Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

B5 script book volume 15

2»

Comments

• ChaosedChaosed Ranger
    Ok now spill it!
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    Buy it yourself =p

G'Kar and Londo make great lovers though
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    I would have bought it myself had the price been more reasonable and within my price range.
  • ChaosedChaosed Ranger
    G'Kar and Londo make great lovers. Old News!
  • Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    Well they have extended the date the scripts will be available for... the volumes will end on 30th June and not 31st May :)
  • DarthCaligulaDarthCaligula Elite Ranger
    More scripts for sale:
    [url]http://www.cafepress.com/b5OtherVoices[/url]
  • It's eerie reading the intros to Volumes14 and 15 and knowing JMS only wrote those words just over a month ago!!
    Now I haven't read book 15 yet (about to start on the scripts in 14), but JMS never told us what Lady Morella's prophecy was about, did he? He said in the volume with "Point of No Return" that he would, but he never did tell us about Londo's chances once and for all. Unless it's in book 15, which I doubt.
  • I was hoping there would be everything she said with an accompanied Londo did 'that', check.
  • David of MacDavid of Mac Elite Ranger Ca
    [QUOTE=DarthCaligula;173484]Now I haven't read book 15 yet (about to start on the scripts in 14), but JMS never told us what Lady Morella's prophecy was about, did he? He said in the volume with "Point of No Return" that he would, but he never did tell us about Londo's chances once and for all. Unless it's in book 15, which I doubt.[/QUOTE]

It was in the Centauri Prime books. Specifically

Spoiler: Save the Eye that does not see: Refers to the "I" that does not see. In other words, the first step to Londo redeeming himself is recognizing the need and possibility of redemption.

Don't kill the one who is already dead: That's Sheridan. He can't kill Sheridan, which he doesn't.

Surrender to his greatest fear: The dream of his death, where G'Kar kills him. He embraces that, as well.

So, Londo is three for three as far as redemption goes.

The real question is, what were the two prior chances he squandered? One might be telling the truth about Emperor Turhan's last words.
  • I always considered the books explanations to be less then the show. Too many things didn't fit. The author of the Teckno-Mage books complained about a part of the Centari books.
    All the books ranged from filling some holes to making no sense with the tv show.
    Oh yeah, I forgot about that in the books.
    Heh, I think we probably have the same opinions on the books, Chaosed. I thought the Centauri trilogy could have been much better.
  • Agreed. ;)
    Well, I just finished Volume 15. At first, the stuff in there was pretty cool, with the Treatment and Writer's Bible mostly covering stuff we had already learned in the past books, then the first three scripts were pretty cool, then there was the hilarious G'kar/Londo script... and then I was blown away by the original arc with Sinclair. Anyone want to discuss this? Should we use spoiler tags for those here who haven't read it yet? I'm going to have to rewatch the first season again, since up to the end of that season, things were still going so that the show could have gone on in the original plan and on into Babylon Prime. I'm going to at least have to watch Babylon Squared and the Minbari cerimony in The Parliment of Dreams again.
  • I can't get the red spoiler tags to work for me. :'( It did it once but never again.
    Then again, is it really a spoiler for something that didn't make it into the tv show?
    I'm guessing that would have been the book Ivonava. But I don't know for sure.
    No, it has nothing to do with the Ivanova book. This version of B5 has a lot of the same themes and similar story elements, but done way different. I know it's kind of silly to use spoiler tags when we're talking about something that never aired and will never air (though since remakes of old TV shows and such are all the rage now, if they ever did B5, I say it would only be worth doing if they followed the original plan), but since there are still 5 days left for people to still be able to order these, and since there are people here who might have bought the set all together and are still making their way through it, I wouldn't want to ruin it for them. Depends on what everyone else thinks.
    I rewatched the scene in The Paliment of Dreams and all of Babylon Squared today. I didn't get much from the Minbari cerimony, still pretty much the same meaning to what she says, but when I watched Babylon Squared, I noticed all sorts of phrases said and the other meanings they could have. Especially the Grey Council scenes. I really have to say that it's quite impressive that JMS was able to plant the seeds for what was coming later, but to do it in a way that it could be shaped into something similar, but different depending on actors leaving and such. I have a feeling that Soul Hunter is going to be another good one for this.

Chaosed, to do a spoiler tag like this: Spoiler: The Drakh Plague was cured with acupuncture , you type (without the spaces before and after the word "spoiler") [ spoiler ] and then end it with [/ spoiler ]
  • Test: (Spoiler inside) Spoiler: will this now work? This has been a test of Chaosed's ability do make red tags happen. We will now return you to your regular thread.
    Wah! thanks. I'm thinking I forgot to add 'spoiler' with the '/'.

Thanks, written down and in the desk. Now to hope it doesn't disappear like the last one. /crosses fingers
    Well, today's the last day to order them if anyone wanted to know.
  • Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    Yup its all gone now. Only managed to get 4 of them. Just couldn't justify the cost. Spread over a longer period of time yes but I don't think they had them out for long enough.

Any they are now saying stay tuned for something special in August... no doubt more B5 stuff that we want but can't afford...
    Probably the Crusade or New Twilight Zone scripts.
    Looks like the Joe Store is totally closed, so not even the concept art calenders and stuff like that are available anymore. I'm sure glad I got that calender already.
  • The Joe Store with the election gear and quote gear will be reopening in August.

Jan
    Well there's something new: [url]http://www.cafepress.com/thejoestore[/url]
    Not sure if I'm interested. I'm such a loser phanbui that I probably know everything in there anyway, and I'd be more interested in finding and buying the missing issues of B5 Magazine. The only part that looks really interesting about it is the introduction by Fiona Avery.