Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Is that something shiny and new?

SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
Yes! It is! Two things, actually. Though one isn't all too shiny.

See that icon in the top right? That's our fancy new spoiler button! Saves the hassle of typing things out and making it work after.

but wait, it mentions this thing called sp...

I got tired of writing it out, so instead of 'spoiler', the tag can now be summoned with a simple 'sp'. It also has been given the gift of parameters, making it possible to identify the context of the spoiler in question. Example, [sp=The Cake]Is a lie[/sp]. Or more usefully so, [sp=Revelations]Something epic happens in this battlestar galactica episode![/sp]. It can also be used without. [sp]Monkeys are rad![/sp]

I've also added proper speculation tags, which can be summoned through 'spec' and have the same parameters. It doesn't have a button, as I don't believe it has yet earned one, but if anyone needs it that much I can probably provide it. [spec=This thread]I think that about covers it.[/spec]

Comments

• StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    I protest against this new feature, how can you have green without purple? :D
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    it's actually not really all too new, but I've seen people using it before and copy/pasting html to do so. seemed logical to preserve the color.

Perhaps purple will get a tag of its own. ;)
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    Um.. The background is purplish?

Weve been trying to rectify that problem for years..
    Oh, and I dont see the button..

[spec]But I suspect that will be take care of, si?[/spec]
  • HuntSmackerHuntSmacker Firstones Ambassador to Starcraftia
    [spec]I suspect lots of misuse of the SPEC tag![/spec]
    [spec]I believe that we will find that that is just because its green![/spec]
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    You're probably looking in the wrong place. It's [SP=spoiler tag]the last button, marked "S"[/SP], in the lower format bar on the full reply page (not the quick reply box).
  • FreejackFreejack Jake the Not-so-Wise
    [SP]Test, test, test one two three, test one two three....[/SP]
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    [sp]I[/sp][sp]l[/sp][spec]o[/spec][sp]v[/sp][spec]e[/spec][sp]F[/sp][spec]O[/spec]
    I wish I knew how to add buttons to the quick-reply bar :P
    The quick reply thing is annoyingly hard to modify. I spent a day trying to get the smily selection into it before I gave up.
    I've apparently discovered where to do it, but it requires straight-up modification of the base code. I'll pass for now. Perhaps later, though.
  • DarthCaligulaDarthCaligula Elite Ranger
    [sp]OMG D00DZ POST COUNT ++++++++!11!1[/sp]
    I don't see how to do the context though.
    [code][sp=context][/code]

Its easy, yo!
  • CurZCurZ Resident Hippy
    [sp=Vader is Luke's father]Oops[/sp]

I think I did it wrong :(
  • Lord RefaLord Refa Creepy, but in a good way
    [URL=http://img47.imageshack.us/my.php?image=youfailbj2.jpg][IMG]http://img47.imageshack.us/img47/7791/youfailbj2.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
  • David of MacDavid of Mac Elite Ranger Ca
    So, are we ever going to discriminate between "kindness spoilers" of recently aired stuff, like what the BSG and Doctor Who threads are full of, and "actual spoilers" that talk about things that haven't been aired anywhere yet? I mean, I guess the context tag could solve that problem, but, still.

Also, could the green for spec-tags be a little brighter? It's a bit too similar to the tone of the red to be immediately recognized as different by the colorly-blinded.
    How's that?
  • DarthCaligulaDarthCaligula Elite Ranger
    [sp=Boogiepop Phantom] This show is really weird. [/sp]
  • Lord RefaLord Refa Creepy, but in a good way
    [SP] I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle , here is my spout .[/SP]
    [SP=Oh my god]Ah, I see it now.[/SP]

[spec]I suspect this will be quite overused.[/spec]
  • Entil'ZhaEntil'Zha I see famous people
    [spec] can you put a [sp] inside of a [/sp] spec [/spec]
  • StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    Christmas colors... there's [SPEC]Vicks Nyquil[/SPEC] and then there's [SP]Vicks Dayquil[/SP]. If you want to know what they taste like, try both. "And you can take them anytime you want because your cold doesn't care what time it is." :D
  • HuntSmackerHuntSmacker Firstones Ambassador to Starcraftia
    I've played around with Quick Reply a lot (even a file attachment) but that was in Phpbb...
  • After righting down the spoiler directions for the (spoiler) second. time. and then not quickly (speculation) letting it get lost.

ARGH!
  • [QUOTE] will this work? [/QUOTE]
    [COLOR="DarkOrange"] or this? [/COLOR]
    [U] Maybe this? perhaps this? [/U]
    [B] Not this! [/B]

(spoiler inside) Spoiler: just because your paranoid doesn't mean everyone isn't out to get ... me?

The only icon up there is the #1 now # 27
    Is this one of them there must be under 45 to be able to see its?
    [QUOTE=HuntSmacker;174125]I've played around with Quick Reply a lot (even a file attachment) but that was in Phpbb...[/QUOTE]

The lazy route, where I simply shortened the tags, is the one I think is probably the most effective. :p

And Chaosed, you still need to close the tags. Also, the "(spoiler)" (or the appropriate variation) is automatically appended when you encapsulate body text with the proper tags.

The icon itself is the right-most icon on the bottom row. it looks like an uppercase 'S' in moderate bold.