Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

From Joss Whedon...

WORFWORF The Burninator
[URL="http://www.vimeo.com/1227202"]Dr Horrible's Sing Along[/URL]

Or at least the trailer, it's going to be a 3 part musical released online sometime between now and comic con (end of July).

EDIT: Now on [URL="http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=SYtjUhPdxyI"]YouTube[/URL]

Worf

Comments

• Did Dr. Horrible know Dr. Evil? It just seems like they went to the same Dr. school.
  • StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    When nerds attack. :D
  • Lord RefaLord Refa Creepy, but in a good way
    Cant wait to see it.

Nathan Fillion is always funny. Even as a crazy murdering sociopath ex-priest.
  • RubberEagleRubberEagle What's a rubber eagle used for, anyway?
    When is a crazy murdering sociopath ex-priest not funny?
  • When there murdering me,... nope, still funny.
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    Ah! Its the girl from the wow mini series thingy. Shes cute.

Anyway, yeah. Go Nathan Fillion.
    [url]http://www.myspace.com/darkhorsepresents?issuenum=12&storynum=2[/url]

Captain Hammer comic!
    First episode part 1 out tomorrow!
    Mutha fuckas!!

Racists!

Cant see outside of US A, eh? PIRACY! yaarrr...
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    I thought this thing was going to be a free release. So what's with the USA only crap?
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    Not to worry, it's been fixed and viewable by all! :)

And it was great :D

Worf
    Indeed it was.
  • I want Spoiler: a Hammer T-Shirt.

Nice to see Spoiler: Serenity in the background in the opening scene!

Can't wait for the rest!
    I loveds it.. gonna get on dvd. :P
  • StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    Why were they singing? Is this supposed to be a musical? :D

"You expect me to talk, Goldfinger?!"
    "No, I expect you to die, Mr. Bond."
    [QUOTE=Lord Refa;174376]I loveds it.. gonna get on dvd. :P[/QUOTE]

I plan to, as well. :D
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    So do I, that first part was awesome. Had me in stitches by the end :D Cant wait for the next act!
    next part should be out and about in 4 hours. :)
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    [sp]....the Hammer is my penis[/sp] :D

Lovin it! Awesome :D
    Yup. I was sort of expecting that.. :P

In a way, I felt that the start of the second part wasnt quite as good as the first part.. but when Captain Hammer showed up it got a lot better fast. :D
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    [SP=act 2]"And sometimes, there's a third, even deeper level, and that one's the same as the top...surface one..." "...Huh?" "Like a pie--You going to see him again?" "I think so......Billy?" "Yeah?" "You're driving a spork into your leg" "So I am..." *akward chuckle*[/SP]

I'm likely going to double-dip this for purchasing. Bought a season pass on iTunes, and likely will buy another copy on DVD when it comes out. It's of a level of quality that warrants such attention.
    [sp=Act2]I like the sound of a phd in horribleness[/sp]

Worf
    That was sadness.

But goodness.
    [sp=Act 3]What a dramatic end. I see Joss hasn't changed his views on how relationships should be.[/sp]

Worf
  • C_MonC_Mon A Genuine Sucker
    So sad :'(
  • Continuation? Web Series? Hammer and Horrible have a bonafied rivalry now.

Spoiler: it was a surprisingly dark turn, I admit
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    [SP=act 3]Very, very dark compared to the rest of it. Not bad, but unexpected given the lighter tone of the rest of the series. Each act had me hanging on every word, note, and closing. Those last few seconds really capped it off perfectly[/SP]

I want more.
    I liked very much! The only thing I have to say is [sp]they killed her!! They cant kill her! She's HOT!!![/sp]
  • David of MacDavid of Mac Elite Ranger Ca
    Oh, Whedon.

[sp=Act III]I remember one interview where he said that his secret was that he operated from how the characters acted and interacted, instead of moving them around like little chess pieces through the plot and then fitting in their personalities after the fact. I really, really wish he'd take his own advice when he makes these downer endings. Just because they end situations in bad ways instead of good doesn't mean that conveniently misfiring death rays or shockingly well-aimed javelins aren't cheap [i]deus ex machinas[/i].

Indeed, I think I'd have less of a problem with him Jossing his endings if he did it in ways that were a bit more natural to the story than the equivalent of an anvil suddenly dropping out of the sky for no reason. Couldn't Dr. Horrible, Captain Hammer, and Penny have met their fates in a way a bit more dramatically honest than a freak accident? There's nothing that happens in the story that means the situation couldn't have been resolved the same way thirty seconds into the first act, with Hammer bungling one of Horrible's schemes in a way which kills Penny (in a way which no reasonable person could anticipate) for which Horrible receives Evil Brownie Points, and that renders the whole thing sort of pointless. A setting is established, characters interact, a conflict is introduced, a complication occurs, they all come to to a head, but right before the characters resolve their situation by themselves like big boys and girl, the hand of God reaches down and does it for them. Feh.[/sp]

It's funny how thirty seconds of rank hackery can outweigh forty-two minutes of excellence, but it [i]was[/i] the most important thirty seconds.
  • [SP]Quick, unexpected, brutal death, sometimes out of nowhere, is just one of Whedon's things. Joyce, Tara and Anya in Buffy, Wash, and now Penny. You either like it or you don't, but there is rarely total randomness to it. In this case, it is the obvious irony that to get into the Evil League of Evil, all Dr. Horrible had to do was loose everything else he ever wanted, plus turning him into the stone hard villian he was always trying to portray himself as. Thas just my take[/SP]

That said, screw Dollhouse, I want this show.