I Found Her), then how could they find their way back after they blow up the Shadow ship in "Matters of Honor" using the bonehead maneuver, which would have destroyed the jump gate? I thought it was the jump gate itself that transmitted the signal to the other gates, and that's how they could travel in hyperspace.
    Or maybe it's magic White Star plot powers!
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    I'm betting it could be written off as hyperspace beacon propagation delays, a.k.a. PlotJuice (not from concentrate). It's also possible the ship back-tracked its course using the superduperspecial Vorlon sensor grid that was pivotal in so many plot turns following that point.
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    Could there have been another couple of gates close enough for them to triangulate their position and plot a course?
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    Either of those explanations would work. Perhaps the Minbari are able to detect weaker signals, too, and so can travel further off beacon before getting lost.
  • I just realized something. I don't have Season 1 so I can't confirm this, but:

In Midnight on the Firing Line, Garabaldi tells Ivanova that Sinclair goes off the link at a certain time everyday.

In Sky Full of Stars, Garabaldi tells Delenn that its unusual for Sinclair to ever be away from his link.
  • DarthCaligulaDarthCaligula Elite Ranger
    Maybe Sinclair just changed his habits by then!
  • Something else just came to mind. In "The Long Night", Sheridan quotes Ulysses, saying that someone had left it on his desk for him. Obviously this would have been Sinclair, but wasn't Sinclair supposed to have been moved from the station unexectedly and he even thought that he was going to soon go back to the station until Clark or someone told him that he was going to be the new ambassador to Minbar (I seem to recall them saying something like this in To Dream in the City of Sorrows)? And in "Points of Departure", Ivanova definately thinks that Sinclair will be coming back sometime soon, until she gets the call from Hague telling her that Sinclair's been reassigned. But wasn't Ivanova also using Slinclair's office while he was gone? So what's up with that note?
  • David of MacDavid of Mac Elite Ranger Ca
    Maybe Sinclair phoned up and asked Ivanova or Franklin to put it there once he realized he was being replaced.

Come to think of it, I always thought that it seemed like Franklin and Sinclair had already known each other when they first met in "Soul Hunter." I would've liked to know when that was.
  • I didn't get that impression. To me it seems that they're meeting for the first time in that scene.
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    [QUOTE=DarthCaligula;175893]But wasn't Ivanova also using Slinclair's office while he was gone? So what's up with that note?[/QUOTE]

Maybe it was Ivanova who left it there for him.
  • [QUOTE=DarthCaligula;175898]I didn't get that impression. To me it seems that they're meeting for the first time in that scene.[/QUOTE]

I did. They may not have been friends, but they definitely acted like they met before.